Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I'm a HUGE fan of the individual wrapped coils. Usually not a fan of foam mattresses. Tried the Beauty-rest Silver recently and was very pleasantly surprised. Felt like a good balance of the two. Possibly worth a test drive Ryan. 

Why not learn how to vinyl wrap cars and offer it with ceramic protection!

On 12/19/2018 at 8:09 PM, ///M5 said:

The Dayton's are a poor mans W18...but with more usability.  Tweeters have balls too.

The lower midrange on the W18 was uncanny real. Def gotta try them again. You nailed it too, need to trim them in a little more on the settings next time.

The dash mat was really the game changer. Hesitated putting it in, as I hate the sight of them. Oh boy did it clean things up. 

10 minutes ago, nem said:

Oh Hell..... Why not?! :D

Grandbaby #2 should be here today!!! They are at the hospital getting induced already. 

1 minute ago, j-roadtatts said:

Grandbaby #2 should be here today!!! They are at the hospital getting induced already. 

Awesome news and gift! :woot:

3 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Oh Hell..... Why not?! :D

Funny people will pay for that plus ceramic on top. More so than paint correction and ceramic.

If they want I will deliver.

Prices people are willing to pay to change the color of their vehicle baffles me. 

6 minutes ago, nem said:

Awesome news and gift! :woot:

I’m beyond excited!

She doesn’t like anyone to be there, otherwise would be watching the whole thing go down.

1 minute ago, j-roadtatts said:

I’m beyond excited!

She doesn’t like anyone to be there, otherwise would be watching the whole thing go down.

Grandchildren are an amazing thing! Congratulations!

6 minutes ago, nem said:

Funny people will pay for that plus ceramic on top. More so than paint correction and ceramic.

If they want I will deliver.

Prices people are willing to pay to change the color of their vehicle baffles me. 

I believe it. Sounds like you are in a heavy car culture area.

You’ll have people lined up like dominoes, falling in your door. 

Only one way to bring a new item to the market.... guns a blazing!!

Took the X to the mechanic for the death wobble. spinning and rebalancing the tires seemed to of worked wonders.  Thankfully as I really didn’t feel like buying a new set of tires this week.  

Looked up the damn schematic for the ABS sensor that I had to solder. Turns out the passenger side wires do not follow color through the plug. That would explain the ABS light. DOH.

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Looked up the damn schematic for the ABS sensor that I had to solder. Turns out the passenger side wires do not follow color through the plug. That would explain the ABS light. DOH.

Shouldn't matter.  It's just inducing a current.  There should be no polarity, so what else is there that could be wrong?

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

Shouldn't matter.  It's just inducing a current.  There should be no polarity, so what else is there that could be wrong?

Realistically a bent over pin in the remaining plug or faulty sensor. Even though they came new with the bearing, a faulty sensor would not surprise me. I kept the old ones just in case. 

So yeah I’ll start with the simple shit.  Could be a slew of other things too, as it’s tied in to the anti-slip and body roll control. The light came on after doing the wheel bearings and brakes though so highly unlikely.

Are the tone rings the same?  Just something to check.  I've seen them fucked up before.

The tone ring is internal on the unit bearing. The bearing came with the sensor already installed. I did Timken bearings, which are the OEM. 

I  still plan on reversing the wires first.  Nissans have some dumb shit going on, so would not be surprised. 

Colorado, the only state they will give you a rental with a cracked windshield. :lol:

On 12/21/2018 at 10:47 AM, nem said:

So when are you going to quit the day job and open Neal's Garage Inc.?

55 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Baby Penelope!! :wub: She arrived just in time for dinner!Image may contain: one or more people and baby

Congrats sir!!

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Baby Penelope!! :wub: She arrived just in time for dinner!Image may contain: one or more people and baby

Awesome early gift! Congrats! :woot:

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

So when are you going to quit the day job and open Neal's Garage Inc.?

It would take a lot to quit, but if they choose to exercise my severance package, well then things might change.

So I'm in charge of Christmas dinner and am having trouble deciding what to cook.

Last year I did a prime ribeye. I was thinking of doing some sort of grilled short rib this year but don't really know what to do for sides. I was thinking an asian flair.

I'm open to other proteins and side as well of any flavors.

Any suggestions?