Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

34 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Really want to find an early 2000's BMW 540i. V8 with good HP and gas mileage, seems reliable, , will baby. Pretty much a watered down M5, but I could potentially snag a decent one at $4-5K

I'd way rather have a 535

I would rather have a 335 honestly.

Or the V8 M3.  

Or the v10 M5.

All should be found for a decent price.  

But as long as we are bullshitting I'll take a GT3 with the doubleclockenclutchenkranker.  The ideal would be the 911R I suppose with a manual, but the GT3 says GT3 so yeah...

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

This, so much performance for the price

I'll do some research but what's your reasonings?

M3 performance or better without the price or exotic V8. . . . . .

And who doesn't love some snails?

12 hours ago, dem beats said:

Or the V8 M3.  

Or the v10 M5.

All should be found for a decent price.  

But as long as we are bullshitting I'll take a GT3 with the doubleclockenclutchenkranker.  The ideal would be the 911R I suppose with a manual, but the GT3 says GT3 so yeah...

M3 and M5 in decent condition are still bringing near $30K.    I don't consider that decent for some cars approaching or older than 10 years.

I just looked at the Kicker Q-class.  I don't get it.  If someone is going to spend JL money, why not buy JL?

32 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

M3 and M5 in decent condition are still bringing near $30K.    I don't consider that decent for some cars approaching or older than 10 years.

Whaaaaat?????

When I got my 550, I was seeing the v10 M5s for $20k!!!!  Crazy.  I actually test drove an alpina B7 the same day and ended up saying no thanks due to no CPO.

Ok so fixing to order me some tires for these SS rims guess I have decided on the 245/45/19 Hankook Kinergy GT..Anyone tried those? I have Hankook tires on the factory rims now but they are quite noisy IMO But they are not the Kinergy GT's actually don't know what they are but there Hankook and I have not had any issues except road noise but I am fixing to deaden the whole thing anyway? Have any of you guys ran the Hankook's?

And straddling the fence on 245/45/19 or 255/45/19..and I almost went with 40's instead of 45's but think the 45's will do the trick.

4 hours ago, dem beats said:

Whaaaaat?????

When I got my 550, I was seeing the v10 M5s for $20k!!!!  Crazy.  I actually test drove an alpina B7 the same day and ended up saying no thanks due to no CPO.

5 or 6 years ago they were a bit cheaper.  I was trying to buy an 07 M5 for $20K back around 13 or 14, but insurance was fucking ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

5 or 6 years ago they were a bit cheaper.  I was trying to buy an 07 M5 for $20K back around 13 or 14, but insurance was fucking ridiculous.

I thought the prices would have dropped dramatically being an 8 year old car!

Crazy.

I did buy at a really good time for German sedans.

On 8/2/2018 at 12:08 PM, Tirefryr said:

I just looked at the Kicker Q-class.  I don't get it.  If someone is going to spend JL money, why not buy JL?

I might do me another little soundqubed build..Idk still thinking on what route to go...4-10's or 4-8's...Something small nothing to crazy.

@j-roadtatts

What is your coffee to water ratio, and how do you gauge temperature for your french press?

I'm still working on my recipe. 

Also I dont think I can reasonably "afford" the price of $18 bucks per 1 pound bag for Dunn Bros when I am not grinding it at home.  By the end of the bag, even in the freezer, it's not as crazy amazing as the first few carafes.  What do you use for beans/grind as a source?

The first few were almost as good as good espresso, but now it's just the best perc/drip/non-espresso coffee I have ever had.

When I'm working again I wont care but I feel it's irresponsible at the moment. 

On 8/1/2018 at 10:02 PM, ///M5 said:

I'd way rather have a 535

I'm not seeing why. 20% less power and not much better fuel economy in the same chassis.

On 8/2/2018 at 4:55 PM, mikel7829 said:

And straddling the fence on 245/45/19 or 255/45/19..and I almost went with 40's instead of 45's but think the 45's will do the trick.

For what vehicle?

On 8/2/2018 at 12:39 PM, dem beats said:

Whaaaaat?????

What year is your 550?

I've seen a couple of 07ish 550s for cheap. Wondering if they were problem children in that era. One had 4 owners and the other 5!

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

I'm not seeing why. 20% less power and not much better fuel economy in the same chassis.

Cheaper to purchase, insure, maintain, and modify.  

10 hours ago, dem beats said:

@j-roadtatts

What is your coffee to water ratio, and how do you gauge temperature for your french press?

I'm still working on my recipe. 

Also I dont think I can reasonably "afford" the price of $18 bucks per 1 pound bag for Dunn Bros when I am not grinding it at home.  By the end of the bag, even in the freezer, it's not as crazy amazing as the first few carafes.  What do you use for beans/grind as a source?

The first few were almost as good as good espresso, but now it's just the best perc/drip/non-espresso coffee I have ever had.

When I'm working again I wont care but I feel it's irresponsible at the moment. 

Roughly 1:4 ratio. That’s with a heaping unground cup of beans. 200° for water temp. 4 minutes of steep time. 

Whole beans ground at the time of use is paramount.

I use a cheap grinder and like there to be a little bit of very fine powder. Gives the coffee an extra nutty flavor. 

The 1 cup of beans makes 2 actual coffee cups worth. lol

8 hours ago, MKader17 said:

For what vehicle?

They are 19" camaro SS rims I'm putting on a 2000 chevy blazer 2dr- 2wd

Anyone got a decent 5.1 receiver they would like to sale?

8 hours ago, MKader17 said:

What year is your 550?

I've seen a couple of 07ish 550s for cheap. Wondering if they were problem children in that era. One had 4 owners and the other 5!

It's the TTv8.  Insane for what I paid honestly.  40k with CPO.

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Roughly 1:4 ratio. That’s with a heaping unground cup of beans. 200° for water temp. 4 minutes of steep time. 

Whole beans ground at the time of use is paramount.

I use a cheap grinder and like there to be a little bit of very fine powder. Gives the coffee an extra nutty flavor. 

The 1 cup of beans makes 2 actual coffee cups worth. lol

That's a beastly mix!

I'm at about 1.25 tbsp for a cup.  I'll try upping my game.