Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I've had 3 handheld tuners before.  Each one of them has stated in the directions that before you do anything, make sure you are connected to a battery charger to prevent battery drain.  It's literally like the first thing in the manual. 

Is your truck a dead duck right now?

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I've had 3 handheld tuners before.  Each one of them has stated in the directions that before you do anything, make sure you are connected to a battery charger to prevent battery drain.  It's literally like the first thing in the manual. 

The manual didn't have this, but that's no excuse. A storm blew in while I was updating the unit and I was more worried about potential hail than my truck dying. Rookie mistake... :(

As of now, yes. She's dead in the water.... I feel like I'm going to have to have it towed to a Ford dealer to rest everything...

Nice car Ryan.

Sorry to hear that Mike.

18 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

The manual didn't have this, but that's no excuse. A storm blew in while I was updating the unit and I was more worried about potential hail than my truck dying. Rookie mistake... :(

As of now, yes. She's dead in the water.... I feel like I'm going to have to have it towed to a Ford dealer to rest everything...

It's an SCT?  I'll see if I can find the manual for mine.  I SWEAR this was in the manuals.  They are trying to prevent exactly what happened to you.  I hope your dealer is helpful.  Some of them are just assholes when it comes to the aftermarket.

7 minutes ago, nem said:

Nice car Ryan.

Thanks, but it's bugging the hell out of me actually.  I don't like yellow.  It's saving grace is it looks like molten gold when the sunlight hits the pearl.

And then I remember how little I paid.

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

It's an SCT?  I'll see if I can find the manual for mine.  I SWEAR this was in the manuals.  They are trying to prevent exactly what happened to you.  I hope your dealer is helpful.  Some of them are just assholes when it comes to the aftermarket.

Yeah, I'm nervous that somehow I'm going to have to replace the ECM and I'm going to get charged out the wazoo. Guess I'll never make that mistake again.

11 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Thanks, but it's bugging the hell out of me actually.  I don't like yellow.  It's saving grace is it looks like molten gold when the sunlight hits the pearl.

You could always wrap it.

Awesome deal Ryan.  Curious what all parts it has/ been added so I can vicariously lice through you.

Awesome deal Ryan.  Curious what all parts it has/ been added so I can vicariously lice through you.

58 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Yeah, I'm nervous that somehow I'm going to have to replace the ECM and I'm going to get charged out the wazoo. Guess I'll never make that mistake again.

They should be able to flash a new calibration without issue.  It should literally take 15 minutes.  Hopefully, they will only charge you a diagnostic fee. 

45 minutes ago, nem said:

You could always wrap it.

I thought of that, but a good wrap is a couple grand.  Another grand and I can paint it.  I don't plan on keeping this thing, so I will live with what it is.  It's a rare color, so hopefully that will increase the value.

15 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I'm still finding stuff and going through all the paperwork, but here is a short list:

BBK longtubes

BBK O/R X-pipe

Flowmaster catback

Boss 302 Intake

JLT "cold air"

BBK throttle body

C&L mass air meter

Throttle sensitivity adjuster

Eibach Pro suspension kit.  This includes springs/dampers/ and bushings at all four corners plus larger front and rear sway bars.

BMR upper control arm mount, upper control arm, and lower control arms.

BMR panhard bar

JLT catch can

4:10 ring/pinion

SCT livewire tuning by Brenspeed

Several other things I've not yet found. 

Luckily, all this has been professionally installed and tuned by a well-known Mustang speed shop which is actually only a one hour drive. 

Oh yeah,

One piece aluminum driveshaft and a set of factory rear wheels with some sticky MT streets, and a gay ass shift light on the dash.  LOL!

I'm going to daily this AND winter drive too, so I'm picking up some Blizzaks when I go get new truck tires next week.

Awesome.  Glad to see you finally are going to have fun in the winter!!!  :woot:

I had a ton of fun 2 years ago with the A4, but I am NEVER purchasing a VAG again!

So, apparently I need at least $800 just to get an aftermarket HU into the Stang.  This is unacceptable.

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

They should be able to flash a new calibration without issue.  It should literally take 15 minutes.  Hopefully, they will only charge you a diagnostic fee. 

I hope that's the case. I feel like the tuner should have been able to return it to stock no problem. The tuner pills the stock tune first thing.

Have to say I've NEVER added a charger to my truck and have flashed it at least 100 times.  Hope it is as Ryan expects (I do too btw).

SCT support couldn't help me this morning. I got IDS from work. When connecting it says it can't find the PCM unique identifier but gives me the option to type it in myself.

Pic to follow