Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I'd like to chime in on the wheels.  If you have stock OEM wheels, they are always a better solution than aftermarket reproductions.  The OEM standards are so high, that they are always going to be a stronger wheel.  There's a reason the repros are lighter.  That's obviously not everything, but I bring it up since Sean mentioned the weight. 

I think $400 for paint is very reasonable.  You're basically getting a brand new set of OEM wheels for $400.  You simply can't compete with that price. You're not paying for shipping expenses, they can be painted without removing the tires so you avoid dismount/remount/rebalance fees,  you're contributing to your local economy,and if you need repairs or problems arise, you can simply take your issue to the painter. 

10 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Does it cost more if I help?!?! I mean I can provide all the Sailor Jerry in addition!!

That is with you helping.

Lessons are free.

If they made a RWD car I'd probably own one.

14 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I haven't worked since last Friday at 10am when I got a migraine.  

You lucky ducky, other than the cranium cringing. 

one More week of worky and I’ll be off for three. 

Last wheels I painted, I removed all the old paint and crap with a cupped wire wheel on the grinder and cleaned with Prepz-all. Then used rustolium spray paint. 

About the only cheaper way, at the expense of time. 

Guess it’s all how vain you can afford to be  lol. 

19 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

If they made a RWD car I'd probably own one.

Audi?

I bought a set of Michelin Defenders for the Jeep this week. They seem to be up for the task, and quiet enough also.

4 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Last wheels I painted, I removed all the old paint and crap with a cupped wire wheel on the grinder and cleaned with Prepz-all. Then used rustolium spray paint. 

About the only cheaper way, at the expense of time. 

Damn, you went crazy!  A simple sand and clean would have sufficed.  

1 minute ago, j-roadtatts said:

I bought a set of Michelin Defenders for the Jeep this week. They seem to be up for the task, and quiet enough also.

My bro-in-law picked me up from the airport in his Wrangled.  First time I've been in it, and I was surprised how quiet it was and he's got some big ads wheels on it.

1 minute ago, Tirefryr said:

Damn, you went crazy!  A simple sand and clean would have sufficed.  

They were stamped steel and powder coated. For what I make an hour now, it would of been stupid. But I was young and poor.lol

And yes I seem to do everything the hard way at least once in life. Good for perspective purposes if nothing else. 

5 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

My bro-in-law picked me up from the airport in his Wrangled.  First time I've been in it, and I was surprised how quiet it was and he's got some big ads wheels on it.

They rate high for traction and braking on wet/snowy roads. We will see how they wear. 

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

Audi?

Yes.  I adore the S8.

58 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  I adore the S8.

Only thing I dislike about Audi..Is working on them..If they have mechanical or electric gremlins they can be pains..I guess all makes and models can, just have had stubborn issues with them in the past..But they sure are pretty.

3 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

And yes I seem to do everything the hard way at least once in life. Good for perspective purposes if nothing else. 

If all the information I have gives me more than one solution to a problem I always choose, and begin working immediately on the most difficult option.

If I find more info that gives me a nee direction, then I change my path.  However, so often it's the most painful way that yields the best result that I find myself half way through a painful struggle as I finally confirm my suspicions. 

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  I adore the S8.

S8+ is still something I would suffer with if forced. :sigh:

However the new M5 is the only sedan for me now......Panamera.... maybe.

:D

:D

Free rides to for any SSA members who contribute to that fund.

Edited by dem beats

I'm actually becoming less and less happy with a sedan.

I want a 911(or something else equally as compelling, smaller and nimbly pimbly) and an SUV/truck.  If they made a mud truck cayenne then I could find all my needs from one badge!

But if you guys end up finding the M5, I won't be sad.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  I adore the S8.

R8V10 has optional RWD.

12 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I want a 911(or something else equally as compelling, smaller and nimbly pimbly) and an SUV/truck.  If they made a mud truck cayenne then I could find all my needs from one badge!

I found it..I will write a check for 1/2 that's it all I can contribute Matt!

s-l300.jpg

16 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I love coupes and have been wanting/shopping the ATS coupe, but then I go back and forth between my Town Car and T-bird, and I find I really prefer to daily drive a boat. 

I love the CTS too and it's cheaper than the ATS coupe.

1 minute ago, Tirefryr said:

I love coupes and have been wanting/shopping the ATS coupe, but then I go back and forth between my Town Car and T-bird, and I find I really prefer to daily drive a boat. 

I would drive the SUV/truck/jeep type thing anytime I wanted soft ride.  It would make me much happier to have a 3rd pedal in the fun.  One vehicle for relaxed driving, one for when I'm ready to rock and roll.

A big soft S class would be ok too.  I just find myself needing the capacity to haul larger items quite a bit.

I would like to have this...

hqdefault.jpg