Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

8 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You can tune nanotubes to a variety of frequencies.  If you want them to absorb a passband that is Ka friendly that is a cool idea.  I've done a crap ton of measurements on nanotubes...but mostly in the development stage and not so often in application which is sad.

Are there not formulas that characterize the absorbance?  At the same time, is there not a specification on the gun that describes the intensity of the return?  I personally would go through the theoretical calculations before the experimental.  Nothing wrong with the experimental...but it is costly and time consuming and usually a better verification/improvement on the theory.  Also possible that companies are hush on the devices, but I somehow doubt that.

I've found quite a few papers where the exact purpose was absorbing in the Ka region so I figure they've already tested and optimized to some extent, all seem to be MWCNTs ranging from 10-40nm average outer diameter, lengths up to 100micron, in polymer between 1 and 10 wt%. I'm still going through more papers to find out best case then compare pricing on the tube types. Also need to check if functionalized CNTs (addition of carboxyl, hydroxyl groups) would behave the same as their counterparts as they'll be much easier to get homogeneous in a polymer. I'm curious if a solid film layer over the front of the bike works then how well partial coverage will work (think: solid 2ftx2ft layer vs same area but 4" strip of layer, 4" no layer, 4" strip, etc. beam spread is pretty wide, 80ft width from 400ft away for Ka). Depending on what weight % I end up with the film will likely be tinted rather than clear, or perhaps might have two versions: lower loading and higher loading, then use the higher loading stuff on chassis, fender, etc, and lower loading over plastic panels, windshield.

As far as radar gun returning an intensity value, not sure, haven't looked too much into them other than "Can I buy them pretty cheap on Ebay?"

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  New pistons that include rings.  Not a hard job.

If it was mine I would somebody was asking me..I wasn't sure I know they are some stuff to build compression back up..They just dont want to do the work

6 minutes ago, ssh said:

As far as radar gun returning an intensity value, not sure, haven't looked too much into them other than "Can I buy them pretty cheap on Ebay?"

Hows it going? Long time no see on here..

9 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Hi Jordan.

Hey there Aaron!!

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

:woot:

Woot is right!!! She fingers like a dream.

J

45 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Hows it going? Long time no see on here..

Been well, a lot has happened, little older, maybe little wiser, maybe not. :)

3 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

If it was mine I would somebody was asking me..I wasn't sure I know they are some stuff to build compression back up..They just dont want to do the work

Many can be done in vehicle.  Takes me less than an hour to pull the motor from my carbureted sled.

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Hey there Aaron!!

Woot is right!!! She fingers like a dream.

J

I've been playing my bass 5x as much as my guitar the past month.  Need MORE TIME.

Watching the same game right now that all the Pro recruiters are.

Semifinals.  Current hometown.

4 hours ago, ssh said:

Been well, a lot has happened, little older, maybe little wiser, maybe not. :)

I know the feeling..:D

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Many can be done in vehicle.  Takes me less than an hour to pull the motor from my carbureted sled.

This is what I told them but they dont want to..it is very rarely used just for deer hunting once in a while...it still runs just lacks power and smokes they said..They just want to take the easy way out..You have any ideas besides new rings?

Clean carbs, test compression, do all the maintenance that hasn't been done.  Tons of things make motors smoke.  Usually easy to fix.  I thought you knew it needed pistons.  If so there is NO bandaid.  If the carbs are just fucked from ethanol or crappy gas you can try some mechanic in a bottle, but I'd want to know the condition of the motor period.

Speaking of carbs.

I won't be eating much of those.  My friend is taking me on a cruise.  

Open bar I guess.

So I have to start my beach body diet now.

:defrosts puff pastry to bake another brie:

Been an exciting game so far.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Speaking of carbs.

I won't be eating much of those.  My friend is taking me on a cruise.  

Open bar I guess.

So I have to start my beach body diet now.

:defrosts puff pastry to bake another brie:

Somebody told me today to quit eating carbs and drinking sodas..I told them why didn't they stop breathing..:D..I bought a iced honey bun at a store the owner told me if I didn't quit eating that crap he was going to have to knock some blocks out so I could get through the door.:(

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I've been playing my bass 5x as much as my guitar the past month.  Need MORE TIME.

Still got the same cell? I'll send ya a few bs pictures of it.

Also, when did you get a bass and what did ya pickup? I remember the Jackson hunt.

J

I'm also stuck in debate.

For the first time since I moved here I'm getting the itch to move. Where to, I don't know. I'm just starting to think I can find more for my future in photography. 

J

8 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Still got the same cell? I'll send ya a few bs pictures of it.

Also, when did you get a bass and what did ya pickup? I remember the Jackson hunt.

J

I've had an old Ibanez bass for nearly 20 years.  Quality isn't good enough to claim I own it...but after some tinkering I have it setup so the action is good and it is super playable.  Add some good pickups and it would be an over performer, but still lackluster.

I picked up a Taylor 814ce and a Takamine for the boys.  Probably going to shop for a Les Paul or the like here fairly soon as I'd like a locked tremelo.  Wish I would have bought my Jackson that way actually.

And yes, my cell won't ever change hopefully.

43 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

And yes, my cell won't ever change hopefully.

It was so horrible.  Same number since I was 14.  I just signed like I was an adult.  Because I had a check card.  And was tall and worked.

Anyone live around little rock, ar?

So, the magnetic shocks on the C6 are FUCKING AMAZING!