Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Can't get a grinder and a french press for that price?

If that's the basement price on making coffee better than the gas station....

Lol

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Not a drill. An impact wrench that was weird.

Dewalt too but as you saw, the Makita batteries were better over lifespan.  I also believe I purchased my Makita before Sean got his Rigid and his batteries died first.

If they give him free batteries you should buy that.  If they don't.  Then......

I will for sure check on that before I purchase..But after watching that vid about the Makita makes me want to go with them but a decent Makita combo would be way over budget for what I was wanting to fork out..But like you said if they wont do the free battery replacement I may just pay the extra for the Makita..The Hilti would be nice but that is way unrealistic for me right now as far as budget..Maybe I will purchase one in my dreams tonight..:D

8 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I will for sure check on that before I purchase..But after watching that vid about the Makita makes me want to go with them but a decent Makita combo would be way over budget for what I was wanting to fork out..But like you said if they wont do the free battery replacement I may just pay the extra for the Makita..The Hilti would be nice but that is way unrealistic for me right now as far as budget..Maybe I will purchase one in my dreams tonight..:D

Edited by dem beats

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Star Wars, Transformers, Cheech and Chong, Super Troopers,  anything with Jason Statham, Predator, Cars 1, Wall E, Big Hero 6, etc. . .

Watched Big Hero last night with my buddy.

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

Can't get a grinder and a french press for that price?

If that's the basement price on making coffee better than the gas station....

Lol

No, that is the basement price on the best cup of drip you can get.  How many espresso's a day are you into?

I am not a french press fan.  I used to be, but espresso ruined that for me.

Doesn't mean it isn't a viable solution.

I use a mokapot when I am camping.  That is cheap.

5 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I am not a french press fan.  I used to be, but espresso ruined that for me.

Is that drip better than french press?

12 minutes ago, nem said:

Watched Big Hero last night with my buddy.

Did you cry, or are you soulless?

If I have kids, I am absolutely rapping every bedtime story.  I would have gone for Star Bellied Sneeches or some other Suess material, but I won't hate the tallent.

lolololol

8 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

No, that is the basement price on the best cup of drip you can get.  How many espresso's a day are you into?

Missed it.

~3 doubles for morning, ~3 for lunch, if I drink it at night I sip doubles one at a time.  Sometimes I add sugar and call it desert...... :D

Is that drip better than french press?

I would rather drink it.  Not as strong, but tastes great.

If I have kids, I am absolutely rapping every bedtime story.  I would have gone for Star Bellied Sneeches or some other Suess material, but I won't hate the tallent.

lolololol

We have that book.

Missed it.

~3 doubles for morning, ~3 for lunch, if I drink it at night I sip doubles one at a time.  Sometimes I add sugar and call it desert...... :D

Yikes.  6 doubles on my machine means 96grams of beans per day which is more than 1/5 of a lb.  At $20/lb you are $4 in raw beans alone per day.  The first thing you should do is start roasting.  365 days at that rate is 73lbs/year.  Let's downgrade that to 50.

50lbs of normal coffee = $1000

60lbs of Monkey Blend with shipping  = $320

Behmour roaster $350

60lbs green > 50lbs 

Roaster paid for in 8 months.

Doesn't solve your machine problem, but there it depends on how much you love your joe.

Best budget buy for espresso are used Rancilio Silvias.  Normally $400 from Ebay.

Then you need to allocate for a grinder.  I haven't shopped for budget ones, but $200 works.

...and the Sean rationalization is...by 24 months from now if you are roasting you paid for the roaster, the grinder, and the machine in the savings of roasting.

I have from 2-4 a day and 4 is a big day.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

We have that book.

Time to start practicing your bars hommie.

:D

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

6 doubles is a LOT btw.

Giving you my worst case.  I go many days without coffee. 

2-3 Large Latte with an extra shot was my normal day from Dunn Bros.  2-4 large cold press if all i can get is the 'bou droppings.  

That was 4-5 months ago.  Not that drugs scale up by weight or metabolism perfectly, maybe I will be more sensitive but 300mg is about the threshold for me to feel a kick in the dick when I need it.

Edited by dem beats

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I have from 2-4 a day and 4 is a big day.

$100 bucks says that when you make a double it's alot more.

3-6 pods of the dark roma nespresso with milk was my go to when I was living that pod life.

My adrenals may be burnt,  low doses of stimulants make me sleep.  It's almost like I have some kind of deficit when it comes to paying attention to things I don't find interesting....... :) 

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Yikes.  6 doubles on my machine means 96grams of beans per day which is more than 1/5 of a lb.  At $20/lb you are $4 in raw beans alone per day.  The first thing you should do is start roasting.  365 days at that rate is 73lbs/year.  Let's downgrade that to 50.

50lbs of normal coffee = $1000

60lbs of Monkey Blend with shipping  = $320

Behmour roaster $350

60lbs green > 50lbs 

Roaster paid for in 8 months.

Doesn't solve your machine problem, but there it depends on how much you love your joe.

When I'm working again I will probably be more into this.  I should have before, but grabbing coffee on the go was better for me after doing the math.  I was away from home minimum of 60 hours a week, and near the end not even in my same office.  Google the closest Dunn and just smash it.

You said double, I used the culinary (ie Italian) definition which is a double portafilter.  2 of my doubles and most people can feel their hair grow.

You wanted this for economic (along with quality) reasons so I am trying to get the right baseline

3 hours ago, dem beats said:

Missed it.

Wow! How much caffeine is that? You know they say you can overdose on caffeine?I don't know if I believe that but its what I read somewhere.

14 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You wanted this for economic (along with quality) reasons so I am trying to get the right baseline

Correct.

Need drugs.  Cheep, fast, and not disgusting.