Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yikes, got a ride in a neighbors truck yesterday and he had wireless Android Auto, made me shop for headunits.  The Pioneer w8400nex has network mode and wireless AA.  If anyone ever see's them go reasonably somewhere I am all in.  Will have a Kenwood to part with then.

Didn't know they had wireless AA!

On 12/12/2018 at 10:26 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Yesterdays fun. After being locked out several times, I was in high hopes the door switch would fix an electrical gremlin with the door locks. No such luck. Testing actuators and checking wire today in hopes its not the BCM.  Could be the fob also.

On the plus the window works again! 

No automatic alt text available.

What year and type of vehicle? and are all of the locks being faulty at once? or is this just a certain door?

On 12/13/2018 at 3:30 PM, j-roadtatts said:

A 60’s Ford/Chevy 2wd truck lowered and tubbed in the rear. With a crown Vic front end and and a big block. That’s the real dream. That or a ‘55 Bel-air set up about the same. Yes please. :wub:

I been eye balling a few GN's except the one I would like asking price is $49,999 and for a non-daily driver is way out of my budget..I found a couple cheaper ones under 10k that needs TLC "or restored" that would be more fun anyway.

Put a new headliner in the Yukon this afternoon.  Didn't think it would take that long.  Came out alright for an amateur first attempt.  Had to do the visors and the ceiling console too, not sure how one is supposed to redo the visors, but they worked.  

Scraping a headliner board without power tools would suck.  Variable speed grinder and a wire brush worked well.  

If anyone is looking for a jump start pack, the NOCO GB40 seems like a pretty decent one.  Had one for a year or so, its started a 3.8L charged v6 without a battery.  Got a new one in this past week for the other vehicle, it started a 5.7L V8 without a battery too, I was impressed.  

17 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

What year and type of vehicle? and are all of the locks being faulty at once? or is this just a certain door?

2006 Nissan X.

After making a prognosis I started with the simplest thing. Which was the key fob. Long behold that was the root of the problem! Removed the battery and found my extra fob and all is well.

Now dealing with some wicked wheel wobble. Was on the passenger side and minimal before doing will bearings and tire rotation. Now is on the driver side and fairly severe. 

Pretty sure I have a radial belt separation going on. Possibly a bent rim. Have not been impressed with the BFG KO2’s. Really not going to be impressed if this is in fact true.

13 hours ago, topgun said:

Put a new headliner in the Yukon this afternoon.  Didn't think it would take that long.  Came out alright for an amateur first attempt.  Had to do the visors and the ceiling console too, not sure how one is supposed to redo the visors, but they worked.  

What material did you recover it with?

I wouldn’t mind seeing a picture? :D

The grinder is definitely my favorite and most versatile tool. When in doubt, break the grinder out!

13 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

2006 Nissan X.

After making a prognosis I started with the simplest thing. Which was the key fob. Long behold that was the root of the problem! Removed the battery and found my extra fob and all is well.

good deal.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:28 PM, ///M5 said:

Awesome.  They'd just be in a box here.  Dying to know what you will end up choosing.

Amusingly the RS’s have tickled me the most so far. They stay very well composed at my listening level. Crystal clear would be my description.

I’ll humbly admit it has taken swapping out a few in a short period of time to get 100% confident that I am getting the most out of my crossover settings. Now it’s on like Donkey Kong!

12 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

What material did you recover it with?

I wouldn’t mind seeing a picture? :D

Sunbrite headliner material.  I'll see if I can upload something tomorrow.  

I am sore today from cleaning the headliner board.  

Lost our soccer game last night by 1 goal.  :(

Went and laid on some Purple mattress yesterday, really liked them.

3 hours ago, topgun said:

Went and laid on some Purple mattress yesterday, really liked them.

Probably a fine bed.  I just have my doubts about longevity.

Good memory foam is amazing for a bed.  The gel stuff seems like garbage, but I don't know it's real details. 

I've got doubts too...  Debating doing their newer model with the pocketed spring base.  Need to go lay on some other mattresses though.  

On 12/15/2018 at 6:54 PM, mikel7829 said:

Wait Sean here is another for about $5 less.Both listings are for a BNIB and 100% positive feedback.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263787114680

Thanks for looking but I am way to cheap for that :)  Have to wait a year for the next model and then I will step up.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:38 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Amusingly the RS’s have tickled me the most so far. They stay very well composed at my listening level. Crystal clear would be my description.

I’ll humbly admit it has taken swapping out a few in a short period of time to get 100% confident that I am getting the most out of my crossover settings. Now it’s on like Donkey Kong!

The Dayton's are a poor mans W18...but with more usability.  Tweeters have balls too.

On 12/14/2018 at 12:50 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Speaking of the Mobile ES line, anyone interested in one of their underlit dealer signs? I have one sitting here and I don't see using it at all anytime soon.

J

Let's see here;

Tickets acquired

Bags packed

Going through ATL from Tampa with shit weather

First flight for my "kid sister" (roomie and best friend) 

First Hockey game for the kiddo and same sister's first game IN Buffalo

Should make for a good Christmas back in NY. Too bad no real snow in the forecast.

J

On 12/19/2018 at 3:13 PM, topgun said:

I've got doubts too...  Debating doing their newer model with the pocketed spring base.  Need to go lay on some other mattresses though.  

The brand concerns me, however, it should be good for 5 years.....  that's about the same as a $900 retail price set.

20 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Thanks for looking but I am way to cheap for that :)  Have to wait a year for the next model and then I will step up.

Understandable, I have to wait a few years before I can buy the latest models ..lol