Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Just now, topgun said:

Unless your using the cordless tools for you job, no reason to drop crazy money on Hilti.

ONLY talking about cordless ATM.

Myself at least.

For stand alone tools I would rather buy industrial type stuff used.

Speaking of, can you tell us some more bedtime stories about those saw stop tables?

:swoon:

Or cut strips and piece them together with glue and a nail gun.   

It's the saw most others want to be when they grow up. 

6 minutes ago, topgun said:

Just mark and plungewith the skill saw, clean up the corners with the sawzall.  Be careful with kickback on plunging.   

I might try that.  I'm cutting in the basement so I might just work the sawzall slowly and deal if it's ugly.

It's all for internal bracing.  I don't think the woofers will mind some ugly woodwork on the inside of the cabinet will they.

:D

Edited by dem beats

For infrequent use I'd just buy a ryobi set and be done with it.   

What do cool kids hold their woofers into boxes with now?  I have some cabinet screws...

That's not cool any more right? I need some hurricane nuts to be legit in 2018 right?

55 pound moofer.

Skill saw and the clean up corners will be fairly fast.   A harbor freight jigsaw would also work fine too.

3 minutes ago, topgun said:

Or cut strips and piece them together with glue and a nail gun.   

That is my second option if this whole window thing makes me angry.

It makes me feel much better that you gents are giving me the options I was thinking of.  

I haven't put wood together in a loooooooong time.

Just use some regular ole screws, if they ever strip out then use something better

1 minute ago, topgun said:

Skill saw and the clean up corners will be fairly fast.   A harbor freight jigsaw would also work fine too.

I was flabbergasted. All the jigsaws were over a buck at the HD.  I didn't look too long but I was shocked.

I could always break out grandpa's hand saw and really hate my life.  I think I have a hand drill too if I'm feeling insane. 

If all else fails I got a gallon of tightbond.

1 minute ago, topgun said:

Titebond 1 or 3 glue and go to town.   

Is 2 not ok? I think that's what I got

Lmao

Hahaha

1 minute ago, dem beats said:

Is 2 not ok? I think that's what I got

Lmao

Hahaha

Titebond 2 will work great.   I just prefer 1 or 3.  

Lol

It's gonna work out.

Edited by dem beats

1 hour ago, topgun said:

Thats what I am screaming!:D

And you can get a free tape measure at harbor freight! With a coupon of course.:P

I actually have a heat gun from there.Drill Master or something another.It has done the jobs that I have needed it to.Think I got it for $6.99 with the coupon.lol

28 minutes ago, topgun said:

For infrequent use I'd just buy a ryobi set and be done with it.   

Yea this is just to keep in a vehicle. So if I am ever out somewhere like a family member needs sumthing done or something,maybe a door nob put on,door adjustment,furnace serviced,ect.

Its not like I will be installing a 50' Air Handler or Chiller with it,in a hospital.lol

Go test out the Ryobi's chuck and compare it to others.  I guarantee you won't buy it simply for that reason alone.

On 2/9/2018 at 5:26 PM, Tirefryr said:

It's been snowing like mad for 24 hours, so this morning all my roads but one were unplowed on the way into work.  I turned the traction control off and drive sideways to work on every road but one.  It was a FUCKING BLAST!

When it rains around here I call it Drift City and take a way to work with lots of turns. My friend called me a big kid and I'm like "yeah I am!" I still find it as funny today as when I was a teenager. 

Got a couple bucks to spend at Lowe's. Was thinking of a new drill...

40 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Go test out the Ryobi's chuck and compare it to others.  I guarantee you won't buy it simply for that reason alone.

Won't even hang a painting?

I don't even pick them up.  From 10 feet away the materials look so bad I think I'll break it.

1 hour ago, mikel7829 said:

Yea this is just to keep in a vehicle. So if I am ever out somewhere like a family member needs sumthing done or something,maybe a door nob put on,door adjustment,furnace serviced,ect.

Its not like I will be installing a 50' Air Handler or Chiller with it,in a hospital.lol

I would rather have a set of hand tools than a set of Ryobi in my vehicle.  

They cannot handle "field use" unless you see the drill/impact wrench as disposable.  They will physically break when you treat them hard and I cannot imagine them having enough grunt to do much of anything.

No lie, a SHARP hand saw will cut a plank faster then a cheep saw with their cheep blades.  Not that I know any one who has sharp hand tools other than my grandfather. Lol

Edited by dem beats

For drills I put a lot of faith I'm Makita, but my whole family does.  

I really don't trust cordless tools to be strong enough for anything other than impact/hammer/drill tools.  I have cut steel siding with a cordless, and it actually worked but we went through a lot of disks and the batteries were going down faster than they could charge.  The cordless was the second saw for the barn builsing job, so we didnt NEED it.  

When I worked with concrete guys they used nothing but Hilti, corded and then the super fuck off drills. 

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

I would rather have a set of hand tools than a set of Ryobi in my vehicle.  

They cannot handle "field use" unless you see the drill/impact wrench as disposable.  They will physically break when you treat them hard and I cannot imagine them having enough grunt to do much of anything.

No lie, a SHARP hand saw will cut a plank faster then a cheep saw with their cheep blades.  Not that I know any one who has sharp hand tools other than my grandfather. Lol

I think I will go with the Rigid like the one I linked a few post up..I ain't going to pay over $300.00 for something that will hardly be used.If it was something I was going to use every day I would not have a problem paying $700.00 or so for a combo kit. To me it would be like putting a snap-on tool box full of snap on tools in a vehicle for a emergency kit.lol

I kinda always suspected Ryobi to be do-do but never used one so didn't know for sure.

@mikel7829

Right on man, should be nice stuff. I'm  still not sure what tools you want in your combo pack, but as mentioned the middle of the pack is all pretty good when it comes to the drills.

Everything else is really case by case.

Edited by dem beats