Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I work with those crazies every day.

It is crazy..But at the same time very plausible.. You take the technology 100 years ago..Lets say.. May 14th,1918 and ask them if they would think we would have AI robots we could interview on a talk show in a 100 years.Or even something to watch it on..None of this seems surprising to us..But just think of 100 years from now..Let's say May 14th, 2118..No telling what technology will bring us.

3 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

It is crazy..But at the same time very plausible.. You take the technology 100 years ago..Lets say.. May 14th,1918 and ask them if they would think we would have AI robots we could interview on a talk show in a 100 years.Or even something to watch it on..None of this seems surprising to us..But just think of 100 years from now..Let's say May 14th, 2118..No telling what technology will bring us.

The jump in tech isnt the same.  We have next to no giant breakthroughs at the consumer level for ~70 years.  Just the same things getting better.

Cell service and some types of medicine aside. I am fairly certain that the only new infrastructure/tech-system that has really hit us home communication because almost every other technology you have is just refinement of some existing tech, or system.  The internet didn't change telecom much, smart phones changed everything.  

Smart phones were just miniaturization of already established tech.   Need an evolution here.

I've worked on tons of classifieds projects run by crazies though and none of them are close to tickling material reconstruction in that domain.  First we need to master 3D printing of materials that aren't just plastic and metal.  Will be tons of medical leaps in tech before a teleportation tech can exist.  Fundamentally to move matter you have to take it apart and put it together again.  Means you could take apart your cells and rebuild them without cancer for instance.

Just now, ///M5 said:

Smart phones were just miniaturization of already established tech.   Need an evolution here.

If science is art, the medium didn't change but the tool for working with the medium changed so dramatically that while the format and medium are the same the paradigm is changed and it's almost hard to tell it's the same school of art.

That make sense?  And it's why I didn't count it or medicine.  Because technically medicine hasn't moved on much since we let go of the humors thing and really believed in bacteria. 

1 minute ago, ///M5 said:

I've worked on tons of classifieds projects run by crazies though and none of them are close to tickling material reconstruction in that domain.  First we need to master 3D printing of materials that aren't just plastic and metal.  Will be tons of medical leaps in tech before a teleportation tech can exist.  Fundamentally to move matter you have to take it apart and put it together again.  Means you could take apart your cells and rebuild them without cancer for instance.

You got it.

3d printing and then your genius get those robot arms up to 100% and Boston finally gives me those working bipedal legs.

A team in the British isles printed the first medication a couple years back.  That's some impressive shot.  But still.  Like sean said, evolution of the same lego blocks.  Just micro not macro or standard. 

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

They are doing 3D printing on some medical.Certain meds and such antibiotics and so on..Already fears of this back firing..I really believe they have came closer than what we know they have.Will it happen? Who knows,probably not in our life time. But they are things that have been questionable by us for years and years that have had the awnser given to us..But we miss things,like for example you take the question about extraterrestrial life out there..They believe the octopus I'd the awnser to that..By trapped in ice that entered our solar system from light years away..It's DNA characteristics is like nothing else on earth. We have no way of knowing really time will tell.

21 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

They are doing 3D printing on some medical.Certain meds and such antibiotics and so on..Already fears of this back firing..I really believe they have came closer than what we know they have.Will it happen? Who knows,probably not in our life time. But they are things that have been questionable by us for years and years that have had the awnser given to us..But we miss things,like for example you take the question about extraterrestrial life out there..They believe the octopus I'd the awnser to that..By trapped in ice that entered our solar system from light years away..It's DNA characteristics is like nothing else on earth. We have no way of knowing really time will tell.

You need to switch to a strain that makes you less paranoid  bro.

Goosefraba

We'de like you to make a little smile to show you can.
Oh good heavens, that's just horrible.
For the rest of the day will you just not do that.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

You need to switch to a strain that makes you less paranoid  bro.

Goosefraba

Lol

All of the DNA mapping AFM's on the market have had some of my engineering work done on them...

Sean is an alien keeping us from the truth!

You know, the more one thinks about that...

12 hours ago, ///M5 said:

All of the DNA mapping AFM's on the market have had some of my engineering work done on them...

For the ones that is looking at the mutations of split cells? Thats cool because if they could figure out why DNA is not copied correctly on them they might could reverse cancerous cells couldn't they?

I don't work with the results, but the equipment that enables them.  Amusingly all done with vibration ;)

14 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I don't work with the results, but the equipment that enables them.  Amusingly all done with vibration ;)

Is it true that some of it is mapped using basic optical?

What do you mean by "basic optical"?

10 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

What do you mean by "basic optical"?

Optical laser type,like the same technology in a DVD player.

Ok, that makes more sense.  Not at all like a DVD player, but yes a laser.  Doppler vibrometer is required for the necessary resolution.  As for "basic" that portion is >$40k.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Amusingly I do it all with vibrations too.

Good vibrations. 

Where the ladies at?

Speaking of vibrators, my buddy who used them at Johnson moved 9ver to some part of thermal king I think.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Ok, that makes more sense.  Not at all like a DVD player, but yes a laser.  Doppler vibrometer is required for the necessary resolution.  As for "basic" that portion is >$40k.

So it kinda reads images of abstracted data and so on,or frequencies?

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I find it very interesting.I don't know a lot about it,but it seems very complex and thats what hooks me.

Shhhh...Days back to starting at 3am for me..I'm sleepy..

18 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

So it kinda reads images of abstracted data and so on,or frequencies?

No, fundamentally the afm arm is the same but improved resolution over teh beam bounce.