Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

29 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

So I'm on my own this week and like to experiment with some dish. The more Protein, veggies and fiber the better. Suggestions? Something that reheats well (sees Sean puking) is good as well.

I was already to help and then BAM!

Chicken Makhani & Dal.  The "veggies" are in the form of a fruit though called a tomato.

It reheats AWESOME.  There is always some in our freezer.  I don't eat leftovers hardly ever, but my wife has a few she loves to freeze and eat later.

Your request is tough for 1 major reason.  Reheating veggies that are cooked means overcooked veggies.

Roasted veggies can reheat, but reheat them in a HOT pan.

And of course anything mashed....squash, potatoes, etc

Another reheat veggie friendly meal is Caldo Verde.  Can thank Matt for that one.

For red meat, to reheat it HAS to be a stew/curry...of course generally speaking that holds true for any meat.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Chicken Makhani & Dal.  The "veggies" are in the form of a fruit though called a tomato.

It reheats AWESOME.  There is always some in our freezer.  I don't eat leftovers hardly ever, but my wife has a few she loves to freeze and eat later.

Your request is tough for 1 major reason.  Reheating veggies that are cooked means overcooked veggies.

You could throw out that portion as long as you pretend I won't reheat it.

I don't think I could possibly eat as healthy as I want on my budget w/o re-heating.

Also really want to experiment with SousVide, but haven't had the spark to do something other than simple cuts of meat.

3 hours ago, MKader17 said:

So I'm on my own this week and like to experiment with some dish. The more Protein, veggies and fiber the better. Suggestions? Something that reheats well (sees Sean puking) is good as well.

I make lots of lettuce wraps.  Quinoa as the grain usually.   I love it with beef, seared and sliced super thin like a fajita.  Chicken or pork is great too.  Shrimp also.

That kale soup I shared.  Its heavenly. Great to reheat.  Especially if you keep the kale and soup base separate. 

39 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Also really want to experiment with SousVide, but haven't had the spark to do something other than simple cuts of meat.

I would love to make custards. 

Pastrami or other BBQ type meats.  

8 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Chili with beans is a no brainer. Filet or prime is good. Cook rare the first night. Then you can make something new each night, like street tacos, cheese steak sammys and fajitas. Could even make Texas chili with it. As far as veggies I’d just make a big tub of dank salad with walnuts and dried berries, then switch up the dressing every day or two. Not that I’d reheat fish, but it’s quick to bake a fish steak. Some halibut, Maui or orange roughy. 

I've been cooking for myself a lot lately as wifey has a new job. Has been nice not to eat chicken ever other fucking night. LMAO

6 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Got me a little Samsung Galaxy A6 not a bad little phone I guess for $17.00 a month from AT&T,and I can upgrade every year though.And I went to the local AT&T store and asked if they had any screen protectors,the girl said she would put it on.Was like $40 it was the liquid glass.Never had this before is it any count?

Did you get a new number other than the ***-0015  Mikey? Tried calling to shoot the shit a few weeks ago. Someone got a voicemail from a guy named Jared loOking for a Mikey. Haha

12 days straight of 10-12 hour days and I’m ready for a few off. Going to stay with the sister and chill. 

Sissys house is only a couple miles from Alcan. So will be able to go place an order for custom leaf springs, in person, with the vehicle on hand!

8 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Did you get a new number other than the ***-0015  Mikey? Tried calling to shoot the shit a few weeks ago. Someone got a voicemail from a guy named Jared loOking for a Mikey. Haha

Yeah,it got changed when I switched service buddy I will shoot you a PM with the new number.

Nice work Jared.

Thanks guys!

Drawing/tattooing the female figure and face is one of the most challenging things in art. Something I have sucked at for years and still only okay at. So appreciate the kind words!

I actually painted the Valkyrie with watercolor. Was good practice before skin. 

These being my first two watercolor paintings. Done with black tattoo ink and tea. Just realized I forgot to sign the one. LOL

Image may contain: 1 person, smilingImage may contain: 2 people

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

Amazing artwork!!!

Would really enjoy seeing what you have been painting Matt. Even if its not finished. :)

That's some nice work Jared!!

19 hours ago, dem beats said:

That kale soup I shared.  Its heavenly. Great to reheat.  Especially if you keep the kale and soup base separate. 

ie, Caldo Verde ;)