Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I actually believe the testing should not be in the text book.  That defeats the purpose of learning.  It is called learning, not memorization.  That being said, do realize I am a Physicist so what I would be tested on is concepts and such.  This even applies to abstract things like history.  A history test shouldn't recall your understanding of history, but the application and understanding of what was learned or could have been learned from that history.  Way harder to write that test, but it is a much better indicator of true learning.

That being said, all I learned in college was how to learn which is really all that is important anyways.

On 4/4/2019 at 12:49 PM, nigel said:

Didn't see the family cat all day yesterday to my recollection.  Checked through the whole house and can't find her anywhere.  She's 15 years old and has a bad limp from arthritis due to a fall she had over 10 year ago.

She had been seeming to lose a bit of weight as of late.

Kind of think she may have snuck out when one of the kids had a door open a couple of days ago.  She's been gone up to 5 days before and made it back fine.  We never declawed her even though She's an indoor cat, so she still has all of her defences.

For some reason though, i just have that  strong feeling in my stomach that she won't be coming back this time.

She's spent the last couple weeks glued to either myself or the 2 year old, not really doing too much, and now she's just gone.

Just that strong feeling like she left for a reason this time.

Oh no, I am sorry.  I hope kitty comes back soon.

Forgot i posted that. Found her. She's being fairly distant though and not nearly as close or snugly as she normally is.

She's also not coming when called, or playing like normal.  But She's here.

Hoping she'll perk up and be back to normal.  She's not even being cuddly with the two year old and they've been inseparable best friends for the last year.

1 hour ago, nigel said:

Forgot i posted that. Found her. She's being fairly distant though and not nearly as close or snugly as she normally is.

She's also not coming when called, or playing like normal.  But She's here.

Hoping she'll perk up and be back to normal.  She's not even being cuddly with the two year old and they've been inseparable best friends for the last year.

I hope she perks up.  She must be pretty well loved for her to normally be so affectionate.  You also notice her being different so that's good on you. 

Silly thought, but rather than thinking the worst, could she be pregnant?  Maybe some Tom cat has been keeping her busy.  It is spring time!

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

I hope she perks up.  She must be pretty well loved for her to normally be so affectionate.  You also notice her being different so that's good on you. 

Silly thought, but rather than thinking the worst, could she be pregnant?  Maybe some Tom cat has been keeping her busy.  It is spring time!

Definitely not preggers, we had her fixed when she was a kitten.  Hoping she just needed some quiet time to herself.

15 hours ago, nigel said:

Definitely not preggers, we had her fixed when she was a kitten.  Hoping she just needed some quiet time to herself.

I hope so too.

Definitely back to herself this morning.  Came when called, right to me meowing and wanting a pet.  

So happy right now.

1 hour ago, nigel said:

Definitely back to herself this morning.  Came when called, right to me meowing and wanting a pet.  

So happy right now.

Woohoo!!!

Great to read this morning.

13 hours ago, dem beats said:

@sandt38

I see you lurking bruh.

Ah Ha...Where is he at?

5 hours ago, nigel said:

So happy right now.

Cool!

back at the airport.  Crazy weekend.

600mi in the car yesterday followed by a bonfire, train ride south 100mi this morning, ride back, coach soccer, now airport.  I'd like to breath.

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

In Boston...and 

:woot:

https://i.imgur.com/iLEX5UZ.png

is that your caddie?

8 hours ago, nem said:

is that your caddie?

That's why he was driving and not flying!

3 hours ago, dem beats said:

That's why he was driving and not flying!

He may have driven right past me on I 80.

Who owns the murdered out celica with the wing that was eastbound east of the cities at 10:50ish AM?

Sundown sticker in the back passanger micro window.

I bet whoever's that was is from SSA.

Pics for Ryan. 2011 Mustang with 82k miles. The paint was very rough and full of stone chips, but the fellow was super happy he finally got a car. This paint correction was a personal challenge of my skills. The front bumper was shit. Someone hit something and did a shitty job covering it up. I did this as a favor for the fellow and I will never do another car this rough again. Full 10 hours of correction!

IMG_20190408_184738.jpg

IMG_20190408_185159.jpg

MVIMG_20190408_185221.jpg

IMG_20190408_190408.jpg

IMG_20190408_190350.jpg

This is what most of the car looked like

IMG_20190408_083318.jpg

14 hours ago, nem said:

Pics for Ryan. 2011 Mustang with 82k miles. The paint was very rough and full of stone chips, but the fellow was super happy he finally got a car. This paint correction was a personal challenge of my skills. The front bumper was shit. Someone hit something and did a shitty job covering it up. I did this as a favor for the fellow and I will never do another car this rough again. Full 10 hours of correction!

IMG_20190408_184738.jpg

IMG_20190408_185159.jpg

MVIMG_20190408_185221.jpg

IMG_20190408_190408.jpg

IMG_20190408_190350.jpg

Whoa....

Nice work as always.  My paint is worse than that.

4 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Nice work as always.  My paint is worse than that.

Still waiting on it to show up :)

I think you've all seen the shit show that is my Mustang.