Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Sorry to hear about Jack. :(

Dang dude.  You make me want more toys.

I want to pull my cart with a wheeler.  Something like this, but not as bad

51aXgszSSrL.jpg

Will still want to pull it as a cart sometimes as well.  Found this for sale, $40 for a handle.  Converts it to a clevis pin hitch.  The trailer needs to go about 400m total.  You may ask why the 4 wheeler?  When  you fill it full of cooler, food, and other BS it is easily 200lbs.  My driveway makes Mt Fuji look like a bunny hill.

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Utility-Cart-Handle-Pulling-Lawn-Tractor-Towing-Wheelbarrows-Wagon-Part-Garden/153289984984?epid=2255453933&hash=item23b0cb8bd8:g:1OkAAOSwlndZIBgZ

Can you all think of a better way of doing that?  I don't love $41 for the handle and then buying a receiver for a pin for another $30.

8 hours ago, nem said:

Sorry to hear about Jack. :(

Thanks man.

Lost close friends, pets, and family before.

While no harder I suppose, dealing with this is definitely a different and very emotional sensation. Dogs are different. 

I've never been upset at the loss of a pet.  I'm not sure I'm capable of being emotionally attached to an animal.  

Suck for YOUR buddy though.  How old is he?

Our yard dog at work is a 13-year-old German Shepherd.  Up until a couple months ago she was vibrant and loved to play.  Now, all she wants to do is sleep.  It's odd, but I think she's depressed. 

Part of the reason I don't have a dog is I don't want to see anyone age and fail around me.  Sorry mang. :(

Next project is a black mustang.

One last pic

IMG_20190404_092122.jpg

I love dogs, always have.  They have never left me, hurt me, lied to me, hit me, only love and licks.  (yes some accidents)

1 hour ago, nem said:

Next project is a black mustang.

You just let me know when you want to pick it up.  I'l even air up the tires for you.

Didn't see the family cat all day yesterday to my recollection.  Checked through the whole house and can't find her anywhere.  She's 15 years old and has a bad limp from arthritis due to a fall she had over 10 year ago.

She had been seeming to lose a bit of weight as of late.

Kind of think she may have snuck out when one of the kids had a door open a couple of days ago.  She's been gone up to 5 days before and made it back fine.  We never declawed her even though She's an indoor cat, so she still has all of her defences.

For some reason though, i just have that  strong feeling in my stomach that she won't be coming back this time.

She's spent the last couple weeks glued to either myself or the 2 year old, not really doing too much, and now she's just gone.

Just that strong feeling like she left for a reason this time.

Edited by nigel

5 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I've never been upset at the loss of a pet.  I'm not sure I'm capable of being emotionally attached to an animal.  

Suck for YOUR buddy though.  How old is he?

Our yard dog at work is a 13-year-old German Shepherd.  Up until a couple months ago she was vibrant and loved to play.  Now, all she wants to do is sleep.  It's odd, but I think she's depressed. 

He is an English mastiff and just over 12.  We basically got an extra 60% on average lifespans, and he has been happy all of it until now.

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Part of the reason I don't have a dog is I don't want to see anyone age and fail around me.  Sorry mang. :(

Thanks you, brochachochip.  Everything kind of sucks but he has had a charmed life that he let everyone ride along.  I'm glad I have this afternoon before we go in tonight...

It is a lot like caring for a senior and a child all at once, right now honestly.  It's hard but kind of helpful.

I can say this with no problem.  Nothing has put me in my place and bettered my life like having this dog.  It reminds me that

#1)  Something cares about me.  It's advantageous sometimes.

#2)  I have a goal to live up to about 1% of the good guy my dog thinks I am.  

The 1% is solidly true.  

So I'm in a BBQ event where I need to serve ~500 samples/bites of food.

Last year I did "Pulled pork on the half shell" Which was the top/bottom of a pulled pork slider with a pickle.

Looking to do something different this year...

Only requirement is that it has to be cooked on a BGE.

Eggfest 2019!!!

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

Thanks you, brochachochip.  Everything kind of sucks but he has had a charmed life that he let everyone ride along.  I'm glad I have this afternoon before we go in tonight...

It is a lot like caring for a senior and a child all at once, right now honestly.  It's hard but kind of helpful.

I can say this with no problem.  Nothing has put me in my place and bettered my life like having this dog.  It reminds me that

#1)  Something cares about me.  It's advantageous sometimes.

#2)  I have a goal to live up to about 1% of the good guy my dog thinks I am.  

No shit bro. I can treat my dog like shit and she'll be like, I'm sorry.

We don't deserve their loyalty.

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

So I'm in a BBQ event where I need to serve ~500 samples/bites of food.

Last year I did "Pulled pork on the half shell" Which was the top/bottom of a pulled pork slider with a pickle.

Looking to do something different this year...

Protein?  Budget?

On 4/1/2019 at 10:32 PM, dem beats said:

Glad to hear you are doing ok and trending up!

How's the schooling and things?

2/3 of my express classes are going great. One class is going fucking horribly. Professor is a younger adjunct professor, who loves making her 'quizzes' based upon paraphrasing the chapter's content, and making the questions ambiguous. While we are given 60 minutes for 20 questions, the wording makes finding the answer to the question incredibly difficult. Needless to say after consulting with another professor who is a full time professor, I'll be speaking to the head of the department tomorrow or Monday.

J

On 4/3/2019 at 6:11 PM, dem beats said:

Teach me to open my mouth.

Jack isn't really doing well and this time no reason why.  He seems to kind of be done himself.

Poor old bastard best dude ever.

Sorry to hear man. Does he have any favorite foods or treats? Might love to enjoy some.

J

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

2/3 of my express classes are going great. One class is going fucking horribly. Professor is a younger adjunct professor, who loves making her 'quizzes' based upon paraphrasing the chapter's content, and making the questions ambiguous. While we are given 60 minutes for 20 questions, the wording makes finding the answer to the question incredibly difficult. Needless to say after consulting with another professor who is a full time professor, I'll be speaking to the head of the department tomorrow or Monday.

J

Hopefully something will be done ASAP!

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Sorry to hear man. Does he have any favorite foods or treats? Might love to enjoy some.

J

Gave him a whole medium sized NY strip.

10 hours ago, Godsmack said:

2/3 of my express classes are going great. One class is going pucking horribly. Professor is a younger adjunct professor, who loves making her 'quizzes' based upon paraphrasing the chapter's content, and making the questions ambiguous. While we are given 60 minutes for 20 questions, the wording makes finding the answer to the question incredibly difficult. Needless to say after consulting with another professor who is a full time professor, I'll be speaking to the head of the department tomorrow or Monday.

J

The more people from the class going together the better.  We had to do this about a prof when i was in college.  The class lined up together at the deans office.

She told us at the start that all testing material would be based on the text book.  Then the test was on material not in the text book.  And she was marking people wrong on answers directly from the text and her teaching in class which just happened to directly contradict the approved text...

Needless to say all of our test marks got adjusted by the dean and he sat in on our classes and supervised all testing/grading.