Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Needs struts and a timing chain. The question is: Do I have the stomach to do the DOHC. And do I buy the Bilstein 5100's again or gamble with some KYB's or similar. 

43 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Ass raped by a toaster:lol:

apple_bloom_and_powdered_toast_man__by_s

Now to get the ABS light to shut off. Hoping is just in limp mode and will reset. 

3 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Someone's gettin' their salad tossed!

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

Someone's gettin' their salad tossed!

Make sure she's attentive to the sack while she's down there!

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

Make sure she's attentive to the sack while she's down there!

Maybe a little coughing and spelunking perhaps! 

13 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

So what you're really saying is you never should have purchased it.

Understatement.  Stupid thing is I knew it going in, but gave up and did it anyways since I was sick of looking for the bigger motor.

10 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

That is interesting.

And I HATE run flats.

9 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Sounds like a need vs want scenario. Would think the need to ditch the lemon would outweigh the want to save a little paper. especially factoring in unforeseeable future headaches.  

The only headaches are taken care of.  Considering the car is a toaster otherwise and I can't find other horror stories I thought maybe I am in the clear.  Worst case if something shitty happens I am only back to where I am now but of course even more anti BMW which is sad considering I've owned more than 20 of them.

8 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Where/how/why do you have access to finding that fast

18 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Powdered toast man is a gangster.

@nem

@Aaron Clinton

Thanks for the kindness in the cellphone thread.  All you guys are amazing.  I'm just coping with speed bump after speed bump.  I don't think I'll be homeless any time soon, but I'll let you know when I'm eating expired called beans and blowing guys for Jeffersons.

I'm optimistic for the first time in a loooooong time, but it is gonna hurt for a little while.

:-D

2 minutes ago, dem beats said:

@nem

@Aaron Clinton

Thanks for the kindness in the cellphone thread.  All you guys are amazing.  I'm just coping with speed bump after speed bump.  I don't think I'll be homeless any time soon, but I'll let you know when I'm eating expired called beans and blowing guys for Jeffersons.

I'm optimistic for the first time in a loooooong time, but it is gonna hurt for a little while.

Always willing to do what I can or give what I can Matt. Please don't forget that. :)

51 minutes ago, dem beats said:

@nem

@Aaron Clinton

Hey! 20 bucks is 20 bucks! :lol:

Seriously though, good to hear that things are at least pointed in the right direction my friend.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

The only headaches are taken care of.  Considering the car is a toaster otherwise and I can't find other horror stories I thought maybe I am in the clear.  Worst case if something shitty happens I am only back to where I am now but of course even more anti BMW which is sad considering I've owned more than 20 of them.

Fair enough. 

Fucked up thing for me is I hated Nissan and dodge the most growing up.  Somehow ended up owning both of them.

Now I think Toyota and Chevy top that list for me. Maybe VW/Audi for third place. 

Jeep goes in for repair on Monday! Finally!

Will be throwing a fit if the rental car is not adequate. 

Has really sucked loading up on groceries and getting to the car to remember the hatch doesn’t open. Doh.

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Hey! 20 bucks is 20 bucks! :lol:

Seriously though, good to hear that things are at least pointed in the right direction my friend.

They are pointed in a direction... not sure it's good, but even if worst happens.... I'll be ok.

I would even be fine "homeless". I'm pretty sure I have a strong enough net that someone could help me out with a couch or something.  I honestly believe that accepting the worst and then doing what you can to prevent that and improve the situation is one of the most important perspectives someone can have.  Let's say it was worse and i didnt have a car or place to sleep.  I can get a few $$ by blowing a few guys or some other odd job and then hop a train to a warmer place and start over.  Life is super hard I don't really feel that the pain of it changes based on status or wealth etc etc.  It's nice to have options in life but that's just a luxury that we have.  I don't take my fortunate starting point and pain tolerance for granted and I just accept that at any second the house of cards can fall.  

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Fair enough. 

Fucked up thing for me is I hated Nissan and dodge the most growing up.  Somehow ended up owning both of them.

Now I think Toyota and Chevy top that list for me. Maybe VW/Audi for third place. 

I really dislike Chevy. 

BMW isn't exactly my BFF now though.  Lol

I should have just got a dope 911.  At least I wouldn't care about the suffering if it was the real dream car.

23 minutes ago, dem beats said:

They are pointed in a direction... not sure it's good, but even if worst happens.... I'll be ok.

I would even be fine "homeless". I'm pretty sure I have a strong enough net that someone could help me out with a couch or something.  I honestly believe that accepting the worst and then doing what you can to prevent that and improve the situation is one of the most important perspectives someone can have.  Let's say it was worse and i didnt have a car or place to sleep.  I can get a few $$ by blowing a few guys or some other odd job and then hop a train to a warmer place and start over.  Life is super hard I don't really feel that the pain of it changes based on status or wealth etc etc.  It's nice to have options in life but that's just a luxury that we have.  I don't take my fortunate starting point and pain tolerance for granted and I just accept that at any second the house of cards can fall.  

You are pointed in the direction of calm, collected and content my friend. 

I feel we are only confined by our own circle of beliefs. Your beliefs are good ones and lend to an open mind. The rest will follow. :)

54 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I really dislike Chevy. 

BMW isn't exactly my BFF now though.  Lol

I should have just got a dope 911.  At least I wouldn't care about the suffering if it was the real dream car.

Maybe some day will own my first new car. Until can only dream.

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

And I HATE run flats.

I mean the Volvo having issues in the snow.

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

No idea.

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

@nem

@Aaron Clinton

Well I am here, even if you want to do some kosher kind of thing with SSA.