Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

21 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Sounds like lot of nut pinching was going on.

I killed the darkness.

My cover of "love yourself" drops the L word and adds an F word.

Lol

They had a new DJ and I upset his sensibilities at midnight at a VFW.  Super funny but it shook my golden pipes.  Flopped but some cute chick came up and cheered me on so I won the crowd. Lol

Normally my 6'4 cohort and I sing Afternoon delight. His church choir skills make him perfect for the lady vocals. But we decided some solo acts were needed.

I haven't left the house in a couple weeks so it was a hoot.

4 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

What all did they come out in? And whats the best years? I seen some online in s10's..most with my body style blazer do the 5.3 or 6.0 its looking like...But I hear that the 5.7 is pretty simple

If you aren't doing a turbo it isn't the right block.  Smallest of the LS blocks.  I'd start with a budget and goals instead of shopping.

Aargh, fuck me.  Took the beast out for lunch.  Stumble at high rpms. :(

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

If you aren't doing a turbo it isn't the right block.  Smallest of the LS blocks.  I'd start with a budget and goals instead of shopping.

What I will most likely do then is just see what I can come across for a deccent price within the next month or so..What ever deal I stumble across between the 5.3 and the 5.7..Honestly I think the 5.7 will be less work..My goal is wanting it to look like it came in it from the factory..lol I would settle for just a stock one out of a wrecked truck or whatever maybe find someone willing to package ecm,harness and all accessories..After I get it swapped then start little performance upgades..I belive it can be done and be right for around a $1500 budget,all said and done..I really just want something to do to occupy my time besides work.. Oh and that transmission guy I know said it was the torque converter out of the inline 6 trail blazer idk...Any truth to that you think?

10 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

What all did they come out in? And whats the best years? I seen some online in s10's..most with my body style blazer do the 5.3 or 6.0 its looking like...But I hear that the 5.7 is pretty simple

Research and planning and Budget, all go long ways when your about to take on a project. Like I once bought a supercharger for my 89 stang and didn't do any research prior to it. I was in for a lot of extra stuff I had to get and I was out of range on my budget so I had to wait a long time before I could "slap" it on.

I may have planned on me being an idiot for bracing. I think I saw a few sheets of 3/4 mdf in my woodshop behind some unfinished projects.

Woohoo!  I at least saw enough for bracing.  Now I just have to clean my way to the raw materials and cut it in below freezing temps.

Just now, Liro213 said:

Research and planning and Budget, all go long ways when your about to take on a project. Like I once bought a supercharger for my 89 stang and didn't do any research prior to it. I was in for a lot of extra stuff I had to get and I was out of range on my budget so I had to wait a long time before I could "slap" it on.

I for sure understand this..First hand experience..lol.I have done alot of research on this for a good time now..They all be done on those types of blazer..4.8,5.3,5.7,6.0..and so on..Actually there is a twin turbo either 5.3 or 6.0 blazer extreme almost kinda like mine floating around on youtube with a beast of a cam..Pretty mean..Of course on which v8 is the best to go with is very debatable..everyone that converted those seems to have a different opinion on the best option to go with..Hell I just want something simple and have some fun doing it without pulling to much of my hair out..

9 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I for sure understand this..First hand experience..lol.I have done alot of research on this for a good time now..They all be done on those types of blazer..4.8,5.3,5.7,6.0..and so on..Actually there is a twin turbo either 5.3 or 6.0 blazer extreme almost kinda like mine floating around on youtube with a beast of a cam..Pretty mean..Of course on which v8 is the best to go with is very debatable..everyone that converted those seems to have a different opinion on the best option to go with..Hell I just want something simple and have some fun doing it without pulling to much of my hair out..

Be ready to go bald then, lol jk. I would start by finding what available options are available. I'm guessing your going to be doing a lot of street driving? Select parts that will have "decent" idle and street manners.

