Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Every time I look at German cars, I end up back at the 300hp turbo’d Honda. More reliable and newer car for the same price.

Great power to weight ratio. Unless we are comparing to the 600 horse M5. 

Just noticed this morning that Parts Express started carrying CSS products. 

3 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Just noticed this morning that Parts Express started carrying CSS products. 

I won't even consider them.  They changed ownership and the new owners immediately jacked the prices up.  No thanks.  

5 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I won't even consider them.  They changed ownership and the new owners immediately jacked the prices up.  No thanks.  

Thanks for the heads up... being as you’re the one that suggested them to me. Lol

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

BMW and V8 early was a monster fail.

Let me tell you about the first year on their reverse flow first year V8.

Hahaha

37 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Alright brofessor, I checked my water temp for you. I’m brewing at about 190 degrees.

Also measured the coffee after grinding. Was still almost a cup. 

I bet I'm going in a little too hot.

It's my curse.  Thanks for your feedback.  I wasnt actually worried about exact temp but it's nice to know.  They have electric kettles that take you right to your desired temp now for read and such.  I wonder how accurate it is.

I'm definitely at a tablespoon per cup.  I may bring that ratio up but I am pretty happy.

Today might be a good testing day.  Only got a couple hours of sleep.  Forgot to renew the tabs so I had to drive the wife to work so I could go get tabs at the DMV.  I should probably take a nap to make up for my tragic mistakes and misfortune, but why when I can cause an arrhythmia via coffee.

Speaking of brofessor my workout yesterday was super legit.  Repped 225 on flat and 215 on decline with reasonable ease.  That has been a struggle while cutting.

Standard bro day work out with my buddy is steep incline, incline, flat dumbell, then flat barbell, decline barbell, leg raised tricep dips, chest pull overs with a hip thrust, skull crushers, tricep kickbacks superset with tricep overhead dumbell extensions, heavy bar curl, seated incline dumbell curls superset with spider dumbell curls, then preacher curls.

3 sets each.

38 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Every time I look at German cars, I end up back at the 300hp turbo’d Honda. More reliable and newer car for the same price.

I dont buy that it's more reliable than the twin power inline 6.  At all.  That inline 6 has been one of the most awarded engines ever. 

I don't know shit about Honda other than all my friends who have the sporty ones all got rid of them and all the late model sporty ones had issues right after the warranty dropped. 

I don't buy the hype about reliable fun Asian sports cars anymore.  Maybe some Acura vehicles are not terrible but I hope I never have to drive a fwd or (AWD with front bias) car again, unless technology gets way better.  I feel less safe, especially on ice or snow. I didnt nkw what confidence in a car was until the germans.

38 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I bet I'm going in a little too hot.

It's my curse.  Thanks for your feedback.  I wasnt actually worried about exact temp but it's nice to know.  They have electric kettles that take you right to your desired temp now for read and such.  I wonder how accurate it is.

I'm definitely at a tablespoon per cup.  I may bring that ratio up but I am pretty happy.

Today might be a good testing day.  Only got a couple hours of sleep.  Forgot to renew the tabs so I had to drive the wife to work so I could go get tabs at the DMV.  I should probably take a nap to make up for my tragic mistakes and misfortune, but why when I can cause an arrhythmia via coffee.

I've required an extra couple cups a few days this week. Which was good as i'm not measuring shit making that first pot.

I use a stove top kettle and pour when it starts rattling, thinking it was almost boiling. Boiling being 200 degrees at my altitude. 

I tend to use a little less when I spoil myself with single origin beans. Maybe 2/3's cup. None under the $20 a pound mark to suggest though.

https://store.kauaicoffee.com/kauai-coffee-er-mundo-novo-p11.aspx

https://citizenbean.com/pages/prices

Love a good Guatemalan bean too!

45 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I dont buy that it's more reliable than the twin power inline 6.  At all.  That inline 6 has been one of the most awarded engines ever. 

