Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 3/3/2019 at 5:01 PM, topgun said:

Don't you be tempting me to build any 2ch crap.  

If I was closer I'd try to buy the Maggies back off of Sean but no plans on heading up there anytime.  

Amusingly I took pictures to sell them on CL months ago.  Haven't listed them yet.  Should come grab them!

On 3/3/2019 at 8:51 PM, MKader17 said:

I'm already seeing the fight my wife and I going to have when I sell the Silverado and I pull the Seas out of the truck before I sell them with out any idea of what I'm going to do with them.

Ha, or like having 3 snowmobiles in the garage and currently on Polaris's website configuring a new one to order.  :doh:

I haven't followed any car audio stuff in quite a while. Anyone have the scoop on why Don shutdown SDS? Not enough business or just wanted out? I'm surprised he didn't sell it.. 

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Ha, or like having 3 snowmobiles in the garage and currently on Polaris's website configuring a new one to order.  :doh:

It seems they don't understand the fundamental law of hobbies. The max number of hobby projects one can logically have is N+1. where N is the current number of projects.

6 hours ago, lithium said:

I haven't followed any car audio stuff in quite a while. Anyone have the scoop on why Don shutdown SDS? Not enough business or just wanted out? I'm surprised he didn't sell it.. 

Damn, just recommended them to a co-worker.

Android Auto....

Am I just having bad luck? it seems like I have to connect my phone multiple times for it to work and on the way home it lost connection 3 times. I finally just switched to Bluetooth and almost preferred the boring interface that started immediately when the car starts. Otherwise the truck reverts back to FM which generally sucks. When I don't have anything playing and use the "Okay Google" command it switches to FM for a brief moment before activating. My phone automatically launches Android Auto on the phone so maybe that is interfering?

Unless wireless AndroidAuto works like bluetooth, I can live without. The audio quality isn't much (if at all) worse and having my audio start back up immediately is pretty nice on bluetooth. I'm a get in the car and go kind of person.

On the truck front that makes 2011=2012+. I'm going to stick with a screen because of back up camera and resell value. Also 2011 is the first year of the 3.5/5.0 new body style.

Just waiting for a good deal to pop up. I seem to be less scared of mileage so I'm probably going to end up with a truck in the 80-100K range.

Really want to drive a 5.0 and 3.5 back to back. I'm going to try to find a dealer that has both in the 6 speed variety.

Driving the 2018 F150 has been nice, but there has been some hitches.

1. I love my audio system.

I'll need to get something in the new truck. to elaborate I listened to a new album of a band I liked in the F150 and thought is wasn't all that great. I drove my truck that evening and listened to the same album, realizing what I was missing. Oddly enough it was the high end of the guitar and symbols that were so crisp in the truck.

2. I love my eaton truetrac and lack of traction control.

I don't think I need a locker in my new truck because a truetrac is in my future. Can I turn off traction control all the time? Edit: you can turn off TC up to 35mph by turning off TC and then holding it for 5 seconds. I'm going to miss my '02 that lets you do whatever you want (no torque management babay!)

That being said, I can turn off traction control for <35 and have better range of power down low. I will have to get a tune as well if I go 3.5

5 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Got some of the drop kit in from Summit.

20190305_174058.jpg

New parts! Woot woot!! :D

On 3/5/2019 at 7:06 AM, MKader17 said:

It seems they don't understand the fundamental law of hobbies. The max number of hobby projects one can logically have is N+1. where N is the current number of projects.

I was going to snowcheck this year and order one exactly for me...but then my other blew up.  Will have all 3 listed for sale by the end of the week and if they all go then I order new.  If not, then perhaps I wait a year.  Considering we are about to spend a literal fuckton on a remodel I should probably not drop another $15k on a sled.

Also found a 4 wheeler yesterday.  That will piss her off bad if I do that right now.  Not the money, but the time and storage.

Hard to fit 4 snowmobiles and a 4 wheeler on a 2up trailer

And Wilwood can blow me.  NEVER buy their garbage

Fatty Eibach sway is in theIS.  Now it needs new shocks bad.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Wilwood is FUCKING FANTASTIC!

Just not for street vehicles.

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I was going to snowcheck this year and order one exactly for me...but then my other blew up.  Will have all 3 listed for sale by the end of the week and if they all go then I order new.  If not, then perhaps I wait a year.  Considering we are about to spend a literal fuckton on a remodel I should probably not drop another $15k on a sled.

It's only money, and you can't take it with you.

Bitch danger memories are for life.... or until you drink enough to forget.

23 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Also found a 4 wheeler yesterday.  That will piss her off bad if I do that right now.  Not the money, but the time and storage.

What did you find?! 

19 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Now you’ve sparked my curiosity. Please do tell?

I had to call a company out online this last week over nonexistent customer service. Not my usual style but got a pretty quick response back from them at that point.

Then they still seemed to fuck up my order. 

We’ve had almost 20 avalanches in the last five days. Three that have shut down the main interstate for almost a day at a time. 

Definitely spoke too soon on my brother coming back to work. Motherfucker worked about a week and then disappeared again on me. 

Going on about a month of working almost solid and by myself. Tried taking yesterday off but still ended up going in for half a day. 

Don’t know how much longer the body is going to hold out. Is going to be a three cases of Redbull week.

18 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Fatty Eibach sway is in theIS.  Now it needs new shocks bad.

The fatty bars on the mustang made it handle like a dream in the corners!! 

On 3/4/2019 at 11:05 AM, Tirefryr said:

I've literally had hundreds of "girlfriends."  Where's the good pool?

I’ll tell you where it’s not out...The bar. :lol:

Perhaps try the grocery store mid afternoon and wear lots of cologne. I get hit on all the time when I go that time a day. All the single ladies getting dinner for the night!

16 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Wilwood is FUCKING FANTASTIC!

Just not for street vehicles.

I disagree.  They are the most inconsistent brakes I have ever had.  I've replaced the pistons/seals now 4x.  And yes, for the street the weakness is exposed but they are coming off my truck.  Fucking sick of the nonsense.