Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I tell you what, you got me thinking with the ceramic now.

Different product, but hydrophobic, so. . .   I picked up some of that Rustoleum Never Wet at the dollar store.  I'm going to coat my engine bay and the engine itself.  Hopefully it will hold up well.  Hard to resist for only $1.

Matt, I'm no beast.  It you can unplug some wires and remove bolts, you can easily swap an engine.  The chassis were nearly all the same in the Mustangs from 1979-2004.  I call them the modern day Beetle.  There's nothing to them really.  Very simple and crude actually, but fun to beat the snot out of and that's what I plan on doing.

I got the trans separated and cleaned today.  Took off everything else I need to swap over and when removing the oil pan, I found pieces of the timing chain guides which is what I thought was the problem.  I'll know more once I teardown, but I don't plan on doing that until this thing is up and running.

5 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I tell you what, you got me thinking with the ceramic now.

Different product, but hydrophobic, so. . .   I picked up some of that Rustoleum Never Wet at the dollar store.  I'm going to coat my engine bay and the engine itself.  Hopefully it will hold up well.  Hard to resist for only $1.

Worth a try, nothing to loose.

Funny side note, when I bought the car, it had an enclosure in the trunk with some old Kappas in it.  They were green cones and I remember having a set of those in HS.  I think they were the first Kappa subs actually.  So I got to talking to the dude and he told me he was MECP certified and this car used to be his demo vehicle.  Check the pictures below for the most professional installation.

I know some of you have played with them, but does anyone have any input on the Evils 6.5s in-door?  I'm just looking for shit to drop in the place of the factory stuff.  I'll need to construct baffles, but that's simple.  No deadening or anything.  Just using the factory weather seal in place. . . .   Well, if it's still there.  I guess I should remove the door panels and check.

I run them in the 4runner doors, stock location. Powered by the SSA IC 150.4. 

They replaced AA carbons I was running. Direct swap and they sound very close, all I had to do was add a little more mid bass.

That install is amazing! ;)

5 hours ago, nem said:

Every job I do is time spent with my FIL. Doing this is such a release and trip down memory lane for me. I know it sounds weird, but that helps me keep things in perspective. 

Not weird at all.

I would like something like that.  Life has been rough and I don't have the positive relationship with the W now, so me building one with the FIL feels hollow.  He is a great human, I just don't know if it's a good idea considering the turbulence I'm dealing with.

11 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

j8j6Uir.jpg

UpYiIN8.jpg

1tHmQ3Z.jpg

7sHorrO.jpg

nice..must of kept a sharp blade in the sawzall..

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

Is that on the mustang engine swap?

It is.

Drive my sisters Trackhawk.  It would actually be a reasonable replacement for the big ugly.  $99.5k for a Jeep tho....fuck

Spent my week in Kentucky, West Virginia and North Carolina;  three places that I do not belong.

I did enjoy driving around and through WV though.

Light bulb spammer !!! lol 

Ride through the Smoky Mountains

Work, work, work.  Heading to Texas in a few weeks.

Any snow up there yet Sean? We are actually under a freeze advisory tonight.

35 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Any snow up there yet Sean? We are actually under a freeze advisory tonight.

Snow a few days this week.   Nothing stuck however. 

We got four days of snow in a row last week. There is bunches left on the mountaintops.  Pretty sure we have at least one ski slope getting ready to open.

Snow???? Not ready for that mess, I haven't even really packed up the kayaks yet.

This car showed up today.

MVIMG_20181022_104657.jpg