Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I had a Ryobi combo set about 15 years ago. I broke the casing of the drill the first time I went to torque something down real heavily. The sawzaw would only make a cut or two before the battery died.  The little circular saw on the other hand did make very smooth cuts and was easy to use.

I bought them to remodel a whole kitchen.  Which included building all the cabinets from scratch and gutting the floor to redo the plumbing. I even cut the countertops with it. Damn did I have to be strategic to get things done on that project. 

Having a portable sawzaw was nice in emergencies. Was about the only time I used it afterwards. 

29 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

When doing log work we used Makita and Dewalt for almost everything. From the 16" saw to the mortise cutter to 12" planers. That 16" saw would separate the men from the boys real quick. lol

Related imageImage result for makita mortise machineImage result for makita 12 planer

A man can only get so erect....

25 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

I had a Ryobi combo set about 15 years ago. I broke the casing of the drill the first time I went to torque something down real heavily. The sawzaw would only make a cut or two before the battery died.  The little circular saw on the other hand did make very smooth cuts and was easy to use.

I bought them to remodel a whole kitchen.  Which included building all the cabinets from scratch and gutting the floor to redo the plumbing. I even cut the countertops with it. Damn did I have to be strategic to get things done on that project. 

"Sorry hon :opens beer: have to wait for the batteries.  I'm glad we saved the money on the tools too, more beer money."

I see what you did there.

Lol

23 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Whats the preferred biscuit joiners you fellows own or have used?

Festool 574447 XL DF 700

The wood connects itself basically.

However in reality land I don't know what to suggest, I've never used any other than the festool products. 

I would assume that the plate matters more than the motor, but I would still look for bigger amperage and really overbuild hinges to keep flawless consistent cuts.

Edited by dem beats

13 minutes ago, dem beats said:

"Sorry hon :opens beer: have to wait for the batteries.  I'm glad we saved the money on the tools too, more beer money."

I see what you did there.

Lol

Pretty close! :lol:

I was poor as fuck and I just dropped the down payment. I had to remodel before I moved in.  So it was buy a nice Skil saw and borrow tools from work everyday or that buy that set.  Clearly I chose poorly, but was a young bull still learning his way. -_-

6 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

< In garage ripping birch ply on Porter Cable table saw 

What happened to the skill saw???

Left her alone in the corner to cry now eh?

Edited by dem beats

16 minutes ago, dem beats said:

What happened to the skill saw???

Left her alone in the corner to cry now eh?

On large sheets i usually clamp a fence to the board and use the skil. 

These are just the baby 2'x4' sheets.  I do all my initial cuts a hair big, then do a second run to clean them up from there.  Much easier on the table saw. ;)

3 hours ago, dem beats said:

Aaron you are a beast.  WTG!

Thanks, but not last night.  Came out flat and just couldn't get going.  Didn't take a single shot.

I couldn't believe how much more I liked the worm drive than normal sidewinder saws.

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

Pretty close! :lol:

I was poor as fuck and I just dropped the down payment. I had to remodel before I moved in.  So it was buy a nice Skil saw and borrow tools from work everyday or that buy that set.  Clearly I chose poorly, but was a young bull still learning his way. -_-

How I did my first house as well

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

When doing log work we used Makita and Dewalt for almost everything. From the 16" saw to the mortise cutter to 12" planers. That 16" saw would separate the men from the boys real quick. lol

Related imageImage result for makita mortise machineImage result for makita 12 planer

No pic of my router?

God I'm finding so much treasure in my house!

I need to be under employed more often!!!

6 trips to the garage.

Tools are thawing... im super revved up.  I might even glue some shit tonight!  

Both the batteries on my cannon are nearly shit the bed. Hope I can get one to work long enough to start documenting this.  It's pretty funny when your 6cube box for ths 18" Q looks like a bookshelf speaker next to 16cubers for the 18" maelstroms.

This is so exciting.  No wife until Thursday, tools all out thawing on the sofa and coffee table.

Okay.  Squeezebox is for sale if someone wants it...you can basically have it.  Ultra stupid that Logitech didn't keep the tech up.  DTS Play-Fi has replaced it here.  That and streaming via Roku.  Just using the Play-Fi for all non-TV rooms in the house.  Ported to those as well.  

Testing it out with some Rodrigo y Gabriela.  The Martin Logan bar and sub are wickedly impressive compared to Sonus/Definitive/Sony/etc garbage.  Pretty sure the B&W would have been killer to, but I trust the ML to have better longevity on their electronics and it is more invisible.

I'm glad the sound bar worked!  Does it use some tech to tune it to the room is it just that solid of a speaker?

I didn't say it was that stellar...on axis experience is way more than adequate for television and background music.  My headphones, in ears, office speakers are for listening.  

So no tech.  It has a couple pre-defined settings though since the tech is reflection or not.  It doesn't do the over head and only simulates surround, but in general I don't give a shit as I almost only watch food television and sporting events with the occasional family movie night...for which the next one will be Cars 3.

5 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I didn't say it was that stellar...on axis experience is way more than adequate for television and background music.  My headphones, in ears, office speakers are for listening.  

Knowing your tastes, and what you paid, it's probably the best endorsement a speaker maker could hope for.

Well damn.  Not applicable to my oooooold drill but good stuff.

I love this guy BTW.  Replaced food network for my background TV.  Reminds me of my up nord family and my grandfather's speaking habits.  Hyper informative too.

Check these out @mikel7829

Edited by dem beats

Massive difference in quality.

Might be overbuilt but it's what I'm doing if I leave team blue.