Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

They called me this morning.  It sold last night.  

17 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Send me some one year and I will review it online for you..lol...I am on a corn kick just got more for tonight to go with the lasagna

I’m imagine the Olathe is the same lineage as the Silver Queen. Just bred to grow at higher altitudes. Is very light colored, almost white. This years came out extra soft with very little starch. So sweet and yummy! 

51 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

They called me this morning.  It sold last night.  

Seems to be your luck eh!

On 8/19/2018 at 3:02 PM, dem beats said:

My arthritis flare up has lasted almost a whole month now.

I'm getting pretty annoyed with this.  

Have you had any steroid shots done? Seemed to help the W with hers. For a few months at a time at least.

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Going to any forum it is easy to come to that conclusion.  In Husqvarna vs Stihl vs Echo vs Dolmar threads within 5 posts an answer is always, "go with the best dealer".  This implies you will need service.  I am fine with servicing, but not okay with needing someone else to do the service.  Same on the snowmobile.

If you only plan on using it a few time a year, it shouldn’t need service for years. 

I have a Poulan I found in the middle of the road about 15 years ago, and has never needed service. lol

Crazy to see that a used 026 still go’s for $300... the price of a new one from any other company you listed. 

The spring chickens started laying eggs quick this year. I’m getting 5 eggs a day. 

Cracked 3 double yoked ones in a row the other day. 

I lost another good friend this week. Nothing like a bunch of death to remind one of the brevity of life. 

The real question is what to make for dinner?...And quiche is the winner!

8 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I lost another good friend this week. Nothing like a bunch of death to remind one of the brevity of life. 

When it rains it storms, when it storms hails.

I'm sorry it's hitting you back to back.  It's good you can find focus through the loss.

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Pork chops and potatoes "braised" on crocks with cheese and cream.  It's like scalloped potatoes but so much better.

9 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

If you only plan on using it a few time a year, it shouldn’t need service for years. 

I have a Poulan I found in the middle of the road about 15 years ago, and has never needed service. lol

Crazy to see that a used 026 still go’s for $300... the price of a new one from any other company you listed. 

Visited a stihl, husqvarna and echo dealer today.  Nonpro models from stihl and husky are not impressive

We ate a half pound of brie, a load of homemade sour dough, a lb of shrimp, corn that was picked this am with some refridgerator picklrs and caprese.  All veg was grown within 20mi of me.

That is the saddest part of winter.  No csa

Unless of course it doesnt snow

2 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

All vag was grown within 20mi of me.

It's best when it's local and fresh.

We make a sour cream refrigerated pickle.  One of my childhood favorites, onions cucumber and served on fresh cut tomatoes. 

6 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Roast with baby red taters,baby carrots,and onions..wish it would hurry up and get done.

4 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Roast with baby red taters,baby carrots,and onions..wish it would hurry up and get done.

Sounds delicious. 

What are you roasting?

Londion broil..it was pretty awesome a lot leftover for a snack tonight when I wake up with this RLS crap.For some reason this past month I have had a severe case of RLS every night when I try to lay down it drives me bonkers..have no idea what's causing it or why it started out of the blue.

1 hour ago, mikel7829 said:

Londion broil..it was pretty awesome a lot leftover for a snack tonight when I wake up with this RLS crap.For some reason this past month I have had a severe case of RLS every night when I try to lay down it drives me bonkers..have no idea what's causing it or why it started out of the blue.

Over the counter, GABA.

Rx, gabapentin. 

I take gabapentin for my arthritis to help me sleep.  The wife takes it for RLS.

I will tell you this though, if you are someone who responds to GABA it is one of the best sleep aids in the world.  I have insomnia that that even 20mg of melatonin and hard sleeping pills won't touch.  GABA isnt that magical at making to sleep, however it significantly increases the quality of your sleep.  It makes 4 hours act like 6-8 hours for me when I'm hurting or just dealing with pain.  I buy it in bulk on amazon.  Start off with one heaping teaspoon and move up from there.  It's proven to help with GH release in white papers.  I take it for the quality sleep though.  I dont know  it helps me with GH release exactly but the higher quality/more sleep will help you be less prone to unhealthy snacking.  It's a staple supplement for me lately and any time my body is rebelling against me.  

I think true nutrition has it but this is an amazing price and if you have prime.... well there you go.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E7TWV4I/ref=mp_s_a_1_13_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1531487103&sr=8-13&keywords=gaba&th=1&psc=1

We buy it by the kilo.  Wife doesn't respond that well, so she edges on 3 tbsp and is 90 pounds lighter than myself.  It seems to be incredibly safe even in high doses.  Clinical trials go >15 grams with no issue.   Read up on the white papers and if you like what you read check it out.  I find it incredibly helpful when I'm struggling to get rest.

Edited by dem beats

I just took a nap on the couch but it's about time for me to dose up and go to sleep in fact. :D.  I was up making stock all night and did 4 miles on highest to middle resistance on the elliptical so I could make use of my sleepless torture. The GABA made it so that the 4 hours or flipping around in pain were at least somewhat restorative. 

The only warning is that if you are a responder you will feel a tingling sensation.  Then a cooling sensation especially if you run hot like me.  Finally the dreams might be extra vivid and you might remember them.

For someone like me who can go through periods where I only get a few hours a night and now that I have crazy flare up pain, it's a real comfort.  

Edited by dem beats

One other warning, makes sexy time last forever.  Not like whiskey dick, just an extreme increase in stamina, at least for me.

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Visited a stihl, husqvarna and echo dealer today.  Nonpro models from stihl and husky are not impressive

If you are considering a builder, perhaps check the pawnshops. 

10 hours ago, dem beats said:

One other warning, makes sexy time last forever.  Not like whiskey dick, just an extreme increase in stamina, at least for me.

Sounds tempting. Not sure the W could handle much more though. lol

12 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Listen to my man Matt. He is steering you in the right direction. The gabapentin is the go to for anyone I have ever known with RLS.

58 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Sounds tempting. Not sure the W could handle much more though. lol

It's pretty amazing stuff considering it's just an amino acid.

Everyone I have turned onto it has had great results. Maybe I'm affected more because of my ADHD, insomnia, and pain levels.