Like m5 said that 4.8 can be a monster with a turbo on it. Also theres a very unique sound when u go down in cubes. But if I had a choice between that 4.8 or 6.0+ ,I'd go 6.0 lol 

I'd love do to an LSX swap into my RX8.  Making it almost unreasonable to drive. :)

On 2/7/2018 at 8:07 PM, mikel7829 said:

I am going to say mild just a street toy..Honestly I was going to start with just a basic stock 5.3 and go from there..I realize there is not really a huge horse power difference in the 4.3 v6 and the 5.3 or 5.7..But they dont seem to be alot out there for the v6 without pouring a fortune in it..And from what I researched I can just add wires to the existing harness for the v8 spyder..And I can get a LS swap kit exactly for it for like $700 or so..So to make a long story short I would like to just do a drop in out of a Silverado,Suburban,ect..And mildly beef her up a bit on a budget..lol

Find out which vehicle they came in that has the correct intake and drive accessories to fit in the Blazer is what I would do If it were I, and I was going for the simplest of drop in's. If the kit come's equipped to deal with such issues, then disregard the previous statement.

Otherwise there is no replacement for displacement. 6.0L FTW!

On 2/6/2018 at 12:34 PM, mikel7829 said:

UPS/Fedex both says best route is to my house....:D I think they said they dont ship to Colorado so I will take them to him..:P

First you must crack the code to get on the mailing list. :wacky:

On 2/6/2018 at 12:20 PM, ///M5 said:

Sorry for the monster delay.  Regrettably they have been boxed now since Christmas pretty much.  I avoided that shipping rush and then left town for work and leisure.  Saw the box this morning and hung my tail between my legs.  Will check UPS/Fedex and figure out the best route.

Haha, no worries. About how I felt when I realized your box had been sitting in my trunk for over a month, waiting to be shipped.  

On 2/6/2018 at 3:16 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Ended the day up 3.35% on my Robinhood.  If anyone wants to have some stock trading fun with me I have a Robinhood code that you and I can get a freebie stock.  This has become a side fun for me in the guise of trying to increase some revenue streams.

My code if you want to have a play along too with out dealing with brokers etc: share.robinhood.com/aaronc714

Just downloaded the app. Now to see if I can figure it out. :P

Yikes Aaron, they want way to much personal info on the Robinhood. 

11 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

What I will most likely do then is just see what I can come across for a deccent price within the next month or so..What ever deal I stumble across between the 5.3 and the 5.7..Honestly I think the 5.7 will be less work..My goal is wanting it to look like it came in it from the factory..lol I would settle for just a stock one out of a wrecked truck or whatever maybe find someone willing to package ecm,harness and all accessories..After I get it swapped then start little performance upgades..I belive it can be done and be right for around a $1500 budget,all said and done..I really just want something to do to occupy my time besides work.. Oh and that transmission guy I know said it was the torque converter out of the inline 6 trail blazer idk...Any truth to that you think?

A $1500 swap would be impressive.  Expect that to double.  Obviously if you fab a bunch of stuff yourself then no.  Hell I spent that on my headers...

11 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Hell I just want something simple and have some fun doing it without pulling to much of my hair out..

Put a turbo on the 4.3 then.  Will outperform your engine swap.

9 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Same amount of info as my other investment efforts.  I use Stash also, its a little less info needed and does only ETF's so much less risk involved.  Not to mention, they just started offering an ETF that is called Corporate Cannibus.  Which means, I have been investing in Colorado for a little bit now.  Haha.  I get a kick out of it as it is low risk overall and super easy.  Yes, the market is way the F down, but that means everything except Amazon is pretty much on sale. ;)

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Ugh, I want to FI my Silverado so bad

Heartbeat/LSA is the cheapest route.  Can be done for $3k if you are SUPER crafty.  If not, then $6k+

41 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Otherwise there is no replacement for displacement. 6.0L FTW!

Forced Induction is a direct replacement

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

Incorporate, filter through a she'll, hide it through a blockchain crypto transfer, and boom, Roberts your mother's sister.

Anon AF.

Make sure you VPN too.

Hum, I have another LLC that I could funnel some shiz through...

If your worried about your info, buy everything through a shell.  Best part, if you get in trouble, your shit stays.

Boom.

57 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Put a turbo on the 4.3 then.  Will outperform your engine swap.

55 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Forced Induction is a direct replacement

Agreed on both points. Also could hear you stating that fact before I finished typing.

In context though, the statement referred to K.I.S.S. for the novice approach. If dropping in a complete pull-out engine, get the biggest you can. Also get the one with the most correct accessories as possible.

Getting a Chevy motor to bolt into a Chevy is a no brainier, and can be done for next to nothing on the scale of things. BUT If someone has to track down and replace the intake, accessories, pulleys, starter, oil pan, etc. Then it's not for the novice or cost effective, and will be destined to life as a lawn ornament.