Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I've got a FS130 at work, the line is old and been going through it like water.  Picked up a blower at the Stihl place the other day and they had some new mixed line that I picked up.  Should be running it this week to see how it works.  I think its the CF3 line, he hadn't heard anything bad about it and they'd been selling it so we'll give it a go.  

I got the echo 225 that is a combo blower and weed whacker.

The blower is meh, but is good for blowing off the porch and patio (which is all I intended to use it for)

I usually putz around the perimeter of my property whacking weeds at half throttle. Starts every time. I switched to the pre mixed ethanol free, expensive as shit fuel because I use so little in a year I never run through a gallon. I also bought ~15 years worth of line because it was a cheap buy (echo brand as well).

Also will throw out that I used multiple trimmers before my ourchase. Stihl130 Troy Bilt 4 stroke and Echo. I was most pleased with the echo for my use.

I've got a big ass Echo.  It rocks.  It uses the bigger cord (80??) and yes the bigger cord makes a huge difference.  Mine will shoot landscapinng rocks 30' easy.

Damn.  

I hope that size of the trimmer wouldn't matter.

Thanks gents.

Never had an issue with our 130, just a big damn trimmer.  

So just swapped the tail light and brake light bulbs to the Sylvia LED bulbs $40 worth..Actually had the cheap wish.com LED 3157 bulbs that the original owner put in that had some diodes that were blinking..I wonder how long these Sylvia LED's will last? I would think I would never have to replace them again idk

1 hour ago, topgun said:

Never had an issue with our 130, just a big damn trimmer.  

The 90fs feels weak.

48 minutes ago, topgun said:

You chopping trees?

Not with the whip.  But it feels weak.  I figured that it would be good enough.  I have 3/4 acre and for whatever reason I grow more wooded weeds than grass.

Two dried up ponds are a nightmare. 

Got screwed out of another car today.  WTF?

20 minutes ago, topgun said:

Put a blade on it.  

Deal.  I have one but I doubt it's gonna help with soft targets.

I trim trees with mine....which is one of the reasons I want a chainsaw.

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I trim trees with mine....which is one of the reasons I want a chainsaw.

I would say the 441 or 461 would make you very happy.  You're strong enough that the weight won't piss you off too much, and having the ability to put a longer bar on the saw is nice because of your height. 

They are the same weight.  The 441 MS has engine management where the 461 does not, I believe. So, 461 might be your best option on paper because the extra 2 pounds from the 661 will only slow you down as you're not sinking it into big wood. 

I get really tired with this saw, but it will cut big hard wood.  I feel like the RPMs are slower than the 441, and that means the 441 will probably process firewood faster.  I havent used a 461 so I can't give you a personal take.  I can tell you that the largest trees I've ever cut were with a 441, long before I got my 661 when I worked for the state and it was fine.

The larger saw was a waste of money for me so far.  The tree i planned on dropping is looking really healthy now.  I could have cut the pines with a farm boss honestly.  The one saving grace of these big saws is having a long bar.  It saves my back so much when I'm limbing. I can't stress that comfort enough.

Ungh.

Drunnk.

Kinda. 

Bones hurt.

Edited by dem beats

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

Ungh.

Drunnk.

Kinda. 

Bones hurt.

I do not miss the aches and pains associated with drinking at all..Or the feeling like death the next day.

Guys I am now installing Trane,American Standard,and Gree..Not been real impressed with their units really not much difference in the latest equipment than any other manufacturer.

1 hour ago, mikel7829 said:

I do not miss the aches and pains associated with drinking at all..Or the feeling like death the next day.

Ha.

I drink when my arthritis flares up.  I'm one of the lucky ones where it helps the pain.  My pain meds back me up so bad I have had to completely stop unless I'm in so much pain I can barely move.  I don't drink all that much anymore so the booze affects me.  Nice having a low tolerance because it takes so much fucking ethanol to get my levels up it's not a good value.

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Sorry :(

I was just being a big baby last night.  Last week was really bad for pain and I decided I should tie one on.  It was good.

:D

3 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Guys I am now installing Trane,American Standard,and Gree..Not been real impressed with their units really not much difference in the latest equipment than any other manufacturer.

I don't know what you're working on, but the commercial RTUs have been that way for a while.  Only changes or differences I come across are on the control side.  Kinda like cars. .  They're all using the same parts by the same manufacturers designed to their price point.

7 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I don't know what you're working on, but the commercial RTUs have been that way for a while.  Only changes or differences I come across are on the control side.  Kinda like cars. .  They're all using the same parts by the same manufacturers designed to their price point.

I am doing mostly all residential now from change outs to alot of new construction  "a couple of houses a day at least" I just really dont see why people pay the extra for the name and its not a few bucks extra its literally a couple thousand..A 2 1/2 ton Goodman complete change out would run close to 3K while a Trane will be more 6K

It's all in the name.  You hit that right on the head. 

After looking at Chainsaws today, thinking that applies to Stihl as well.

The Husky, Echo, & Dolmar all were compelling.