Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

And I might need my head checked.  Bought another set of Seas speakers this morning. :slayer:

3 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

The other set I have built are .8 cuft, and modeled after the Re-discovery's.Image may contain: screen and indoor

Seksi

44 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

And I might need my head checked.  Bought another set of Seas speakers this morning. :slayer:

Wait, which ones?

MK - what was the el cheapo active HU you recommended.  Just realized my boat has no tunes.  :doh:

10 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Wait, which ones?

CA18RNX’s.

I am still in the honeymoon period with your set in the car, but love the way rock ‘n’ roll sounds on them.  

The next enclosures I plan on building are going to be in the 1.3 to 1.5 cuft. range. After checking out Troels G’s and Zaph’s 2.5 TMM setups I said let’s do this!  I imagine should be about the easiest woofer to tame for a beginner in that alignment.

Oh fun with speaka’s!!

The Seas “L”  is the only driver I don’t have it in the prestige lineup. Still need a second RLY also. 

Ah, the L's.  Midbass machines, but a bit more aggressive than the CA's.

So far I find the CA’s to be less aggressive in the midrange compared to the U’s. Not necessarily dull or smudged so much, although they are smoother. More of a time domain thing perhaps, like a more rapid decay.

Otherwise they blend better with the sub stage. Like I said, still on the honeymoon. So will report back more.

The ER’s had a very pleasant and detailed sound, on the test bench full range open air. To my ears at least. Haven’t tried them in an enclosure yet. 

Perhaps a good analogy of the L’s would be the detail of the ERs with the mid bass of the CA’s? With the trade off being the tweeter will need to be crossed lower, losing sensitivity.

I had the L's way before the ER's were available.  Could be there.  CA's I think are bang for the buck the steal.  Almost idiot proof to use as well.

ER's make better mids though.

When I get aggressive in the midrange, people end up in the ER .

46 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I had the L's way before the ER's were available.  Could be there.  CA's I think are bang for the buck the steal.  Almost idiot proof to use as well.

I am definitely late to the party. lol especially feel that way when I read everyone posts from the 2000’s. :lol:

I’m sure by now you’ve figured out it’s all in fun. As I hit the mark years ago, just savoring the flavor at this point. :D 

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

MK - what was the el cheapo active HU you recommended.  Just realized my boat has no tunes.  :doh:

I will check that. And Ryan I will get you that subwoofer. I had to get a different box and it took me awhile to find one. and I was being lazy.

That works out well, thanks!  I just didn't want it showing up when I was on vacay.

Pioneer DEH-X3910BT is the one my co-worker got. Mine was unavailable when she got hers.

I'm pretty sure it is active as well.but I would double check.

I think my issue is, now that I know how to look at paint I pick everything out. Not sure if that is a bad thing or just another thing to torment me.

39 minutes ago, nem said:

I think my issue is, now that I know how to look at paint I pick everything out. Not sure if that is a bad thing or just another thing to torment me.

Dont look at my car!

Same color as my daughters new car. LOL

Image may contain: car, tree and outdoor

Is a 2014 that only had 6k miles on her. Was some rich persons ski car. 

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

No automatic alt text available.

Should be over....

20 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Pioneer DEH-X3910BT is the one my co-worker got. Mine was unavailable when she got hers.

Thanks

Anybody got a decent H/U for sale?