Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

30 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Jared your picture is corrupted when I see you post.

Do you see that?

Yeah I seen that and Marks post about them being lost and needing reloaded. 

Derp.

I forgot already.  Recent post thing vanished too.  I need more coffee

14 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Doh! So i need a bigger one :(

....assuming of courae you mean in metal and not wood.

No quill handle and slowest speed of 525rpm, would be rather gutless with anything above 1/2" in wood I think, plus a general PITA to operate.  Hard to be an actual drill press when needed.  Even if you dropped a small mill like a Bridgeport in there it doesn't make it handier for drilling things than a drill press.  

Routing/milling small stuff in plastics or shiny wood, or maybe even steel it'd work well.  As a drill press, I'd probably be using a cordless drill instead.  

Sitting in Birmingham Alabama. Now to pick up a rental car...

3 hours ago, topgun said:

No quill handle and slowest speed of 525rpm, would be rather gutless with anything above 1/2" in wood I think, plus a general PITA to operate.  Hard to be an actual drill press when needed.  Even if you dropped a small mill like a Bridgeport in there it doesn't make it handier for drilling things than a drill press.  

Routing/milling small stuff in plastics or shiny wood, or maybe even steel it'd work well.  As a drill press, I'd probably be using a cordless drill instead.  

You perhaps saved me some money.  I want a mill, I want a drill press, I  really however have almost zero need for either.  The main thing I would use it for drill press wise is just ensuring I drill straight.  In that aspect a small pilot hole would somewhat do what I need though.  I have a cordless drill already.

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Why are you in bama?

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

You perhaps saved me some money.  I want a mill, I want a drill press, I  really however have almost zero need for either.  The main thing I would use it for drill press wise is just ensuring I drill straight.  In that aspect a small pilot hole would somewhat do what I need though.  I have a cordless drill already.

Regular ole bench top drill press would probably suite your needs.   

7 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Do you like it there?

2 hours ago, topgun said:

Regular ole bench top drill press would probably suite your needs.   

Probably...but when looking for one I always find something better.  Has to drill STRAIGHT.

Very open to recommendations 

Waterjet.

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

Why are you in bama?

Touring university’s with my babe Annikya. Roll tide roll.

8 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Do you like it there?

So far so good. Humid AF. Super green here compared to Colorado right now. 

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Very open to recommendations 

Not that I need a drill press but would use the shit out of it if I had one.  Since my wife usually buys me tools without me knowing this is the one I told her to buy next. Lol 

https://m.lowes.com/pd/PORTER-CABLE-8-Amp-12-Speed-Floor-Drill-Press/1000132463

Ended up with a Nissan Murano Platinum rental car.  I assume is a knock off of a Rav4, as they look the same. Has a bunch of corky shit and the steering feels clunky. 

On the plus am one of the first people to drive it as it only has a couple hundred miles on the Odometer. Still peeling plastic of stuff. 

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Woohoo!

Go girl!!

Jack is so old his teeth are just not doing well.  We had to give him an anti inflammatory for his hips and teeth but it was causing him to have accidents.  He was having a lot of trouble bending to poop.  We had to add raw soft foot to help him get down the dry kibble because of the sore chompers. So I gave him a break for a week, and in 2 days the accidents completely stopped and he started being interested in food again.

I've been cooking beef liver and adding it into Jack's diet along with an occasional raw egg and olive oil. The oil really helps the constipation problem and the extra organ meat and egg is helping him get back some muscle mass.

Wow, what a difference.   I was really thinking we only had weeks left with this guy.  He is as happy as can be, albeit tired and in a bit of pain once and a while.  First pain med in  long time this morning, I think the storm coming in is hitting him as hard as its hitting me.

:D

I cant believe the difference. Long story short, I am adding these nasty liver nuggets I make for him to my diet... while i dont know if it's really helping, i lost another 1.5% body fat even though I pigged out all last week.  That, the increase in creatine to 10-15 grams a day, and really working on my sleep schedule is making a difference. 

woot.

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Nice!

24 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Jack is so old his teeth are just not doing well.  We had to give him an anti inflammatory for his hips and teeth but it was causing him to have accidents.  He was having a lot of trouble bending to poop.  We had to add raw soft foot to help him get down the dry kibble because of the sore chompers. So I gave him a break for a week, and in 2 days the accidents completely stopped and he started being interested in food again.

I've been cooking beef liver and adding it into Jack's diet along with an occasional raw egg and olive oil. The oil really helps the constipation problem and the extra organ meat and egg is helping him get back some muscle mass.

Wow, what a difference.   I was really thinking we only had weeks left with this guy.  He is as happy as can be, albeit tired and in a bit of pain once and a while.  First pain med in  long time this morning, I think the storm coming in is hitting him as hard as its hitting me.

I cant believe the difference. Long story short, I am adding these nasty liver nuggets I make for him to my diet... while i dont know if it's really helping, i lost another 1.5% body fat even though I pigged out all last week.  That, the increase in creatine to 10-15 grams a day, and really working on my sleep schedule is making a difference. 

woot.

Big dogs are difficult when it comes to health issues. Glad you found something rather than meds to help him. 

I like how you link your diet to Jack's

59 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I like how you link your diet to Jack's

We are both large simple drooling beasts.  

Alpha dogs get the organs and marrow first.  Maybe I need to take the hint. 

I hate liver too.  Lol

Took my daughter out hand gun shopping today.

30 minutes ago, nem said:

Took my daughter out hand gun shopping today.

Pewpew life.

<3

14 hours ago, ///M5 said:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/tld/d/12-in-drill-press-with/6629467552.html

Cheaper than anywhere else...odd post though.  Not sure if that one is "good" enough, lol.  Whatever I buy I don't want to want to replace after using it.  Need a fence too.

Junk.