Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

7 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Well got rear ended in Denver last night, in the Jeep. Thankfully was low enough speed no one was hurt and the airbags didn’t deploy. Rear bumper didn’t fair to well though. 

After chatting for a few found out the gentleman was born in the same small town as me. Could tell he was just glad we weren’t pissy at him.

Glad everyone is ok!

Lost my playoff soccer game.

Coached my boys to a tie, which we should have lost.

Ravens looked like poo.

Maryland lost to M St. bad.

PSU lost to Michigan.

I am about to lose for the first time in 7 weeks in Fantasy Football.

Almost a clean sweep!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Need to get ready for the Ruckus show this weekend.  No time to do brakes before Friday and sure as hell not going to pay a shop or dealer $1500.

On 11/4/2018 at 9:27 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Interesting. I’d shot you a text last week. I assumed the no response was due to you being slammed.

Timing. Was knee deep in shit.  Slammed indeed.  Sorry.

Bad storms coming tonight, maybe tornados gonna get no sleep got to keep a eye on it.

5 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Bad storms coming tonight, maybe tornados gonna get no sleep got to keep a eye on it.

Hope the storm calms down before it get's there.

Edited by dem beats

Sent out a news letter, but it was mostly for store updates.

Didn't quite beat all the krauts tonight cart racing.  Being huge is not fair.  .2 seconds off.  Aargh.

33 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Didn't quite beat all the krauts tonight cart racing.  Being huge is not fair.  .2 seconds off.  Aargh.

They should all have to have a weighted bag to even it out!  Germans always optimizing in their favor.

Probably all part of their German Super Soldier Program. 

19 hours ago, dem beats said:

Hope the storm calms down before it get's there.

actually all counties around me had EF2 tornados..except one county had a EF1 only one women was killed as far as I know roof caved in on her..I am telling y'all Tennesee has some of the craziest weather it got bad here woke me up at 2am but know tornado just serious strait line winds,rain and thunder.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:57 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

I've been diversifying a bunch.  I am jumping on a bunch of really nice dividend growth stocks that are kind of set it and forget it.

Mind sharing some info there?? I'd like to get to that point, and whileI understand a decent bit of the info, it's not enough to make the most solid decisions.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:39 PM, dem beats said:

I've just transitioned to emotional and crippling financial pain.

As Aaron said, what can we do to help? I'm not on much but always happy to lend an ear. I also have a couch you are more than welcome to crash on.

J

I do have a question for you guys. I'm currently working on my BS in Management and Organizational Leadership with a focus in Entrepreneurialship. Earlier this semester I took into to project management, and had a professor pull me to the side and ask why the hell I'm not in PM. As he put it, 'you present accurately, smartly, and with more balls than most people with 5-10 years of doing this. Honestly this was one of the 10 best projects I have ever seen presented, and top 3 of all students. Will you please consider switching to PM?' As for his background, he has his Doctorate, has been a professor for 10 years, was a PM with waste management for many years, and is also a USMC Veteran.

This honestly stuck with me, and I'm really debating it. Depending on how much additional school I would need, do you guys believe the juice is worth the squeeze long term? Would the BS in this area be worth more long term, and offer more opportunities?

i still dream of owning my own shop, I just know that at this moment in time, it's not an option. I want to plan my backup accordingly.

J

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I do have a question for you guys. I'm currently working on my BS in Management and Organizational Leadership with a focus in Entrepreneurialship. Earlier this semester I took into to project management, and had a professor pull me to the side and ask why the hell I'm not in PM. As he put it, 'you present accurately, smartly, and with more balls than most people with 5-10 years of doing this. Honestly this was one of the 10 best projects I have ever seen presented, and top 3 of all students. Will you please consider switching to PM?' As for his background, he has his Doctorate, has been a professor for 10 years, was a PM with waste management for many years, and is also a USMC Veteran.

This honestly stuck with me, and I'm really debating it. Depending on how much additional school I would need, do you guys believe the juice is worth the squeeze long term? Would the BS in this area be worth more long term, and offer more opportunities?

i still dream of owning my own shop, I just know that at this moment in time, it's not an option. I want to plan my backup accordingly.

J

Both classes teach you how to be a cog in a wheel.  IMO neither lend themselves to entrepreneurship directly. Org leadership might help with leadership skills but only at high level, project management will help with navigating complex problems but again, only withing certain context.

When you say open up a shop, what kind of shop do you want to open?

Education topic, and I am no help.  I have had no schooling outside of math, physics, english, chemistry.  Nothing practical here....so I am in sales.

As far as education I have had my fair share,some I did not apply myself very well and some I did.Most was wasted due to irresponsible partying.But I did excel in tech/trade type but not what I could or should have.Education is like anything else the more you put into it the better your results will be.I believe there is no useless education/classes etc. A lot may disagree some will say a certain class is useless but in one way or another it has its purpose in some sort of fashion..These days I am constantly reading y'all would be surprised at some of the research I do on my own,I love to learn.I wonder sometimes If I have killed all my brain cells that the brain normally uses,and since I have cleaned my act up was spared being completely retarded. And was fortunate enough to be able to use the side they claim we do not use or understand.lol

18 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Mind sharing some info there?? I'd like to get to that point, and whileI understand a decent bit of the info, it's not enough to make the most solid decisions.

J

Sure, I have a few nice dividend growth stocks that are a nice blend.  Just waiting on more dividends to buy more.  Repeat.

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Education topic, and I am no help.  I have had no schooling outside of math, physics, english, chemistry.  Nothing practical here....so I am in sales.

I feel like your degree is in fact practical and your sales talent is closer to art and less "practical". 

Depends on what your definition of is... is. .

:D

Good mass drop deal on cans.

Sennheiser 580s and 650s on that good good deal.

8 hours ago, dem beats said:

Good mass drop deal on cans.

Sennheiser 580s and 650s on that good good deal.

Where abouts?

I got zero sleep then drove for 2 hours to get a V belt for my furnace.  Blower fan stopped.

Needing a nap day.

I need heat!  55 is NOT warm enough to keep me healthy.

Tornados earlier this week..Freeze warning tonight.lol

11 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Needing a nap day.

I made it though work and seeing the BIL.....

So exhausted.   I hope I sleep all night.

Edited by dem beats