Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

A good cut of meat only needs kosher salt and pepper.  Bad cuts of meat need marinade.

This was a Foodlion grocery store steak..Not sure if y'all have those grocery chains up that way..I am limited to were I can purchase meat at around here.Sadly to say Foodlion usually has the best looking steaks around here.

Guys believe it or not,I have actually past my 1 year 100% clean sobriety date.lol Not one drop of boze or anything period..Exept cigarettes I need to quit those too..My breathing sux I tried dipping today but I can't stand that crap in my teeth.."And yes even though I am from Tennessee I still have teeth" Nicotine has got to be the most addictve thing there is I believe it surpasses caffeine by far.

Oops double post

6 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Guys believe it or not,I have actually past my 1 year 100% clean sobriety date.lol Not one drop of boze or anything period..Exept cigarettes I need to quit those too..My breathing sux I tried dipping today but I can't stand that crap in my teeth.."And yes even though I am from Tennessee I still have teeth" Nicotine has got to be the most addictve thing there is I believe it surpasses caffeine by far.

Awesome Mikey!!!!

great job man!

I don't think nicotine is addictive.  I just think it's habitual.

Btw, I don't think quitting smoking is hard.  I've done it at least 100x.

Finally did stop though years ago now.  Just had to finally decide that I wasn't a smoker.

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Btw, I don't think quitting smoking is hard.  I've done it at least 100x.

Lol..well I need to quit and stay quite.I did kind of throttle back yesterday when dipping..A pack lasted all day were normally I would have been out by 3pm-or 4pm. I purchased the pack at 8am and still had a couple when I went to bed.

Lol, but you supplemented those cigs with chew.  

I do think it was a wise choice to not quit everything at once.  You are ready to be rid of nicotine now though.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I do think it was a wise choice to not quit everything at once.  You are ready to be rid of nicotine now though.

That was the exact recommendation I was given..Not to quit everything at once.I know I will feel better if I quit smoking its hard to tie my boots sometimes..My oxygen level usually is 90-94%

With the super efficiency of the BGE I'm thinking about cooking my next Brisket with half lump and half coals to impart more smoke flavor. Not sure if it will be beneficial though.

Also rooting around with the idea of pulling it at the stall and then sous vide cooking at 155 for a long time.

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

With the super efficiency of the BGE I'm thinking about cooking my next Brisket with half lump and half coals to impart more smoke flavor. Not sure if it will be beneficial though.

Also rooting around with the idea of pulling it at the stall and then sous vide cooking at 155 for a long time.

Better results to just smoke it.

I dont know what the difference between lump and coal is.  Do you mean lump coal and wood chunks? I throw in apple or mesquite chunks right on top of the starting hot coals from the chimney, then cover those with more lump. I get a lot of controllable heavy smoke in the beginning when the meat is cold and it can penetrate, then it tapers off so the crust doesnt get too bitter.

7 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Lol, but you supplemented those cigs with chew.  

Lol I know right..But I am hoping to be able to wean down from that a little easier than cigs..I tried that vapor stuff with no luck..I still wanted a cigarette..Not to mention that vaping made me cough something fierce..I still think I got some of that juice stuff somewhere I bought from Mark 4 or 5 years ago..lol

I literally quit more than 100 times.  EVERYTHING I tried didn't work...until I decided that I wasn't going to smoke anymore.  You can't try to quit, you have to become a non-smoker.  Once you make that jump in your mind the withdrawals are annoying, but the constantly renewed temptation isn't there which is impossible to not succumb to.

If you were to use a vape pen for 30 days or some period to just get beyond the physical feel of a smoke and to be different that could surely help.  I would try to use it as little as possible and pull down the nicotine but as long as you think you may be a smoker, you will be.

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

I dont know what the difference between lump and coal is.  

Lump is yummy, bituminous coal not so much.  I would assume that is not at all what he meant, but am equally as confused as you since the only word for coal I've ever heard is what we burn to make power.

Chunks of wood on the other hand are yummy as well.  If by coals you meant you are making your own lump out of wood chunks then carry on...but still add wood chunks.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I literally quit more than 100 times.  EVERYTHING I tried didn't work...until I decided that I wasn't going to smoke anymore.  You can't try to quit, you have to become a non-smoker.  Once you make that jump in your mind the withdrawals are annoying, but the constantly renewed temptation isn't there which is impossible to not succumb to.

If you were to use a vape pen for 30 days or some period to just get beyond the physical feel of a smoke and to be different that could surely help.  I would try to use it as little as possible and pull down the nicotine but as long as you think you may be a smoker, you will be.

I dont know anything about cigarettes... but I have smoked cigars, sometimes a few a day for long enough that I should and probably do feel withdrawal yet I never felt the NEED for it.  I also use a vape to blow funky clouds and get a cheep buzz that honestly help me when I'm feeling *ahem* backed up.  I've never felt and need to use.

What I'm saying @mikel7829 is probably similar  to what Sean is saying.  Decide you want to and you can.  When I help people with their diets and training I remind them that it's their choice to eat the cupcake, or sugar, or starch or whatever their vice is.  The most addictive part of this is that you want to keep doing it, because it is who you decided you are.  I think cigarettes have some harsh shit that makes the come down horrible, but the vapor things will help a lot with the cravings.  Once you can ween yourself down to 3mg juice you're no longer under control of the nicotine and you just have to chose to stop.

I love drugs too.  And often I perform better with them, but I am always aware that I'm making a choice and that I am in control.

Live deliberately Mike and you will be unstoppable in getting to your goals.

Edited by dem beats

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Lump is yummy, bituminous coal not so much.  I would assume that is not at all what he meant, but am equally as confused as you since the only word for coal I've ever heard is what we burn to make power.

Chunks of wood on the other hand are yummy as well.  If by coals you meant you are making your own lump out of wood chunks then carry on...but still add wood chunks.

Hella confused.  Glad I wasnt the only one.

:D

I made enchiladas today and I read 3 recipes that said to just microwave or drag the tortillas through the enchilada sauce before wrapping. 

Fucking idiots.  I should have just done like every abuela I've ever met and grilled them on the cast iron.

They all fell apart completely.  The flavor was however the best I have ever done.  Extremely happy.  Might try to make my own enchilada sauce next time. Never attempted but I feel confident AF now.

Ha, that is one of 2 things I do in the microwave.  Melt butter and heat tortillas.  I do have a ceramic tortilla holder though that makes it possible.  I've never had a packaged enchilada sauce that was edible.  Easy to make!

1 minute ago, ///M5 said:

Ha, that is one of 2 things I do in the microwave.  Melt butter and heat tortillas.  I do have a ceramic tortilla holder though that makes it possible.  I've never had a packaged enchilada sauce that was edible.  Easy to make!

I doctor it up, its 50% canned, 50% my own stock and vegis.  I've never found the peppers needed.  I havent looked hard either.

I tried the microwave technique too.  They still disintegrated. Little lard in the cast iron is the only way I guess.  I was just trying to save a bit of calories and time.  Bad mistake.