Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

BTW, that was a planned run-on sentence, and not too superbly executed either.  The grammar ninja inside of me is totally disgusted at this point, so I must turn in for the night.

4 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Lincoln Lawer? I love that movie..

Actually, I was making reference to their current marketing campaign with him.

Stole the roommates Fuck-us RS.

What a go cart!

Fucking left pedal action FTW.

Edited by dem beats

4 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Stole the roommates Fuck-us RS.

What a go cart!

Fucking left pedal action FTW.

What the hell is that? Lol

12 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

What the hell is that? Lol

https://m.ford.com/performance/focus-rs/

Ford's angriest answer to hot hatches.

Fiesta arguments aside, this fucker in snow with blizzaks has proven to be worth it's left pedal.

She chooches like a box full of angry hornets.

23 minutes ago, dem beats said:

https://m.ford.com/performance/focus-rs/

Ford's angriest answer to hot hatches.

Fiesta arguments aside, this fucker in snow with blizzaks has proven to be worth it's left pedal.

She chooches like a box full of angry hornets.

Lol damn 350 horse..I  am sure it would be fun..What is the gas mileage in the little beast?

13 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Lol damn 350 horse..I  am sure it would be fun..What is the gas mileage in the little beast?

No clue.  I'm just here to spin these blizzaks. 

Lol

6 minutes ago, dem beats said:

No clue.  I'm just here to spin these blizzaks. 

Lol

Lmao..crazy dude!

42 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Lmao..crazy dude!

The VFW gets a man in trouble.  I'm not responsible.

I'm so done with this cold and snow.  I'm also extremely tired of these idiots that can't drive for shit.

Of course it doesn't help I work in a freezer all day.

All this snow can go away any time!

Uuungh

Why is it that in my 30s, I can have a hang over, without getting drunk. Holy shit.  I didn't even tie one on someone else.

I'm not terrible, but I sure don't feel good.

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

This is a blanket statement though.  It's application dependent.  We can't just say T4 or T5 or T6, or anything for that matter.  We  don't have any information on turbine or compressor mapping, cam specs, mounting, etc.    We can all do dyno tests and make the results read any way we want. 

I'm going to assume here that you've seen some where they did basically a swap of a kit from a 4.8 to 5.3 and did pulls on each.  All that indicates is the turbine and compressor are not proper for the application (5.3), or was best suited for the 4.8 application.

Blanket was meant for cost effective, ie used or reasonable (chinese) builds.  The 5.3 or bigger really needs a T6 and gets out of the efficiency curve of the turbine where the 4.8 can use a single large T4 and build power right in the efficiency window really easily.  Obviously if you have big targets displacement is king, but for 700hp crank builds it is much cheaper to build a 4.8 than the other motors.  They also take a beating better.  I am ONLY referring to LS motors from scrap yards as building blocks.  Being Mike was doing a swap that is what led me there.  So yes, blanket indeed but for a specific application.

Yes, my fault for misreading that.  I apologize.

No need to apologize, it is the typed word.  I also spend $ like crazy so your expectations are appropriately pointed.

Honestly, I think they were overpriced for what they were.  $10K cheaper and they'd have sold like hot cakes.  Just my opinion. 

Think of it as the blue collar CTS-V.  They're ugly, but the performance can not be denied. 

Of course when you look at it that way, it makes you wonder how Lincoln sells any of their "dressed up" Fords.   It must be all Matthew McConaughey.  Yes, that's it.

Yep, $48k for that is wrong.  Had they dressed up the outside a bit more and put in a nicer interior then $48 could be okay.  Hell if they did that I would own one.

Sad that the Holden version looks so much better...and even worse, comes with the LSA.

rgNfbvC.png

11 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I am going to say mild just a street toy..Honestly I was going to start with just a basic stock 5.3 and go from there..I realize there is not really a huge horse power difference in the 4.3 v6 and the 5.3 or 5.7..But they dont seem to be alot out there for the v6 without pouring a fortune in it..And from what I researched I can just add wires to the existing harness for the v8 spyder..And I can get a LS swap kit exactly for it for like $700 or so..So to make a long story short I would like to just do a drop in out of a Silverado,Suburban,ect..And mildly beef her up a bit on a budget..lol

Probably cheaper to build the 4.3

11 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Whats the deal with the 4.8? Whats the price range and what can they be found in? And is there alot available for it for performance at a decent price?

It is the el cheapo HP option for GM and the junk yard guys.  No one wants them used so they go super cheap and mate with cheap used turbos to make a ton of power for nearly no money.  Plenty of cheap manifolds as well to do your own "kit" but if you haven't done one already don't expect the process to be easy.  As a plane naturally aspirated engine there is no way I woudl get one.

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I so want more cold and snow.  I'm also extremely tired of these idiots that can't drive for shit.

Hey, me too!

46 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Uuungh

Why is it that in my 30s, I can have a hang over, without getting drunk. Holy shit.  I didn't even tie one on someone else.

I'm not terrible, but I sure don't feel good.

Hydration is necessary as you age.

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I'm so done with this cold and snow.  I'm also extremely tired of these idiots that can't drive for shit.

You ought to see folks drive in the snow here..

37 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

It is the el cheapo HP option for GM and the junk yard guys.  No one wants them used so they go super cheap and mate with cheap used turbos to make a ton of power for nearly no money.  Plenty of cheap manifolds as well to do your own "kit" but if you haven't done one already don't expect the process to be easy.  As a plane naturally aspirated engine there is no way I woudl get one.

What all did they come out in? And whats the best years? I seen some online in s10's..most with my body style blazer do the 5.3 or 6.0 its looking like...But I hear that the 5.7 is pretty simple

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Hydration is necessary as you age.

You called it.  Forgot water.

Aparently, the CO2 water in my vodka wasn't enough.  Lol

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

Sang some Justin Bieber and some Darkness.

Love it.

Sounds like lot of nut pinching was going on.