Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

So yeah, you don't want to.  Lol...pun intended.

Sean I think a 5.7 vortec around the year blazer I have would honestly be my best bet..Everything is plug and play all I would have to do is run 2 wires for the extra injectors and 2 for the ignition. Fuel lines,sensors everything plugs right up..I can even use my PCM I just have to get it flashed to the 5.7,I could get it tuned while at it....From the factory this 4.3 is suppose to put out around 195 hp the 5.7 is 255 hp so I could get a little increase and have the sound of the v8..The 4.3 in there sounds good and has a deep tone when at idle you can still tell its a v6 when you get into it a bit..I could get a 5.7 for probably about $250.00 and of course I would go through it a bit gaskets,rear main ect....What do you think? Worth it? Like I was saying I would like it to look as it came in it

Man it is still coming a flood! Been raining hard for over 24hrs now,suppose to clear off tomorrow afternoon.Flood warnings are starting to pop up across the mid south

What is worth it is doing nothing.  Trading up is a better value.

Mike you can get blood out of a rock if you spend enough, but starting with something closer to your goal will probably save you time, money, and mean you will actually have your project done instead of finding 10 sheets of ply and a pair of 18"s in your closet....

Wait are we talking Bout you or me Mike?

It's not like I have a full tuner and O2 sensor for an expedition I never got running properly or anything. Or some super woofers and a 13 pound surfboard to make my nuts rattle.  I even half finished that box.  Lawl.

;-)

I love me some Alex the French guy.  Engineering and food.

The home made ramen, wine, dry aging, and breed making have been incredibly helpful.  

Mmmhmmm

On 2/9/2018 at 12:43 PM, ///M5 said:

This is my third GM.  68 Impala, POS 02 Silverado, 10 Escalade.  I'd never have bought the Escalade if there was ANY alternative...but there wasn't.

My POS 02 Silverado is still going strong :) 243K

YES please!

I have no idea how I'm going to cut window pane bracing using only a handheld saw....

Even if I found a way to clamp them, I think my crapsman router is fuckered.....

Screw a board in for a "fence".  Then either a router or jigsaw will work.  Personally a fence and a jig saw is the fastest.  Can easily round it over with the router on either.

16 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Screw a board in for a "fence".  Then either a router or jigsaw will work.  Personally a fence and a jig saw is the fastest.  Can easily round it over with the router on either.

....think I can rig it to work with a sawzall??? 

Lol.

What I think I'll do is ask if someone has a jigsaw I could loan.  I won't buy a cheep one and daddy has no income ATM.

Gotta start selling other people's kidneys I think.

Or I'll keep cleaning and sell shit.

I just found my old Dainese leather........ From 2002.

And that mother fucker zipped up!!!!  Even with the armor plates still in.

:happydance:

I have to get to HD or MyNard's for some glue.

Must

Not

Look

At

Tools....

55 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I have no idea how I'm going to cut window pane bracing using only a handheld saw....

Even if I found a way to clamp them, I think my crapsman router is fuckered.....

Skill saw?  No problem.   

Indeed.  That works too.

I am timbuk 2 from u but have a jigsaw

Omg ya'll!! I just got the scariest phone call of my life! My fiancé loves driving this blazer she went to a family members house the next city over..she calls me saying the blazer is dead would not start.She wiggles the battery cable I guess it starts back..well 5 min later she calls back says she is on the highway and the blazer is accelerating by its self over 70mph and she said she dont know what to do she is crying and screaming and says she is going to wreck and she is having to ride the brakes!! My phone looses signal I am thinking the worst! Scared to death! Dont hear from her for 30 min tried to call back no awnser..finally she calls she made it to work..I am dumb founded over it doing this I ask her if she done anything under the hood..she swears just she just wiggled the battery cable thats it...I asked her was she pumping the gas when she tried to start it she cant be for sure she says..I know her I belive she through a fit and was stomping on the gas pedal real hard and hung sumthing up..She said she had to throw it in park and it was reved up real high when she turned it off...I am just wondering if she broke the throttle cable..I dont care about the car I am just glad she is ok..I guess im fixing to go check it out and see what the heck she has done..my nerves are shot!

25 minutes ago, dem beats said:

@mikel7829

I'm glad she is ok Mike.

That sounds like a GD nightmare

Yea bro scared the hell out of me.I went to her work and checked everything out sure enough throttle was hung a bit..I am pretty sure she was pumping real hard on the gas pedal in panic when it didn't start..The battery cable was corroded a bit at the terminal connection..I will just pick up some new cables at advance auto or autozone and I am going to put all new throttle and cruise control cables on it just for safe messures.

28 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Hey I am fixing to get me another good combo kit in the next few days.Have you seen anywhere thats having a good sale on one for around the $300 range?

Combo kit???

Will the battery powered unit even cut mdf?  

And yes of course it will with the right blade.  If the batteries are shot though good luck.