Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Meh today is my Saturday. So might as well be the 4th. Not that I have dick planned.

Trying to get the energy to finish some speaker boxes. 

Forgot to get good pics, but here it is.

IMG_20180703_152232.jpg

IMG_20180703_152242.jpg

The owner was beyond amazed at how clean I got the paint. Bike is brand new and driven to Laconia bike week and back, so the paint had lots of bugs and marks. 

This weekend he is putting it on display at our local bike club party as he is the president of the club. Might bring some more business.

9 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Nice! How much for a Silverado!?!

Thanks, depending on the paint correction and you helping, I guess we could do it for the cost of materials. $150.00 SSA Fam style :)

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

For $400 sell what you have and buy what you want, that is crazy.

Really want the black SS wheels.

11 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Meh today is my Saturday. So might as well be the 4th. Not that I have dick planned.

I haven't worked since last Friday at 10am when I got a migraine.  

Can usually find a dealer and save some off their direct price too.

Their TBSS wheels in 24's were lighter than the stock 22's from a Cadillac Escalade. 

Love the fact you can get factory wheel look in different sizes with different finishes.

Here stock 20" with the wrong offset for a Silverado based vehicle

TheTrip-1453.jpg

24" with the right offset in chrome instead of aluminumLzwByMD.jpg

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I haven't worked since last Friday at 10am when I got a migraine.  

I've had a migraine on and off since Thursday, may have concussed myself to earn it however.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Order them.  $400 + your wheels and you get these:

https://factoryreproductions.com/product-category/chevrolet/camaro/

Mine are the FR-30..I tried to select them but it said "store coming soon check back"

You said $400 plus my wheels..Are you suggesting I sale them and put $400 with it and purchase those? Or do they take in trades?

And happy 4th by the way guys!

2 hours ago, nem said:

Thanks, depending on the paint correction and you helping, I guess we could do it for the cost of materials. $150.00 SSA Fam style :)

Does it cost more if I help?!?! I mean I can provide all the Sailor Jerry in addition!!

SO I rented a Caddy and got stuck with this. 

lmzxexF.jpg

Most people that would make happy....you I assume not so much

7 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Mine are the FR-30..I tried to select them but it said "store coming soon check back"

You said $400 plus my wheels..Are you suggesting I sale them and put $400 with it and purchase those? Or do they take in trades?

They don't take trades.  I wouldn't even buy them there...just would get the right repos.  $400 to refinish yours makes no sense to me.

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

They don't take trades.  I wouldn't even buy them there...just would get the right repos.  $400 to refinish yours makes no sense to me.

I am going to check around more I guess.I would think there would probably be somewhere that would spray them for cheaper.

And end up with wheels with no resale.  I would sell what you have and buy new.

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Most people that would make happy....you I assume not so much

Actually, I was extremely pleased with the car.  So much so, that I started shopping for them.  Unfortunately it's not affordable for me unless it's out of warranty, and there's no way I am buying a VAG out of warranty.  The buttons and dials and shit everywhere were a nuisance though.  I literally sat in the parking lot for 15 minutes trying to acclimate myself with all of it.

I was getting lunch the other day and passed a dealership and they had a 2015 Genesis up front for an intriguing price, so I stopped and took that thing for a drive.  I was expecting it to be such a turd, but it's a really great car.  The salesman let me take it for several hours.  I drove back to the hospital, picked my dad up and we went for a little cruise.  He was really impressed with it too.  I heard lots of bad things about the first gens, but this car was really a great car, so if anyone is looking for a luxury ride, I suggest the Genesis on your list.