Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

33 minutes ago, dem beats said:

It takes nearly 100psi to break skin.

No it isnt safe, but the whole embolism caused by an air gun is not actually possible unless it's a mighty extreme situation. 

I inject air in myself every other week.  Per the doctors instructions as trying to "get out the air bubble" means I lose a small portion of the $2700 a month medication I take.  Directly into a being is a different beast, but even then it would have to be an IV and if your healthy and of the 75% of people who dont have a pre disposed condition to be sensitive, it's not likely.

Typical shop air lines are typically 110-150psi, cuts aren't a rarity either.  Death is only one part, eye injuries are another big one, blowing dirt off yourself is another good way.    Couple CC of air out of a blow gun is only a very short burst.  

Going to happen to you in your lifetime, go buy a lottery ticket instead, but same reason I wear a seatbelt.  That one saved my life once already.  

58 minutes ago, topgun said:

Typical shop air lines are typically 110-150psi, cuts aren't a rarity either.  Death is only one part, eye injuries are another big one, blowing dirt off yourself is another good way.    Couple CC of air out of a blow gun is only a very short burst.  

Going to happen to you in your lifetime, go buy a lottery ticket instead, but same reason I wear a seatbelt.  That one saved my life once already.  

Right.  As I said, it is not safe but it is best to be accurate about the danger and not say it can cause things it can't. Wikipedia sites it's or did when I looked it up just a while ago, and even they didnt have a citation with a credible source.  Even if the air did break skin, it would have to hit an vein and that vein would have to somehow suck up the gas bubble. That's something veins cannot do, especially when there is an opening behind the air bubble.  The circulatory system doesn't have a pull function, just push.

It is like gun safety.   Guns can hurt people, of course, but saying they can just go off or blaming a type of gun etc etc.

You get my point.  I always promote safety, but never suggest that margins are a cause for caution.   Some guns could go off without someone actually shooting it with the safety on... but you gotta have an antique or a defective product and have used it wrong or never maintained it.  

My time dealing with OSHA at the DOT really changed my attitude towards safety to make sure we talked about actual concerns, not hypothetical situations.  

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Right.  As I said, it is not safe but it is best to be accurate about the danger and not say it can cause things it can't. Wikipedia sites it's or did when I looked it up just a while ago, and even they didnt have a citation with a credible source.  Even if the air did break skin, it would have to hit an vein and that vein would have to somehow suck up the gas bubble. That's something veins cannot do, especially when there is an opening behind the air bubble.  The circulatory system doesn't have a pull function, just push.

It is like gun safety.   Guns can hurt people, of course, but saying they can just go off or blaming a type of gun etc etc.

You get my point.  I always promote safety, but never suggest that margins are a cause for caution.   Some guns could go off without someone actually shooting it with the safety on... but you gotta have an antique or a defective product and have used it wrong or never maintained it.  

My time dealing with OSHA at the DOT really changed my attitude towards safety to make sure we talked about actual concerns, not hypothetical situations.  

Funny you mention the gun thing. . .   I know two gun nuts both with Glock17s that both discharged when being placed on a counter.  Not slammed, but placed.  There are still bullet holes in my sister's basement  from one of them.  Both clean and maintain their firearms meticulously.  One is an LEO, the other retired Marine, so they're no fools. Just a perfect storm of horror.

7 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Funny you mention the gun thing. . .   I know two gun nuts both with Glock17s that both discharged when being placed on a counter.  Not slammed, but placed.  There are still bullet holes in my sister's basement  from one of them.  Both clean and maintain their firearms meticulously.  One is an LEO, the other retired Marine, so they're no fools. Just a perfect storm of horror.

Exactly. 

It happens, it is just less than 1% of 1% of 1%. Slightly more likely that lightning killing ya.

Micro mill is in my garage.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Micro mill is in my garage.

Pics you dirty ass pirate!

Don't tease!

Took down Mpls today 5-1

22 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Took down Mpls today 5-1

Nice

I watched Croatia lose and it was heartbreaking. 

We have someone that works for us that is a croat....so even though I am a classic underdog cheerer there was no way.

10 hours ago, dem beats said:

Pics you dirty ass pirate!

Don't tease!

Yeah you prostate predator!!! Haha

On 7/14/2018 at 9:04 PM, mikel7829 said:

It's real humid here at the moment,even more than it normally is.I am soaking wet within the first hour of working outside and I seem to be having to be in attics a lot here lately.Today I was in 3 didn't have a temp gun with me but I am guessing it was a good 130 degrees.And not all Mexican people can take heat most really can not it seems when doing service calls anyway.Just always drink plenty of fluids,and salty foods if you can.When out in that mess be careful because those humid days can be dangerous the other day I started getting cold chills in a attic,it was time to go do e got way way to hot.

I feel for you working outside Mikey! I have taken a few hikes through the woods here in the Ole’ Miss and Bama and was sweating like a whore in church. 

3 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I feel for you working outside Mikey! I have taken a few hikes through the woods here in the Ole’ Miss and Bama and was sweating like a whore in church. 

They always work up a sweat at group orgys.

Only thing that gets more biz than the collection plate.

;-)

Escalade headlight bulb went poof.

Sylvania replacement $100, Sylvania Silver Star $130.  I assume the SS are worth it based on biased internet forums...but I know jack shit as I run stocks.  More light is better though as I am getting older :doh:

I don't give two shits what color the lights are or how they look.

Just want them to light up the road as good as possible.  Without attraction of Johnnie Law or being too obnoxious on others.

30 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Sylvania replacement $100, Sylvania Silver Star $130.  I assume the SS are worth it based on biased internet forums...but I know jack shit as I run stocks.  More light is better though as I am getting older :doh:

I need a good HID kit for this Blazer,as I am going blind these days at night..Really sux when it's raining at night

10 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

It was just in the high 80's today and I was still soaking wet.Was pulling new wire and linesets in a flip house that looks like it used to be a crack house swear I smelled something dead in the back yard that looks like the Amazon jungle kept waiting stumble across something dead..Literally had 5' trees growing out of the gutters and I'm putting in a $8,000 Trane heat pump split system.

34 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

What’s the difference? higher lumens, higher quality material? Or is it just the Kelvin temperature?

7 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

I need a good HID kit for this Blazer

I don't think those exist, just shitty ones that make you look like you upgraded your headlights.  And of course true HID conversions which aren't good because they aren't worth the $.

So just scored a Kenwood KDC-mp3505 for $12 on a auction site..Maybe I won't get my mouth ripped out this time.lol

Just now, j-roadtatts said:

What’s the difference? higher lumens, higher quality material? Or is it just the Kelvin temperature?

Says more light.

Sylvania-xtravision-vs-silverstar-chart.

Just now, ///M5 said:

I don't think those exist, just shitty ones that make you look like you upgraded your headlights.  And of course true HID conversions which aren't good because they aren't worth the $.

What about the LED conversions?

Warmer is much better at night Sean.

If the lumens are close but the SS is even slightly warmer it will do a lot more to help you see at night than you think.