Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

4 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Still sick matt? Or did you finally get all that junk out of you?

Dude, this is a nightmare.  I feel relatively good.  But when I don't sleep it basically feel a like I have constant aches and pains.

And I'm still officially sick because my sinuses are draining.  I am balso without the drug that controls my autoimmune disorder for about a month.  I don't know that the lack of medication is related, but I would bet it's not helping.

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Cam cover gasket and plug seals.  It puked oil EVERYWHERE.

Your luck with buying cars extends ridiculously far into ownership.

...of course I did just spend $450 on pistons and seals for my brakes.  Wilwood can blow a dick.

Rode in the nastiest conditions of my life this week.

-26F + 55mph winds + 80mph in a different direction.  My dumbass didn't close the vents on my jacket/pants from the day before.  40mi in I was a fucking ice cube.

I wear a rain proof shell, a polartec 100 layer, my vented tekvest, and a wool long sleeve undershirt.  Opening the vents on the shell was bone chilling.  My helmet consists of 2mm of neoprene near my mouth and running spandex on my head.  Add some goggles and a motorcross helmet and that is all I have.  I have NEVER been cold before, but fuck me this was nasty.

Even in those temps my boots were WET on the inside at the end of the day.  Not because of snow but sweat.  eVent is my friend, you can see the sweat steam off my legs regularly.  Of course it is on riding gear, but even for snow events with the kids my MotoFist stuff comes out.

26 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Dude, this is a nightmare.  I feel relatively good.  But when I don't sleep it basically feel a like I have constant aches and pains.

And I'm still officially sick because my sinuses are draining.  I am balso without the drug that controls my autoimmune disorder for about a month.  I don't know that the lack of medication is related, but I would bet it's not helping.

Man with the flu strain this year H3N2 You need to be taking that shit if you have a immune disorder..I wouldn't play with it anyway..Its really beating folks down around here its mostly seems to be targeting kids and the elderly..But middle aged is not exempt specially those with immune disorders..Better take those meds and a z pack can never hurt.

11 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Man with the flu strain this year H3N2 You need to be taking that shit if you have a immune disorder..I wouldn't play with it anyway..Its really beating folks down around here its mostly seems to be targeting kids and the elderly..But middle aged is not exempt specially those with immune disorders..Better take those meds and a z pack can never hurt.

My immune system is in fact too strong.  It's not the virus my my body's reaction to it.  

After the fight with the virus is over, I have this extra large army of white blood cells.  I'm my body, some of the guys who decide who the bad bugs in my body are just fascist.  Like Stalin they start thinking the locals are out to get them and they send the angry hoard at my knees and tendons.  Basically giving me flu like pain etc, they problem is for me it can be long term, my cells are actually attacking the tissue, not just hurting it through inflammation.  Inflammation is what causes the misery, and I can cope with that, the meds do help prevent long term damage and that's the real reason I take it.  I'm in pain every moment of every day in a lot of my body.  As long as I'm respectful of my starting point in pain, I am fine, and more functional that most.

Once insurance starts back up, I'll get back on the big pharma teet. My dose is >$2500 out of pocket and as an aside, I plan on talking to my doc about switching drugs anyway.

Need some car cleaning advice.

I used some purple power to clean my truck wheels. They aren't perfect, but they do look worlds better. Do you guys have an aluminum polish sealant you would recommend?

Also, I remember using Zaino's glass polish and it was so good I didn't have to use my windshield wipers for a year. I was wondering if there is anything equivalent your guys know of or should I just order some more of it.

My big problem with these specialty polishes and such is that they want to sell it for around $20 and it's enough to last me years (or the product goes bad before I use it all.

12 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Even in those temps my boots were WET on the inside at the end of the day.  Not because of snow but sweat.  eVent is my friend, you can see the sweat steam off my legs regularly.  Of course it is on riding gear, but even for snow events with the kids my MotoFist stuff comes out.

Googling......

I never ever thought of sledding gear.  Fucking yasss.  I'll bet they make their shit out of strength, hate, and beer!

If you got caught in a deluge of rain would it keep you dry?

