Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Arc'teryx the toughest name in the shell biz now?

My Columbia is pretty sad after 19 years.

They make GREAT but over priced shit.  Eddie Bauer first ascent shit is bomb proof too.

Hell anything goretex or even better eVent is fine.

1 hour ago, mikel7829 said:

Naw bro..Haven't had a drop in over 6 months..It was just a freak accident really..I just put to much weight on my leg i guess.

Good.  Just wanted to make Sure as that story almost screamed bender

The arc may be cut not so good for you.  They are cut for my build minus 1" I'm the arms.  

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Good.  Just wanted to make Sure as that story almost screamed bender

I know it is going to be sore thats for sure..Its already hard to bend,not swelled to bad I took some ibuprofen earlier that should keep it from swelling..I hate that tub its got a step on it I always avoid it because thinking I would slip and I bit the dust anyway..lol

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

The arc may be cut not so good for you.  They are cut for my build minus 1" I'm the arms.  

Fawk!

I wanted it to be a simple answer.

Man, I remember Sunshine Audio, Pueblo, CO, did a Astro van with 4 15's. Left front and first row rear seats in it. Sat in the rear at the State Fair, God I was in heaven!! Was Kicker gear. Just had to have it.

Friend of mine had a little two door Toyota, Blauphunk (spell?) head unit, and are you sitting down? Spark-o-Matic for speakers/subs! It was actually pretty loud and musical. Well, by 1986 or so, standards,,,,lol

As I sit and think about it, he had a Spark-o-Matic power booster thing, 3-ways in the front, 6x9's in boxes in the trunk and some small speakers on the rear deck. Those had some weird slide adjustable volume control thing. But that little car beat pretty good. 

5 hours ago, mrray13 said:

As I sit and think about it, he had a Spark-o-Matic power booster thing, 3-ways in the front, 6x9's in boxes in the trunk and some small speakers on the rear deck. Those had some weird slide adjustable volume control thing. But that little car beat pretty good. 

Gotta love those ole sparkos..lol I had a cassette deck with a 3 band eq..

True that!! Lmao, jamming to stuff we wouldn't even consider today....

Speaking of...might be time for a Funky Pup mention....lol

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

Fawk!

I wanted it to be a simple answer.

Fit and material > brand.  Stop in at Midwest mountaineering and see what They have

I'm going to branch out though. I feel like an AK variant is needed for true opulence. Also stamped steel frames are probably super cheep for them.

Maybe a ma duece for magnum bottles.

I haven't slept well in 3 days.

Like 2 or 3 hours at a time every 12 hours or so....  I wake up feeling ok at first but now it's to the point where I know that in 2 hours I'm going to slip into what must be the last 20% of my psyche before I manifest my own Tyler Durton.

This would be insanely productive if it wasn't also plagued by what feels like what I imagine most CIA agents felt like when they were "volunteered" for low dose operations of MK-ultra protocol. I haven't done shit and I feel like shit because working out to exhaust myself did nothing. Heavy deads, nothing, 15 sets of squats the next day, 3 hours, 20 sets for my chest day... 2.5 hours this morning.  Woo hoo!!!!

What I have done is catch up on news, my fave YouTube engineering channels, and silently wept dry tears from lack of sleep.  Aparently we are on the cusp of the new human are of plenty and wonderment, or it's nearly the end of days.  

Anyway, any of you engineering dudes watch any good educational engineering tubes? I just smashed through probably 10 hours of Ave' S channel. Fuckin skookem, eh? Maybe some rednile if I want to learn some chem.  

I'm always balls deep in 3blue1brown, the scishow family of channels, I reread. Few good books and reviewed them on crash course(then gave up and just watched the entire series on lit, mythology, religion, Psychology, A&P, etc etc)

46 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Fit and material > brand.  Stop in at Midwest mountaineering and see what They have

They never have my size!  Also according to the EB website, I am larger than a 3x.... and they don't make the harder shells past a 2x.  At least this year they have none.  Maybe due to closeouts.

You should see this kuhl jacket I picked up.  It was an embarasing about of money for what they have listed as a 50 degree coat.  The arm cut allowed me to raise my arms above my head in a jacket however.  I haven't been able to do that in a decade.  And the canvas can be oiled, so I thought, I'll try it.  Only coat <$500 that didn't fit like a moo moo in the waist, or physically pinch my shoulders together.  Even this coat is a bit snug across my shoulders.  The Arc'teryx looked like it had a similar shape and I was amped to see D100.

Why do you like the eVent more than the gortex-pro?  If it works better for my needs I'm not loyal to any brand of anything.

Edited by dem beats

Also started up my Russian lessons and Japanese lessons.

Hope I can stick with it again.

Glad to see we still have a functioning iHop

J

Still sick matt? Or did you finally get all that junk out of you?

45 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Glad to see we still have a functioning iHop

J

Howdy!

I am a sweaty bitch and the eVent breathes!

Fucking Audi...

SH0xNCJ.jpg

12 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Fucking Audi...

SH0xNCJ.jpg

What are you doing to it?

Cam cover gasket and plug seals.  It puked oil EVERYWHERE.

1 minute ago, Tirefryr said:

Cam cover gasket and plug seals.  It puked oil EVERYWHERE.

I had a 4.3 that puked sludge that looked like a milkshake substance once..It was from their faulty lower intake gaskets on the vortec's...I kept loosing coolant and was like wtf....Never seen coolant anywhere figured it was leaking at the heater core somewhere...But it was actually going to the oil pan..Changed the oil and almost filled up a 5 gallon bucket..lol