Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Shit, mine came on 3 weeks ago.  Woke up and it was 68 in the house.  WAY too cold for me.

I’m pretty sure I have a little more padding on my bones the you do. Lmao

Had to air up everybody’s car tires this morning also, was not one of them over 30 psi. 

4 hours ago, nem said:

Awesome! Just don't let him fall for do the wash, clay, and IPA wipe unless the paint is perfect. (people are doing that) I believe you must always correct everything in the paint before applying even if it is just a light cut to remove oxidation then a polish.

I have a local detail shop that is doing work I don't agree with, but people are still paying them. I have fixed one car with swirl marks under the ceramic and that was several hours of cutting and bringing back to a high polish. 

I am always here to help as much as I can. My goal is the best bang for the money as the most expensive ceramics can be quite misleading with their advertising and marketing.

I will pass this info onto him. Thanks Neal.

4 hours ago, nem said:

< This guy is still running the A/C.

3 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Same here...Still in the 90's down here.

Shit I don’t even have A/C. Is so dry here most just have swamp coolers. (Evaporate cooler for you non-Coloradoan’s):lol:

Got that thing drained and the spriklers blow out too. We usually get our first freeze before the end of October.

13 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Shit, mine came on 3 weeks ago.  Woke up and it was 68 in the house.  WAY too cold for me.

I have the windows open as it dips into the low 40's.

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Shit I don’t even have A/C. Is so dry here most just have swamp coolers. (Evaporate cooler for you non-Coloradoan’s):lol:

Humidity here is the worst...this 90 degrees feels like 110 but sticky sometimes I find it hard to breath outside and I'm used to it

My boat is still at my dock...but I don't think it will get used.  Just want to get it warm on the water before putting it on the trailer so I can winterize it warm.

18 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Humidity here is the worst...this 90 degrees feels like 110 but sticky sometimes I find it hard to breath outside and I'm used to it

I’m right at 6,000ft elevation. Low landers struggle to breathe here when visiting. Especially if they go for a hike.  

your telling me Mikey! The humidity was right around 90 percent when I visited the south this summer. Sweat rashes all over the place. 

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

My boat is still at my dock...but I don't think it will get used.  Just want to get it warm on the water before putting it on the trailer so I can winterize it warm.

Sitting on the dock of the bay...:P

10 hours ago, dem beats said:

I have the windows open as it dips into the low 40's.

The cold makes the bones ache anymore. I use to run around in shorts almost all winter. :lol:

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

The cold makes the bones ache anymore. I use to run around in shorts almost all winter. :lol:

No ache from my bones until it gets below 20.  Usually closer to the single digits and below zero.  Unfortunately that is pretty frequent here.

46 degrees Freedomheight and I just opened the window another few inches and aimed the fan at my balls.

Got the flop sweats getting over this sinus infection. 

6 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I’m right at 6,000ft elevation. Low landers struggle to breathe here when visiting. Especially if they go for a hike.  

your telling me Mikey! The humidity was right around 90 percent the when I visited the south this summer. Sweat rashes all over the place. 

96% now at the moment..Usually is high here this time of morning,but will not drop much as it gets later in the morning..Just will be sticky and hot.

3 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

96% now at the moment..Usually is high here this time of morning,but will not drop much as it gets later in the morning..Just will be sticky and hot.

That’s why they call it “relative” humidity. LOL 

Seriously though. When I was out there once It got below about 80° it was 100%. 

8 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

That’s why they call it “relative” humidity. LOL 

Seriously though. When I was out there once It got below about 80° it was 100%. 

Every morning here it's about 100%..Makes for a miserable morning working outside.

Move North.  That is terrible.

26 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

I don't normally bore you guys with my art, but wanted to show of my painting! LOL

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: 2 people

My fat ass for size referance. Hopefully get it clear coated tomorrow! Woot!

I wish I had 1/10th of that ability.  I'm working on a ~4'x8' canvas right now.  I hate everything about it so far.

:D

Also, you look like a thin Bert Kirshner in that pic.  Doing good brochacho chip.  "He ain't heavy.  He's my brother!"

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I don't normally bore you guys with my art, but wanted to show of my painting! LOL

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: 2 people

My fat ass for size referance. Hopefully get it clear coated tomorrow! Woot!

Damn!

Love your art work J! One day I want some in my skin! :)

I was asked to do an older Mustang Cobra. 93 or 94 can't remember for sure.

He claims it was taken to a professional detailed and there are swirl marks left they can't get out.

When I get it in the garage I will take some pictures.

5 minutes ago, nem said:

I was asked to do an older Mustang Cobra. 93 or 94 can't remember for sure.

He claims it was taken to a professional detailed and there are swirl marks left they can't get out.

When I get it in the garage I will take some pictures.

If it's a '93 and red it's a single stage paint.  If it's a '94, it should be base/clear.  

Hoping it's a 93.  I LOVE the Fox Cobras!

31 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

If it's a '93 and red it's a single stage paint.  If it's a '94, it should be base/clear.  

Hoping it's a 93.  I LOVE the Fox Cobras!

Here is the picture he just sent me.

3077.jpeg

Teal '93.  Sweet car!