Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

7 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

1900mi on so far this year now.

#Relationshipgoals

I hop I can ride the motorcycle this year.

14 hours ago, topgun said:

Anyone need some speakers?  Heres the list from PE, still in the boxes.  Bought November 2011, never used, won't get to it anytime soon either.  50$? gets it to your door?  Make me an offer I can't refuse.  

8 8 0 299-030 AURA NS6-255-8A 6" PAPER CONE NEODYMIUM MAGNET WOOFER 6.86 54.88
3 3 0 264-1028 VIFA BC25SC06-04 1" TEXTILE DOME TWEETER 11.95 35.85

I'm interested if you don't have a buyer lined up already.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

1900mi on so far this year now.

No way.   All I ever see you type is how you haven't been able to ride.

I haven't.  2 700mi trips helped that a ton though.

Only 300mi or so locally. :(

2 3 day trips, a 1 day trip, and 2 days locally.  Will be in Brainerd tomorrow and should be able to log some good miles.

NOT ENOUGH.  I am supposed to be able to ride to lunch nearly every day for a couple months.

Better move further north.   

If it weren't for my kids I probably would.  Can't leave our school district.  Private education for free is hard to pass up.

I

Bummer is we have had great snow this year but the timing sucked so it melted right after

Hey sean is there a additive to put in a ATV that would fix compression issues without having to put new rings in and bore it out?

So I didn't get a chance to get out, and Atlanta was not that great.

So I recently ordered about $500.00 worth of new sheet metal tools and a couple of refrigeration tools..Something I do not understand is,it is coming by FedEx and it departed from Ohio went through Tennessee down to the bottom of Georgia literarily went right by my house in the transit to Georgia sit there for a day now its in the middle of Georgia just sitting there about 4 hours from me..Mike you should have picked my pakage up for me and dropped it off..LoL..Did you drive or fly to atlanta?

On 2/28/2018 at 9:19 AM, ///M5 said:

Glad to see you log back on :)  

The damnit was you have tons of potential, but if you kick yourself in the nuts you won't realize it.  I want better for you.  Not saying the bitch wasn't a dumb cunt, but reserving comments in the anguish of nonsense is usually better.

I really appreciate that Sean. Means a great deal coming from you.

I'm working on better for myself. A big part of that is taking this 'semester' just for school and photography. No work, just creating. I'm fortunate enough that I can afford to do that now. It's tight, but I can do it. Downfall is, I've put on 20 lbs and gotta lose it now LOL

J

*edit* double post. I have also recently re-discovered a true love for music of the late 80's - early 2000's.

J

Oh, and I wheeled and dealed really well the other day, at least in my opinion.

Picked up an 8 string Jackson guitar and a MIM Fender Jazz Bass in red wine. Paid 275 plus tax for them (tagged at 500 for the pair) at a local pawn shop for a photo series I am working on (and I love the Jazz bass). Went to a local large guitar store and traded them in. Picked up a Fretless Fender Jazz Bass (used and marked 299.99), digital tuner,  and 200 in store credit for em. So I either paid 75 bucks for a MIM Fretless Fender Jazz Bass or was paid 200 to take it. All depends on how you see it LOL

J

Hi Jordan.

On 3/7/2018 at 9:18 PM, mikel7829 said:

Hey sean is there a additive to put in a ATV that would fix compression issues without having to put new rings in and bore it out?

Yes.  New pistons that include rings.  Not a hard job.

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Oh, and I wheeled and dealed really well the other day, at least in my opinion.

Picked up an 8 string Jackson guitar and a MIM Fender Jazz Bass in red wine. Paid 275 plus tax for them (tagged at 500 for the pair) at a local pawn shop for a photo series I am working on (and I love the Jazz bass). Went to a local large guitar store and traded them in. Picked up a Fretless Fender Jazz Bass (used and marked 299.99), digital tuner,  and 200 in store credit for em. So I either paid 75 bucks for a MIM Fretless Fender Jazz Bass or was paid 200 to take it. All depends on how you see it LOL

J

:woot:

Nearly 280mi yesterday.  My body is SORE

Haven't posted here in a while, been a little busy :rolleyes:

I have a little project, no idea how well it'll work but it appears in the literature that carbon nanotubes dispersed in polymer with film thicknesses ~1mm do a really good job of absorbing radiation in the Ka band. From some light research I think the main material in vehicles that reflects in the Ka band is metal, hence LEO aiming radar at license plates. Now I don't really care about avoiding tickets in my car, but on a bike... So from what I can gather radar guns operating in Ka (not laser) likely pickup signal from reflection off engine, chassis, or plate, and Ka isn't reflected back from plastic or leather (as long as there isn't metallic paint). So my idea is to make a film of this stuff, make a big section eg: 2ftx2ft, tape it over the whole front fairing then test with a used radar gun off Ebay. If it works then figure out reasonable amount of film coverage needed to still get decent results (coating over front fairing, plastic radiator guard, chassis, rear fenderwell, plate).

Again I don't expect this to be a get out of jail card as there's still laser, using radar on vehicle next to you and visually seeing you pass said vehicle, and so forth, but from what I read in rural areas most LEO use radar over laser as it's simpler to use (easy reading and radar is already connected to their computer so filling out ticket is less work) vs laser being more accurate (won't pickup vehicle speed next to you, works on almost any material) and used on densely populated freeways.

Any thoughts? If anyone wants the literature papers to peruse I can email them to you.

Edited by ssh

You can tune nanotubes to a variety of frequencies.  If you want them to absorb a passband that is Ka friendly that is a cool idea.  I've done a crap ton of measurements on nanotubes...but mostly in the development stage and not so often in application which is sad.

Are there not formulas that characterize the absorbance?  At the same time, is there not a specification on the gun that describes the intensity of the return?  I personally would go through the theoretical calculations before the experimental.  Nothing wrong with the experimental...but it is costly and time consuming and usually a better verification/improvement on the theory.  Also possible that companies are hush on the devices, but I somehow doubt that.