Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Holy shit balls.

Canvas stretched.... sort of..... It's going to need to be adjusted. 

Holy shit.  Don't buy pre primed.  But painters medium canvas if you want cotton.  Thought I would save time and have. Smoother texture.  

Nope.

NOPE!  

It was like stretching the drop cloth from a guiness book record setting bukake all day event.  Crunchy AF.

So many staples... and I still needed to gesso it a bit more and I wanted white not grey.  

Hopefully cutting these boards is easier.

9 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Well guys looks like I am pulling a transmission..:( Not in a vehicle but a stupid washing machine..Awhile back I kept having problems with a fancy Maytag front loader got rid of them and whent back to a ancient type whirlpool I had in storage that was in mint condition I inherited from a family member it was old reliable! Looks like it came over on the ship with Christopher Culombus..agitated like it had a small block Chevy in it..Anyway POS crapped out on me just buzzes like hell when it suppose to agitate..Maybe the pump stuck idk..Anybody handy with appliances?

I used to be. Dead art for the most part unless you can be without that applianc/tool for a good amount of time. 

Front loaders are better.  And if you spend a couple bucks will pay for the cost increase.  

Even if you don't care that much aboiut your clothes.  

1 hour ago, mikel7829 said:

Well guys looks like I am pulling a transmission..:( Not in a vehicle but a stupid washing machine..Awhile back I kept having problems with a fancy Maytag front loader got rid of them and whent back to a ancient type whirlpool I had in storage that was in mint condition I inherited from a family member it was old reliable! Looks like it came over on the ship with Christopher Culombus..agitated like it had a small block Chevy in it..Anyway POS crapped out on me just buzzes like hell when it suppose to agitate..Maybe the pump stuck idk..Anybody handy with appliances?

Are the washer controls digital or a manual knob?

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Beautiful.  What joiner did you use again? I like how you want for girth instead of length.  

Ladies appreciate it as much as @mikel7829.

Nothing special just a harbor freight one.  Plan on picking up a used porter cable or dewaly on eBay,  preferably the porter cable.

The W loves the girth, she calls him the soup can. :)

Just now, j-roadtatts said:

Nothing special just a harbor freight one.  Plan on picking up a used porter cable or dewaly on eBay,  preferably the porter cable.

The W loves the girth, she calls him the soup can. :)

LOL

I am using my PC for once to poast,  I like your quote.  

2 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I used to be. Dead art for the most part unless you can be without that applianc/tool for a good amount of time. 

Front loaders are better.  And if you spend a couple bucks will pay for the cost increase.  

As for the south, I definately understand the speech. If I am with my family from Georgia it's all "truuuue" "what kind of cokes y'all want from the store"

They know how the fuck to cook though.

Also dig some deep South muzak.

I need some general help boys.  If you want me to start a question based thread elsewhere, I will.

I have 3 longs sides glued tight.  That last sheet of MDF was a Bitch and not perfect.  I think I lost a few mm in warp.  I had it leaning like a dumb ass.  Oh well, loose a tonail and learn new cussing and move on.

What I need to know is if there is a problem with putting the Moofer on the longer planes of this box or if I should put it on the end.  I really want to mount these vertically, and it would be nice to watch the moofer do it's moofing.  Maybe I'll make a "wanging" vidjeo if that's is still cool.  Also, does it matter if the moofer is close to one side of the enclosure, or should I aim for dead center if possible.  

I need to know before I go crazy with the bracing.

Also, I have a weird idea I was toying with a while back. Does exterior bracing help much?  As in not a whole sheet, but maybe edge to edge panels glued to the walls on the outside and not inside.   The idiot in me says it should help as long as I make sure to focus on the most vulnerable parts.

Thanks so much gents, I really appreciate all the help yall give me.  This would be a nightmare without this site.

3 hours ago, dem beats said:

Front loaders are NOT better.  You've fallen for marketing. 

Top loaders clean better and have less load on all moving parts.  They simply last longer.  Ask any appliance repair technician.  The ONLY thing the front loaders are better at is being quiet.

As for the issue you are having, it sounds like the contacts on the control knob timer are sticking.   Push it in, turn it, and pull it out a few times, and/or physically bump it through to the next sequence.  This is a very common issue on these machines when they reach 15-20 years old, which by the way and front loader will never reach without needing major repair.  Also, if you have no movement on the agitator, check the clutch legs and gear. These are either right on top or under the agitator and they've been made with plastic since the 70s.  Nearly all are the same, but some do vary. 

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Guarantee it's a manual knob and you are on the right track.  Obviously you've experienced this before.

13 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I need some general help boys.  If you want me to start a question based thread elsewhere, I will.

I have 3 longs sides glued tight.  That last sheet of MDF was a Bitch and not perfect.  I think I lost a few mm in warp.  I had it leaning like a dumb ass.  Oh well, loose a tonail and learn new cussing and move on.