Zippers up and not on a sled, walking etc.  As in could it be used as a less expensive shell.  I'm sure the pants are even better than most weak ass outdoor pants today.  Even "hard wearing" snowboard pants suck dick until you fork over a child or 2.

Edited by dem beats

53 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Need some car cleaning advice.

I used some purple power to clean my truck wheels. They aren't perfect, but they do look worlds better. Do you guys have an aluminum polish sealant you would recommend?

Also, I remember using Zaino's glass polish and it was so good I didn't have to use my windshield wipers for a year. I was wondering if there is anything equivalent your guys know of or should I just order some more of it.

My big problem with these specialty polishes and such is that they want to sell it for around $20 and it's enough to last me years (or the product goes bad before I use it all.

If they're uncoated polished aluminum, just pick a good wheel polish and have at it.  That's the easiest way. 

When I had my Budniks, I would polish them every time I washed the car which was almost daily.  you REALLY have to keep up on aluminum or just bite the bullet and get it clear coated.   

I suggest reading up on some of the detailing forums.  There have been many advancements in coatings over the past 10 years, but some are very hard and take many many years to wear so if you don't get the exact finish you want on your wheels, then you seal them, you're kinda screwed until it wears or you have to chemically (which is sometimes not possible) or mechanically strip it which could cause even more damage.

What I've always done is Mother's or Eagle one wheel polish followed by a good quality wax.  That would last about a week, but I was a clean freak and wore the wax down quite quickly with wash after wash, and etching wheel cleaners.

If you have any type of coating on the wheel, treat it like you would paint.

I think I'm going to start with something I can find at Walmart/Autoparts store and go from there. The wheels are no where near perfect, but I'm trying to keep them looking clean longer and not have to go through the severe acid wash again.

My knee is super swelled and I cant even put ice on it...Nerve damage prevents that I cant handle it feels like im getting electrocuted if I do a ice pack..IBU's are doing jack shit too...Im in a lose lose situation..

Sucks Mikey. Probably should call the Dr in the AM if you aren't feeling better.

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

Googling......

I never ever thought of sledding gear.  Fucking yasss.  I'll bet they make their shit out of strength, hate, and beer!

If you got caught in a deluge of rain would it keep you dry?

Zippers up and not on a sled, walking etc.  As in could it be used as a less expensive shell.  I'm sure the pants are even better than most weak ass outdoor pants today.  Even "hard wearing" snowboard pants suck dick until you fork over a child or 2.

Motofist shit is bomb proof.  Klim doesn't suck eeither

Bet my sis is loving being at this game.

1 minute ago, ///M5 said:

Bet my sis is loving being at this game.

Is it a good one?  I binge watched some netflix with the W.

4 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Motofist shit is bomb proof.  Klim doesn't suck eeither

I've been looking at their stuff.  It looks like they don't make hood's on their heavy weight stuff.  I like those klim gloves.  I actually like them more than my leather grandoess.  Those are getting pretty old however.  

Maybe 5 years of me ham fisting around.  I've been gentle but sweat seems to take it's toll on gloves more than anything.

17 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Is it a good one?  I binge watched some netflix with the W.

It was a good game

Hoods SUCK on a snowmobile.  Whip around.  Created a problem for more regular use.

9 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Hoods SUCK on a snowmobile.  Whip around.  Created a problem for more regular use.

I know.  I actually feel the same way 99.9% of the time.  When I was snowboarding I always tucked it.  I wish they would give the obligatory neck rolled up hood.  

I'm not sure I can justify a durable outer shell that won't keep anything out of my neck.  Otherwise they look to be exactly what I want.  Maybe what they consider a lighter weight coat would be good enough for me.

Or it's go balls deep and get the jumper! :D

I hate hood's.  And I hate how they look on a jacket too.  However.  Rain is a thing.

I also have a rain shell.  Of course my snow stuff has the mating cologne of a true redneck so wearing it out causes the ladies to flock to me.  Due to this I usually only wear it for power sports or serious snow play.  Mmmm, 2 stroke smoke!

I rarely wear a shell though.  The down liner is my goto.

I beat on things.  Like super delux hard. I got the Columbia serviceable again.  I don't know how, but sometimes hammer logic?

It's junk compared to new stuff that's for sure.

But it was some great omnitech titanium badassery back in the day.