I don't know shit about Honda other than all my friends who have the sporty ones all got rid of them and all the late model sporty ones had issues right after the warranty dropped. 

I don't buy the hype about reliable fun Asian sports cars anymore.  Maybe some Acura vehicles are not terrible but I hope I never have to drive a fwd or (AWD with front bias) car again, unless technology gets way better.  I feel less safe, especially on ice or snow. I didnt nkw what confidence in a car was until the germans.

You are probably right. In this case ignorance truly is bliss. 

I will definitely test drive some BM'ers the next time I need to buy a car. I admit the price of a used one is more affordable than I imagined. 

As far as rwd vs fwd on ice and snow, we will have to agree to disagree. 

190-195 is just fine, I'd error on the slightly higher temp as the extraction degrades if you get under 190

18 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

I will definitely test drive some BM'ers the next time I need to buy a car. I admit the price of a used one is more affordable than I imagined. 

New Mustang does a killer BMW impression.  So much so I would actually prefer to drive one over the equivalent BMW.

Of course then the problem of interior pops up.  If they got smart and made a 4 door Mustang with the guts of a Lincoln I'd buy one.  Obviously Ford thinks I am the only one.

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I will clarify.  I don't want a Corvette for snow days.  Or an M3 even.  But the FWD biased AWD is scary as shit for braking.  If I had an RWD sports car, not just comfy car, I would want an SUV or truck also.  The expedition never failed me in RWD mode but I did put it in 4wd when the weather got crazy and I wanted to play.

The 550 has xdrive and it's great. All the FWD cars I've driven in the snow and FWD biased AWD vehicles pull to one side when braking or accelerating and that's scary as fuck now that I've felt what it's like to not have that torque steer

Edited by dem beats

Best car in the snow I ever owned was my 944 Turbo S.  KILLS anything else.

My M5 was completely fine as well.  More sure footed than the big ugly which has AWD and snow tires.

FWD is downright idiotic in a snow belt.  I have had to shovel out at least 20 cars in my driveway in the winter.  ALL of them were FWD.  I will not let anyone in my family ever drive a FWD car here.

That and all FWD cars drive like shit.  Hate 'em.

But it is by far worse in the winter.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Best car in the snow I ever owned was my 944 Turbo S.  KILLS anything else.

My M5 was completely fine as well.  More sure footed than the big ugly which has AWD and snow tires.

FWD is downright idiotic in a snow belt.  I have had to shovel out at least 20 cars in my driveway in the winter.  ALL of them were FWD.  I will not let anyone in my family ever drive a FWD car here.

The first Porsche I ever drove was a 1986 944 turbo! Fell in love and bought a 1982 924 turbo project car. Never did anything to that except dream. 

For now I had to trade my Porsche dream in on another house, 1938 plymouth, 1961 plymouth, and a 2016 f-150.

9 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Thanks for the heads up... being as you’re the one that suggested them to me. Lol

Shit, it must have been a while ago.  They changed ownership a few months ago.

8 hours ago, dem beats said:

GO drive a new Civic Si or especially the Type R.  They're amazing machines. 

I agree with you on the engine, but only on the engine.  The rest of the German will fall apart around it.  The Honda, not so much.  Well, at least the ones in the last 15 years or so.  Older ones rust quicker than rust.

I would much rather prefer to work on an Asian car over a German though. 

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

New Mustang does a killer BMW impression.  So much so I would actually prefer to drive one over the equivalent BMW.

Of course then the problem of interior pops up.  If they got smart and made a 4 door Mustang with the guts of a Lincoln I'd buy one.  Obviously Ford thinks I am the only one.

No, their sales say otherwise.   What they don't realize is their sedans are such shit, nobody wants to buy them.  THAT'S why they don't sell like trucks.

Trust me, I email Lincoln every time I think about buying a new car and test drive another Lincoln. 

Best vehicle I've had in the snow was my Mark with some good shoes!