Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

31 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

It was.

PM me info please, trying to make a decision between a modest sized single amp or a bunch of little ones.

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

PM me info please, trying to make a decision between a modest sized single amp or a bunch of little ones.

Shoot me your address and I'll send it your way.  Use it til you're done with it.

Picked up a set of the Bose Quiet comfort 20 noise cancel earbuds for a trip this weekend, these are pretty neat.  

2 hours ago, topgun said:

Picked up a set of the Bose Quiet comfort 20 noise cancel earbuds for a trip this weekend, these are pretty neat.  

I bet they are.

I have the sport ones. Love them for yard work.

On 12/26/2017 at 11:57 AM, MKader17 said:

So rant time. I get super frustrated with people always raving about my cooking, asking how I do it and completely ignoring it.

Put salt pepper and butter on turkey. Put it on a rack in the oven with something under it and a thermometer in the breast. Wait till it reads 160*. Not any harder than what anyone else does, but instead people don't the exact same way they always have and then use the thermometer to find it's 200* and wonder why mine tastes better...

Just need to reiterate this rant again.

Gobble!!Gobble!!

Happy Turkey day fellers!!!

Everyone have a safe and happy holidays!!!

21 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Just need to reiterate this rant again.

Ha, the correct answer then is to make what you do so complicated no one else can do it.  Might make them feel better.

Anyone who cooks a bird to 200F should be shot.  If I was hosting T-giving it would mean a skinned bird, completely boned meat in the sous vide, and then utilize the carcass the day before to roast out for gravy.  Local grocery has necks and giblets cheap yesterday....meaning I will go get a bunch tomorrow and roast them down for future gravy.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Ha, the correct answer then is to make what you do so complicated no one else can do it.  Might make them feel better.

Anyone who cooks a bird to 200F should be shot.  If I was hosting T-giving it would mean a skinned bird, completely boned meat in the sous vide, and then utilize the carcass the day before to roast out for gravy.  Local grocery has necks and giblets cheap yesterday....meaning I will go get a bunch tomorrow and roast them down for future gravy.

Haha, I like that idea!

Would you not leave sone bone in the sous vide for the meat flavor?

Any "recipe" for giblet gravy?

Happy Thanksgiving to the SSA family. Hope you get to spend time with your fam or doing something relaxing.

On 11/21/2018 at 6:32 PM, Tirefryr said:

Shoot me your address and I'll send it your way.  Use it til you're done with it.

Haha, no, I would pay for it.

19 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Haha, I like that idea!

Would you not leave sone bone in the sous vide for the meat flavor?

Any "recipe" for giblet gravy?

Roast/brown the shit out of it with aromatics.  Deglaze, add enough to make it stock, run solids through a chinois, thicken with a roux. (after boiling down).  I can be more specific, but you'll have to ask.  :P

I don't believe that anything will be extracted out of the bones at 145F.  I also need them for the stock/gravy as they add flavor.

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Roast/brown the shit out of it with aromatics.  Deglaze, add enough to make it stock, run solids through a chinois, thicken with a roux. (after boiling down).  I can be more specific, but you'll have to ask.  :P

I don't believe that anything will be extracted out of the bones at 145F.  I also need them for the stock/gravy as they add flavor.

I think I get the basics. Im going to try a simple as can be baked turkey recipe with giblet gravy.

Really close to pulling the trigger on a Lenovo Yoga 720. Nice small form factor with some power and SSD. The wife needs a laptop to do work while watching the kiddo. Added benefit would be tablet mode to put recipes up on our recipe book stand.

The uber meat chunks get removed and pushed on in the chinois.

2 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Really close to pulling the trigger on a Lenovo Yoga 720. Nice small form factor with some power and SSD. The wife needs a laptop to do work while watching the kiddo. Added benefit would be tablet mode to put recipes up on our recipe book stand.

I looked at one hard, settled on a HP x360 spectre....actually my whole company did since I pick the pc's.  I liked it better when we chose than the Yoga for about the same $.  If you want a cheap internet machine, the Chromebooks are on sale right now.  I could imagine they could do everythign necessary...but haven't played with one, just saw the deal on them so I thought I'd comment.

You flying through MSP tomorrow morning Sean?  I've got a 1.5hr layover through there starting at 10:30.  

Assuming I'm not delayed with the upcoming snow here.  

12 hours ago, topgun said:

You flying through MSP tomorrow morning Sean?  I've got a 1.5hr layover through there starting at 10:30.  

Regrettably not.  Would be good to reconnect.  Could give you the Maggies back :P

No snow here.  Snocross kicked off in Duluth though.  SkiDoo came to play which they haven't bothered to recently.

Helps to have a new chassis and motor.  

Polaris may have to finally move to fuel injection.

lol.

Means my sled is still the current race sled.  Easy as Fuck to work on ftmfw!