Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

2 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Taters? I thought y'all said potatoes?

I am rubbing off on y'all..

Some of my extended family is from GA.  Like.... not Atlanta, but backwoods kids GA.

One weekend up north(where that aunt lives), and my summers with her family sneak into my language fast.

I will say "true" to every other statement PDQ.

3 hours ago, dem beats said:

Some of my extended family is from GA.  Like.... not Atlanta, but backwoods kids GA.

One weekend up north(where that aunt lives), and my summers with her family sneak into my language fast.

I will say "true" to every other statement PDQ.

You need to visit the mountains here...It would blow your mind.

5 hours ago, dem beats said:

So much Kale soup.  Fuckin amazing.

Added some taters this time.  God it's so good.  I want to eat all 2 and a half gallons.

Text me an approximate eecipe.  We get a shit ton of kale in our csa share

28 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

You need to visit the mountains here...It would blow your mind.

Not mine lol

Not that it iant gorgeous there, just i have aeen a few things

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Text me an approximate eecipe.  We get a shit ton of kale in our csa share

Will do in the AM.

I'll drop a video here and text you my version in the morning.  I often just pick whatever protien I either have too much of, or left over and add it to this soup.  

I use white beans instead of potatoes when I care about my carbohydrate intake for a specific  reason.  

Anyone looking for a really good way to get your greens in....

The reason for the photo uploading issue is that the gallery had to get killed off.  Somehow it got infested with maleware as well as a number of other parts of the site.  So it had to go , maybe we will get the updated version down the road.

I don't think you need it.  There are plenty of off-site hosting parties.

Did I tell you guys that I volunteered at the Vietnam wall Memorial?

Really grounding.  I feel extremely grateful.  It's been so hard and dark in my life lately.  Boy did that do something.  There is an app, and I used to help pull up the location of the name on the wall.  People could do rubbings of the name etc.  When I pull up the names, it would often have a photo, and so many times a veteran would fist bump or grab my phone and hold it.  The stories were incredible and they really have no one to listen.  They felt so disenfranchised, most of the volunteers were kind and sweet, but 99% were local NPR type people and they really had no empathy it seemed.  Lots of sympathy, but these men had a friend die next to them in some cases.... It really made me leave that thinking about how it is important to find a way to have empathy even when I may not want to. 

I hope I can keep that drive to be more empathic for life.

I'm reflecting on this today because I saw the second monarch in years today when trying to help Jack get around the yard. He is having a tough day so I help him get around and walk with him so he knows he is safe if he gets confused or hurts too much.

The first monarch I saw was the day I volunteered. The symbolic nature of that was pretty incredible, especially not seeing one in so long.  

Is it a good thing when people come to you asking to have their vehicle and motor cycle ceramic coated? 

4 minutes ago, nem said:

Is it a good thing when people come to you asking to have their vehicle and motor cycle ceramic coated? 

When are you coming to MN.  Can Sean, myself, the wife, and the roomate get a group deal?

I'll let you drive his RS.

Or the beemer.  Not as unique, and I would be willing to sober cab so you can take a run nap in the back.

:D

Edited by dem beats

14 minutes ago, dem beats said:

When are you coming to MN.  Can Sean, myself, the wife, and the roomate get a group deal?

I'll let you drive his RS.

Or the beemer.  Not as unique, and I would be willing to sober cab so you can take a run nap in the back.

:D

Sounds like a fun road trip! I would hook you all up. I had two people drive in and ask me if I was the guy who is doing ceramic. I am doing a brand new Harley tomorrow. I will post some pictures.

Side note I picked up a gallon of malco paint sealant for people who do not want ceramic. People will pay $500 all day for paint sealant because the dealers offer it. I am doing sealant for $200 and have 2 cars lined up.

Did not really want to get into doing this, but it is hard to say no to people who want to give you money.

My buddy has won awards for his paint and body work.  I helped him take 3/4 inch body gaps down to 1/8 or less.

He paints like a machine.

He no longer paints for anyone who isn't a friend. But he made a lot of money and spent it on equipment and a new garage.

It's what I did with camera stuff too @nem.  Just make enough to buy more toys.

More toys means a bigger garage.

24 minutes ago, nem said:

More toys means a bigger garage.

Make the pleebs pay for it.

I dont like football in general.... but this made me so happy.

Heisman is now one of my new heros.

Sure we can end early.....

By 5 min, and I will reduce you all to pillars of salt.

I been trying to find a decent body shop to spray some factory Camaro SS wheels black.Powder coating options seem to be kind of limited around here so I thought maybe getting them sprayed would be easier..So far I found a place that wants $100 a wheel..Also some people has mentioned about doing them in that plasticdip..I have never done that will it look like crap?

Nothing like a fire alarm at 3:30 AM in the hotel to shake you up.  

Note to self:  7 flights of stairs means I am HORRIBLY out of shape.

14 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

7 flights of stairs from a dead sleep at 3:30am would make an Olympic athlete feel out of shape.

Much less guys like us who just did lines of cola off a strippers ass and got a surprise  alarm.

;)

I would be PISSED!

8 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I been trying to find a decent body shop to spray some factory Camaro SS wheels black.Powder coating options seem to be kind of limited around here so I thought maybe getting them sprayed would be easier..So far I found a place that wants $100 a wheel..Also some people has mentioned about doing them in that plasticdip..I have never done that will it look like crap?

For $400 sell what you have and buy what you want, that is crazy.

7 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Let me guess, was it a Westin?