Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Is anything broadcast in 4k yet?

There are some selections on Netflix..I belive  antennas are even fixing to be 4k or already are.

I like this little tv actually..I am fixing to get a bigger one for the living area maybe 65" or so LG tv's actually impressed me I usually stay with Samsung I know all manufactures have certain good equipment then othes can be garbage."like the Samsung Bluray player I own" I believe this experience with the Samsung Bluray has kind of made me think twice about purchasing anthing else from them..I may just go with another LG the picture on this one is magnificent..Kinda wondered about on of those big ole Vizo or whatever their called they seem kinda of decent for the price,but I am very familar with the "buyer beware term" you get what you pay for at the same time.

39 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

I like this little tv actually..I am fixing to get a bigger one for the living area maybe 65" or so LG tv's actually impressed me I usually stay with Samsung I know all manufactures have certain good equipment then othes can be garbage."like the Samsung Bluray player I own" I believe this experience with the Samsung Bluray has kind of made me think twice about purchasing anthing else from them..I may just go with another LG the picture on this one is magnificent..Kinda wondered about on of those big ole Vizo or whatever their called they seem kinda of decent for the price,but I am very familar with the "buyer beware term" you get what you pay for at the same time.

Technology trickles down. Any brands low end model is going to be just that... yesterdays tech.

23 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Technology trickles down. Any brands low end model is going to be just that... yesterdays tech.

That Bluray was suppose to be the top of the line at the time of purchase..It's the BD-J6300za I guess I just got the bad apple of the bunch.My luck..POS I think was $149.00

21 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

That Bluray was suppose to be the top of the line at the time of purchase..It's the BD-J6300za I guess I just got the bad apple of the bunch.My luck..POS I think was $149.00

With 6 models above it and only 2 below it I would hardly call that top-of-the-line.

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/blu-ray-dvd-players/s/_/n-10+11+hv1ui+zq20b/

9 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

With 6 models above it and only 2 below it I would hardly call that top-of-the-line.

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/blu-ray-dvd-players/s/_/n-10+11+hv1ui+zq20b/

At the time I purchased "almost a year ago".I dont believe all of those was out yet.I am pretty sure that was the best model Electronic Express had anyway.

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

It's hard to get motivated sometimes,  especially in the winter. Once I start though, the feeling of excitement takes over and I can't put down the tools. lol

In my defense, and it's a weak one, I spent years getting the parts, woofers first, 15 sheets of MDF isn't cheep and I had to get it home, amp was a random chance of a buy buy that took up some money.

I don't even think I have speaker wires with thick enough of a gauge to go from amp to sub. 

I did find like 30 feet of 00 welding ca...Extremely expensive ultra copper invisible unobtabium tinned military grade cryo treated acoustically tuned NASA created power wire.  

Lol

The best blue ray player is a 4k PlayStation.  Maybe Xbox has caught up honestly.  I am just integrated at this point. 

2 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

At the time I purchased "almost a year ago".I dont believe all of those was out yet.I am pretty sure that was the best model Electronic Express had anyway.

That is Moore's law for you. Lol

7 minutes ago, dem beats said:

In my defense, and it's a weak one, I spent years getting the parts, woofers first, 15 sheets of MDF isn't cheep and I had to get it home, amp was a random chance of a buy buy that took up some money.

I don't even think I have speaker wires with thick enough of a gauge to go from amp to sub. 

I did find like 30 feet of 00 welding ca...Extremely expensive ultra copper invisible unobtabium tinned military grade cryo treated acoustically tuned NASA created power wire.  

Lol

If the desire is still there you are all good mang!! Who cares how long it takes, as long as it scratches the itch when needed. :D

2 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

There are some selections on Netflix..I belive  antennas are even fixing to be 4k or already are.

Antennas are not.  I use one for local tv.  My only >1080 TV is my office monitor which is 3k though.

15 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Antennas are not.  I use one for local tv.  My only >1080 TV is my office monitor which is 3k though.

I have a Winegard that does 1080 I use for local was $99.99 at my local Electronic Express they had a Mohu for $149 that they claim will brodcast 4k..Slowly but surely they are suppose to be brodcasting 4k over the air and not just streaming and such...

Here's a good article about over the air 4k brodcasting from 2016.

http://www.gomohu.com/blog/cutting-the-cord/ces-2016-4k-over-the-air-tv-dvr/

I get like 41 channels from the Winegaurd "most times" and I am like 70 miles south of Nashville.

47 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

If the desire is still there you are all good mang!! Who cares how long it takes, as long as it scratches the itch when needed. :D

It's all just me struggling with getting prematurely old.  :)

The difference in what I could handle back in the day yo now is so vast I find it frustrating at the speed things fall through the cracks and I forget to do the things for myself. 

Only 4k Sean knows about is Columbian and worth more than most sports cars.

He will catch up.

:D

Relearning low back squats is so brutal.  Every pound I loose changes my center so much, and mid press I want to lift my head so bad from doing high backs for way too long while I was super fatty fat fat.

Humbling. 

52 minutes ago, dem beats said:

It's all just me struggling with getting prematurely old.  :)

The difference in what I could handle back in the day yo now is so vast I find it frustrating at the speed things fall through the cracks and I forget to do the things for myself. 

Hopefully with that maturing you gain the foresight to put energy where most effective. Lord knows how many projects I have started and never finished. I'm starting to realize how much time lost that is. Although admittedly I do most projects to sooth my own soul, so the main goal has always been accomplished.

yes, sucks to get hyper-focused on life and forget self. I'm learning from looking back how little most of that stuff mattered. Has been enlightening to say the least, and allows me to breathe easier now-a-dayz. :)

I grew up thinking self care was something closer to the opposite of a virtue.

Maintenance and health I understood about.  Just nothing more than keeping the vessel humming and performing.

I've been sort of sore and slow all week.  Went to the minute clinic and BAM strep throat.

2 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I've been sort of sore and slow all week.  Went to the minute clinic and BAM strep throat.

Junk is going around..Just found out my little niece has the flu..It's not the worse type I belive it is type B they said her temp was 103.something.

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

I welcome our new robot overlords.

Sound like they have some rubber boots on. Pretty cool tho

46 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Take care of it to Sean don't let it get out of control...It's not the year for sicknesses 

Fuck that, I am going snowmobiling tomorrow.  Priorities.

Doctor was shocked.  Normal appetite, no other side effects besides sleeping 2x what I normally do, but my throat was HUGE and RED.

I feel pretty good really.  Just sore a bit.  Will slow me down more than the other guys perhaps.  Might not have to wait for them as much this trip.