Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

It's been snowing like mad for 24 hours, so this morning all my roads but one were unplowed on the way into work.  I turned the traction control off and drive sideways to work on every road but one.  It was a FUCKING BLAST!

29 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

It's been snowing like mad for 24 hours, so this morning all my roads but one were unplowed on the way into work.  I turned the traction control off and drive sideways to work on every road but one.  It was a pucking BLAST!

Awesome I did the same on a few roads, the whole car feels toasty when u get out lol

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

It's been snowing like mad for 24 hours, so this morning all my roads but one were unplowed on the way into work.  I turned the traction control off and drive sideways to work on every road but one.  It was a FUCKING BLAST!

I am supposed to be able to do that 2 days a week for 4 months.  Where I grew up it was ever day for 4 months.  Rwd ftmfw

I scare the fuck out of other parents.  We live about 500' from the school and my truck is noticeable and sideways all the time.  Screams a bit with the blower as well.

No, the Vortec heads are different and the Typhoon intake had an integrated intercooler.

The exhaust manifold was different?I know the heads and intake was not the same but the exhaust manifold for the typhoon looks identical to the one on my vortec.

You can't be the first one that wants something with a 4.3 to move out better.  If no one has done it and posted on forums perhaps you don't then either.  I just figured it should be the easiest 

We are fixing to get a monsoon here...It was 65 degrees today just earlier this week we got 3 inches of rain...Between tonight and tomorrow we are suppose to get around 4 more inches....Rivers in the mid state are all ready almost at flood stage..Could be a mess I did alot of work in Nashville in 2010 when the Cumberland river flooded...Re-done Gaylord Opryland Hotel first floor was mechanical rooms and they were completely sumerged..It was wild like a ghost town..I honestly dont think it rained as much then as they are saying this weekend..

4 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You can't be the first one that wants something with a 4.3 to move out better.  If no one has done it and posted on forums perhaps you don't then either.  I just figured it should be the easiest 

I will look and see what I can find on doing a turbo on it...Your right I am sure its been done probably alot..Most seem to go with a LS..The 4.3 gas mileage is do-do everyone seems to say 5.3's and up are better on gas idk..Hell mine cant have much less hp then the 5.7 vortec I belive there is only like 20 less hp between them stock not sure on that though but its what I read somewhere anyway.Its actually a good little motor cost me $190.00 from pick and pull of course I redone all gaskets before I installed it my girlfriend has probably put right around 30,000 miles on it..Never had the first issue..I wonder if it being stock could it handle some low boost without potentially damaging anything?

45 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

The exhaust manifold was different?I know the heads and intake was not the same but the exhaust manifold for the typhoon looks identical to the one on my vortec.

No idea about the exhaust pattern.  You asked about the intake and I know that changed in 96 when they changed to the Vortec heads.

2 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

No idea about the exhaust pattern.  You asked about the intake and I know that changed in 96 when they changed to the Vortec heads.

My bad I said manifold..I could have been clearer. I meant I seen the exhaust manifold online not intake manifold.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I scare the fuck out of other parents.  We live about 500' from the school and my truck is noticeable and sideways all the time.  Screams a bit with the blower as well.

Lol...Now all you need to do is be texting while driving like that..They would probably stroke out then...They just pasded some mean laws in TN for various violations in school zones ..Texting and driving is a $60 tiket anytime while driving in a school zone you go to jail..You cant even talk and drive here anymore unless it's hands free

I can text while I drive like that, just talk to my car lol.

1 minute ago, ///M5 said:

He he..:D

Your gonna go to the big house!!

2 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Hey I just cought that...Your car texts for you? You just say what you want to text right?

3 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Hey I just cought that...Your car texts for you? You just say what you want to text right?

Yep.  Reads new ones as well.  Android Auto works REALLY well.  Funny because Apple Car Play sucks donkey.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Yep.  Reads new ones as well.  Android Auto works REALLY well.  Funny because Apple Car Play sucks donkey.

Good to know.  I have never tried it assuming it was still a steaming pile.

Android is getting amazing.  At the moment I keep my location turned off and don't allow Google any privlages, but once I get this phone backed up, I'm going to start a new primary gmail and I'm going to become assimilated. 

15 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Good to know.  I have never tried it assuming it was still a steaming pile.

Android is getting amazing.  At the moment I keep my location turned off and don't allow Google any privlages, but once I get this phone backed up, I'm going to start a new primary gmail and I'm going to become assimilated. 

My phone SUCKS!! POS randomly text people in my contacts..Messages people over the Letgo app and says I am interested in random stuff usually stupid stuff one time it messaged somebody about a rusted out mongoose bike about 30 times within 1 minute I am sure they thought I was crazy as a crap house rat,also it messeged about a bed pan..lol 

I thought you were crazy as a crap house rat.

My phone has been bombproof.  Going on 4 years which is nuts.

I thought you were crazy as a crap house rat.

:D

My phone has been bombproof.  Going on 4 years which is nuts.

I droped a Motorola razor from the 16th story of a medical research building we was doing out at Vanderbilt "MRB4".It went straight down a chase to the 5th floor found the battery on like the 9th or 10th floor.. The back was a couple of floors down from the battery,and the phone it self was on the 5th floor."the bottom of the chase" I put the battery back in and belive it or not it worked as it always did,only damage was a scratch or two..

Well rained on and off a bit last night nothing major..Got a few hour break in a gap in it. About to start with the heavy stuff in maybe 30 min....Yall pray for me that I dont get washed away..lol there is lakes and a River is real real real close I may need a boat!! Lol