Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

30 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

CAF is almost dead.  Kind of sad as it was one of the originals.

Yep...There used to be alot of traffic over there now its some times days or weeks before members post in certain sections where it used to be every few minutes.

I find this is the only forum that I've used that still have an active community.  And that's probably more due to the family feel and welcoming environment.

Plus having this thread for "shooting the shit" conversations. 

Definitely keeps me coming back.

6 minutes ago, nigel said:

I find this is the only forum that I've used that still have an active community.  And that's probably more due to the family feel and welcoming environment.

Plus having this thread for "shooting the shit" conversations. 

Definitely keeps me coming back.

Yes, the steady flow and the #SSAFamily (i've tagged it haha) keeps this forum going.  Keep in mind, SSA is the only place that has a real store (in NY), a real online store, a massive forum (17 years old now), an actual brand, a FB page, twitter, IG etc.  No one else has the all encompassing approach we do that I know of.

10 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Yes, the steady flow and the #SSAFamily (i've tagged it haha) keeps this forum going.  Keep in mind, SSA is the only place that has a real store (in NY), a real online store, a massive forum (17 years old now), an actual brand, a FB page, twitter, IG etc.  No one else has the all encompassing approach we do that I know of.

I don't know if your familar with some of our redneck terms here down south, but I am going to give you a "Atta Boy!" For the hard work done!:D

17 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

I don't know if your familar with some of our redneck terms here down south, but I am going to give you a "Atta Boy!" For the hard work done!:D

Thank you, I don't speak deep south fluently, mostly fighting to keep the NY/NJ/Philly out of my speech patterns and enunciation. :):)

10 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Thank you, I don't speak deep south fluently, mostly fighting to keep the NY/NJ/Philly out of my speech patterns and enunciation. :):)

He he:D..It is probably like a whole different language to ya'll down here..Most people up north probably think they left the country if they come to Tennessee..lol

We have phrases like...

Over yonder!

Caddywompus!

Fixin to!

Happier then a tornado in a trailer park!

42 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Thanks for the awesome home and sound equipment buddy!!! I am in love with my ICON's. :wub:

Crazy I have been here 9 years already. lol #SSAFamily

7 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

He he:D..It is probably like a whole different language to ya'll down here..Most people up north probably think they left the country if they come to Tennessee..lol

We have phrases like...

Over yonder!

Caddywompus!

Fixin to!

I have friend from Louisiana I can barely understand half the time. Have tattoo'ed quite a few also. 

3 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Thanks for the awesome home and sound equipment buddy!!! I am in love with my ICON's. :wub:

You joined a few months after I did on Sep 11th :o 9/11

Have you ever been to the Grand Ole' Opry Mikey? Is on my bucket list. Unfortunately grew up in a country western AF restaurant and bar so that shit is ingrained in me. lol

Just now, j-roadtatts said:

I have friend from Louisiana I can barely understand half the time. Have tattoo'ed quite a few also. 

Yea Louisiana is a whole lot different then here..Hell we can barley understand them so I can just imagine it would be hard for ya'll...Probably snow balls chance in hell ya'll would understand them the first or second time anyway..lol..

I can here the conversation now..

Huh? Huh? Huh?say what? Huh? Huh? Say what? Huh?

3 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

You joined a few months after I did on Sep 11th :o 9/11

Funny, a youtube video of some FI's brought me here. 

5 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

We have phrases like...

Over yonder!

Caddywompus!

Fixin to!

Nick Morgan @NDMstang65 occasionally speaks south west VA to me, and I miss a few words on random occasion.  Tennessee is a different language outside of Nashville (massive outside money flowing into Nashville, causing a construction boom).  I did work on the road for a couple of years.  Got a few "y'all ain't from 'round here are y'all?" when coming through the panhandle of Florida for example, or the Pennsylvania questions where they are worded as statements, but go up in pitch at the end, so it is very confusing as to if they are asking you something or telling you something.  With a mother that is a doctorate in English, I was trained to have very formal and proper speech patterns and pronunciation, but from time to time a little bit slips, especially when not 100% sober.  There is some Chicago, some Seattle, some Boston relatives on my mothers side, and I have not had enough contact with them to be effected.

11 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

You're #SSAFamily whether you like it or not, your work is on my right arm forever.  But yes, always happy to hear about the longevity of the Icon's.

1 minute ago, mikel7829 said:

Yea Louisiana is a whole lot different then here..Hell we can barley understand them so I can just imagine it would be hard for ya'll...Probably snow balls chance in hell ya'll would understand them the first or second time anyway..lol..

Dude, I deal if Latino's that hardly speech a lick of English and get the job done. Just keep smiling and all is well!

2 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Have you ever been to the Grand Ole' Opry Mikey? Is on my bucket list. Unfortunately grew up in a country western AF restaurant and bar so that shit is ingrained in me. lol

I redone the opryland Motel and Opry mills mall where Opryland Theme park used to be back in the 80's..When the Cumberland River flooded in 2010..Nashville has gotten so so big! Man traffic is Insane..According to sadistics they are 80+ people moving into Nashville a day!

4 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

I'm sure I sound that way to alot of people. Most ask me if I'm from Boston. (and tell me I look like mark walburg):lol: LMFAO

I have quite a few relatives in Texas and a few in Tennessee. I understand your language pretty well.:D

3 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

I redone the opryland Motel and Opry mills mall where Opryland Theme park used to be back in the 80's..When the Cumberland River flooded in 2010..Nashville has gotten so so big! Man traffic is Insane..According to sadistics they are 80+ people moving into Nashville a day!

VERY LARGE. I hitchhiked there in my youth. Took 2 days to walk across. Denver takes less than a day.

This mornings fun. I started over with new birch plywood for my .8 cu enclosures. As the last wood was leftover scraps that was deemed unfit. I'm much happier with this batch. Although the Lowes birch was shit, so far from perfect. Good enough for the girls I live with anyways! No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: table

All the biscuit joints plunged in!! Now time to bust out Mikey!s router and blast some holes!!  

11 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

This mornings fun. I started over with new birch plywood for my .8 cu enclosures. As the last wood was leftover scraps that was deemed unfit. I'm much happier with this batch. Although the Lowes birch was shit, so far from perfect. Good enough for the girls I live with anyways! No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: table

All the biscuit joints plunged in!! Now time to bust out Mikey!s router and blast some holes!!  

:D

:(

24 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

VERY LARGE. I hitchhiked there in my youth. Took 2 days to walk across. Denver takes less than a day.

I am usually in Nashville atleast 3 times a week.Next time I get a chance or think about it I will snap some pics of how it is now its a mess..Kinda of pretty at night but its a disaster for traffic and violent  crimes its getting real real bad.

53 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Beautiful.  What joiner did you use again? I like how you want for girth instead of length.  

Ladies appreciate it as much as @mikel7829.

Well guys looks like I am pulling a transmission..:( Not in a vehicle but a stupid washing machine..Awhile back I kept having problems with a fancy Maytag front loader got rid of them and whent back to a ancient type whirlpool I had in storage that was in mint condition I inherited from a family member it was old reliable! Looks like it came over on the ship with Christopher Culombus..agitated like it had a small block Chevy in it..Anyway POS crapped out on me just buzzes like hell when it suppose to agitate..Maybe the pump stuck idk..Anybody handy with appliances?