Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

2019 Mazda 3, supposed to be available with AWD and manual.

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Appreciate it guys!!

That is Noodles. He is a great guy, and that 'up neck' shot is one of my favorite concert photos to date.

J

Photos awesome.  He is a nice guy too.

My friend just showed me her portfolio after following Smashing pumpkins.  She got the reunion show with James and that was awesome.

17 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

2019-mazda-mazda-3-104-1543341698.jpg

I've been waiting for this since the Kai came out.  Can't wait to see more images.

Some styling queues from the RX-Vision.

Looks a bit far removed from the concept.  Obviously, but I'll have to see it in person.  The AWD and manual has my interest piqued though.  I just has to be cheaper than a Mustang.

7 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

2019-mazda-mazda-3-104-1543341698.jpg

Is that thing pregnant?  So sexy in front and SO UGLY in the rear :(

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Is that thing pregnant?  So sexy in front and SO UGLY in the rear :(

Panamera syndrome!

Edited by dem beats

Yeah, I actually like the sedan better.

All the attempted GT cars that are coming out look terrible.  GM cancelled the Aztek for a reason....

Mazda REALLY needs 2 things.

1- RWD

2- A luxury line.  if they would Acura/Lexus/Infiniti their cars they would be a huge step up from the rest of the Japanese luxobombs

Have you been inside a Mazda lately?  Their interiors are simply amazing, especially considering their pricing compared to others.  Even their plastic bits have a soft touch to them.  I don't think they have the resources or need to have a dedicated luxury line.  Their target consumer is budget minded.  It's always been that way for them.

RWD is covered by the coveted Miata, err MX-5.  There is also a new RX in the works as well that I believe they are planning on being a budget friendly Supra.

I have been in their new cars.  They drastically need a luxury line.  If they had one they could put a serious hurting on Lexus/Acura/Infiniti as the base Mazda platform and interior is world's better than the Toyota/Honda/Nissan options.  Exactly why I think they can't afford to NOT have one.  As for resources, they have plenty.  More than Hyundai did 8 years ago...and now the Genesis is also nicer than the Japanese luxo bombs.  I keep waiting for the Genesis sport ute to come out.  Then you will start to see them everywhere.

RWD is not covered by the Miata.  It should be in every car they make that isn't a 3.  I will never own a FWD car again and really prefer to not have AWD.  It is the sole reason I am contemplating upgrading the Escalade as the newer ones you can shut off the AWD.

18 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I have been in their new cars.  They drastically need a luxury line.  If they had one they could put a serious hurting on Lexus/Acura/Infiniti as the base Mazda platform and interior is world's better than the Toyota/Honda/Nissan options.  Exactly why I think they can't afford to NOT have one.  As for resources, they have plenty.  More than Hyundai did 8 years ago...and now the Genesis is also nicer than the Japanese luxo bombs.  I keep waiting for the Genesis sport ute to come out.  Then you will start to see them everywhere.

RWD is not covered by the Miata.  It should be in every car they make that isn't a 3.  I will never own a FWD car again and really prefer to not have AWD.  It is the sole reason I am contemplating upgrading the Escalade as the newer ones you can shut off the AWD.

You are not their target market.  Hell, even I'm not.  They're just not going to cater to us.  Well, for the most part.

I love the Genesis comparison though; that's a GREAT point!

I know the RWD is a pipe dream of mine.  I only want it on Mazda's because I could actually drive one versus the boring ass other Japanese toasters on the market.  I am completely of the belief though they are missing the real opportunity in not having a luxury line.  It wouldn't appeal to me probably, but it would to those people that are buying Volvo, Acura, Lexus & Infiniti.  That is a huge market here and I assume nationwide.  In particular if you can keep up the great interiors and value which Mazda has proven they can.  

Yes.  Isn't that how you read what I typed above?  Mazda needs one

On 11/28/2018 at 6:19 PM, dem beats said:

Panamera syndrome!

Datbootydoe.

23 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Have you been inside a Mazda lately?  Their interiors are simply amazing, especially considering their pricing compared to others.  Even their plastic bits have a soft touch to them.  I don't think they have the resources or need to have a dedicated luxury line.  Their target consumer is budget minded.  It's always been that way for them.

RWD is covered by the coveted Miata, err MX-5.  There is also a new RX in the works as well that I believe they are planning on being a budget friendly Supra.

I want that new RX something bad.  At 41, I still have never bought a new car.  That could line up to be my first.

21 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I know the RWD is a pipe dream of mine.  I only want it on Mazda's because I could actually drive one versus the boring ass other Japanese toasters on the market.  I am completely of the belief though they are missing the real opportunity in not having a luxury line.  It wouldn't appeal to me probably, but it would to those people that are buying Volvo, Acura, Lexus & Infiniti.  That is a huge market here and I assume nationwide.  In particular if you can keep up the great interiors and value which Mazda has proven they can.  

As a Mazda lifer, owner, as well as a Volvo owner, it is a tough one.  Mazda had a massive price advantage new over the Volvo used with 41k on it.  The Mazda was all around great, but the feel on the road, the road noise isolation, the features, and tech of the older (now dated) Volvo was a big big step above the Mazda.  Yes, it is a not apples to apples as the Volvo has the T6 and tech package, and Mazda only has the I4 and no tech available.  That is hard for me to say as I am a Mazda kind of guy through and through.  Now if Mazda had a luxo-division, yes, I think it could go heads up with the Volvos.  I do still from time to time, want a Miata NC with a turbo, beefy sway, and some fatties.

20 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  Isn't that how you read what I typed above?  Mazda needs one

Yes.  You made perfect sense.

I was clarifying and confused about something while reading through this.  Not sure how I was confused.  I assume exhaustion. 

3 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

As a Mazda lifer, owner, as well as a Volvo owner, it is a tough one.  Mazda had a massive price advantage new over the Volvo used with 41k on it.  The Mazda was all around great, but the feel on the road, the road noise isolation, the features, and tech of the older (now dated) Volvo was a big big step above the Mazda.  Yes, it is a not apples to apples as the Volvo has the T6 and tech package, and Mazda only has the I4 and no tech available.  That is hard for me to say as I am a Mazda kind of guy through and through.  Now if Mazda had a luxo-division, yes, I think it could go heads up with the Volvos.  I do still from time to time, want a Miata NC with a turbo, beefy sway, and some fatties.

I think they would put distance amongst all the non-German luxos.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:16 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

I love those newer Valvos' always caught my eye.

What a Volvo looks like compared to an American car the Mazda does compared to the Japanese (non-premiums).  Exactly my point.  

Of course Volvo seats > all.  Just wish they would give real motor options in the XC90 as I'd be glad to drive one of those

Matt, how much should one expect to get a mattress price down?  W is wanting to get a King sized bed here end of the year ish. 

3 hours ago, topgun said:

Matt, how much should one expect to get a mattress price down?  W is wanting to get a King sized bed here end of the year ish. 

Clearance is the best deal.  Easily less than half.  

Other wise you should pay 50%-100% of the price.  Some brands don't do deals but the random couple hundred bucks off.  If you are a solid negotiator, expect about 25% off sticker.