What I need to know is if there is a problem with putting the Moofer on the longer planes of this box or if I should put it on the end.  I really want to mount these vertically, and it would be nice to watch the moofer do it's moofing.  Maybe I'll make a "wanging" vidjeo if that's is still cool.  Also, does it matter if the moofer is close to one side of the enclosure, or should I aim for dead center if possible.  

I need to know before I go crazy with the bracing.

Also, I have a weird idea I was toying with a while back. Does exterior bracing help much?  As in not a whole sheet, but maybe edge to edge panels glued to the walls on the outside and not inside.   The idiot in me says it should help as long as I make sure to focus on the most vulnerable parts.

Thanks so much gents, I really appreciate all the help yall give me.  This would be a nightmare without this site.

Placement can be anywhere as long as cancellation will not come into effect.  Having a variable phase switch usually alleviates this problem, but not always.

As for the bracing, you can most definitely do it on the outside.  You don't even have to do full sheets.  You just see everyone do it internally as it's generally preferred aesthetically.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

As for the south, I definately understand the speech. If I am with my family from Georgia it's all "truuuue" "what kind of cokes y'all want from the store"

They know how the fuck to cook though.

Also dig some deep South muzak.

It's funny that southerners can cook because eating out in the south is fucking terrible.  Nearly inedible horseshit terrible.

29 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Front loaders are NOT better. 

They are better at getting dirt and grime out.  They are also more gentle on your clothes.  Amazing how much the agitator doesn't agitate what you need and agitates what you don't need.  Much more even in a front loader.  Of course kiss this all out the window if you over load it which everyone does.

Or if you put in too much soap.  Half of what the Tide thing says is better than a full amount.

And Matt, just put the woofer so it isn't centered anywhere and you are golden.  

One other thing front loaders are better at.  Breaking.

12 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

One other thing front loaders are better at.  Breaking.

Unfortunately they can't build them as beefy as commercial machines.

Yes, we learned that the hard and easy way.  Went through a ton of top and front loaders that weren't commercial all while the commercial one kept on going.  Commercial front loader we had would take 50 pairs of jeans.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

They are better at getting dirt and grime out.  They are also more gentle on your clothes.  Amazing how much the agitator doesn't agitate what you need and agitates what you don't need.  Much more even in a front loader.  Of course kiss this all out the window if you over load it which everyone does.

Better put, too much Woodford.   I can wash my fine dress shirts at home and habe them last much longer. The top loaders I had would wear them faster.  

Less wear on the clothes is extremely important to me.  The ability to launder my own shirts saves me so much

From 1926 until I was 27 it is what my family did for a living.  I am mean with an iron lol

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Analog..Lol this is a whirlpool style master..I say late 90's

26 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Better put, too much Woodford.   I can wash my fine dress shirts at home and habe them last much longer. The top loaders I had would wear them faster.  

Less wear on the clothes is extremely important to me.  The ability to launder my own shirts saves me so much

I use nothing but a top loading machine.  I have never worn out any clothes through laundering.    Something in your process is wrong.

I have dealt with this my entire life, and ironically most of all in the laundry business.  The machine is stupid.  It only does what you tell it to do.   Most often (the damn human condition)we are quick to blame the machine when it's most likely operator error.

Washing wears out your clothes faster than wearing them. WAY faster.

I used to dryclean my clothes for this reason.  The literally lasted 10x as long.  Black jeans even stay black, it's crazy how much wear happens as the fabric cells soak up the water and release it.

And yes of course the dryer is uber hard on them as well, but if there was no water that wouldn't be the case either.

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Front loaders are NOT better.  You've fallen for marketing. 

Top loaders clean better and have less load on all moving parts.  They simply last longer.  Ask any appliance repair technician.  The ONLY thing the front loaders are better at is being quiet.

As for the issue you are having, it sounds like the contacts on the control knob timer are sticking.   Push it in, turn it, and pull it out a few times, and/or physically bump it through to the next sequence.  This is a very common issue on these machines when they reach 15-20 years old, which by the way and front loader will never reach without needing major repair.  Also, if you have no movement on the agitator, check the clutch legs and gear. These are either right on top or under the agitator and they've been made with plastic since the 70s.  Nearly all are the same, but some do vary. 

This did happen once before and I did do the nob just kinda like you was saying..It started working I just thought it was coincidental ..I figured it just on its way out..I tried and tried that this time POS still just hums sometimes it gets real load and I guess it goes into thermal overload and will not do jack for a bit...then it will fill up,but just hum when suppose to be agitating...I can turn it to rinse and spin cycle and it works fine..Can I just clean the contacts?I was thinking the pump connects to the motor and a little shaft I took the pump off and the motor spent freely both directons..If when its agitating switches the polarity to the motor back and forth correct? Could something be jammed in the pump not letting the motor turn in that one dirrection?.I guess I can just take the pump off of the motor after it fills up with the hoses still connected and see if it agitates then this should rule the pump out right? And is there a way to clean the contactors in the controls with out taking the timer plum apart?

Wash something that is on the hairy edge of being thread bare in both a top loader  with an agitator and a front loader and you won't want to use the top loader ever again.