Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Does it do anything when you input the numbers?  IIRC, the "tear tag" was what they used as a serial of sorts for the calibration.  It's akin to a product key for software on your computer.  Of course you probably already knew this.  That's where you're going to run into trouble.  Of course if you have IDS, you may have a license to aquire this information.

Search Youtube for Fordtechmakuloco and shoot him a message.  That dude is AWESOME!

Found out you have to use other instead of connecting through the interface name.

However, the system says it's accepting the programming and calibration but nothing is different. There was some point where I tried to update the calibration and it shut the how truck down until the ISD gave up trying to connect.

Any of you guys into fitness trackers?

I'm really looking into the Garmin high end stuff.  I like that POLAR has the in wrist running diagnostics,  especially since the chest strap for running doesn't work for swimming......

But the garmin 945 or fenix products really seem to have the best package.

AKA I hate my Fitbit, and they seem to have really fallen off the edge.

Mike!  I'm sorry about the truck troubles!

I should find someone who can use my olde SCT tuner and unused O2 sensor.  I never got to use it.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

:doh:

Found a last ditch effort on the internet. Basically trick the situation by making leaving the truck off while it tries to connect. When it prompts you, you enter the info and then it reprograms the whole thing.

It's how they reprogram junkyard PCMs. It works on slightly older models. I'm hoping my PCM isn't physically messed up and can be wiped clean.

Need car hackers!

I'm almost going to go full Sean and just price and build myself vehicles..... or pay someone else to build it.

4 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Found a last ditch effort on the internet. Basically trick the situation by making leaving the truck off while it tries to connect. When it prompts you, you enter the info and then it reprograms the whole thing.

It's how they reprogram junkyard PCMs. It works on slightly older models. I'm hoping my PCM isn't physically messed up and can be wiped clean.

So I think I know the issue, but I don't know how to correct it. The truck keeps throwing a code about the non-volatile RAM (NVRAM) that won't clear. I think what has happened is the programming "thinks" it's fine, and it is fine enough to start the engine, run like garbage, and throw a bunch of codes. THe SCT Tuner and the IDS system cannot not convince it to erase and re-write the programming. Each time I try to re-write the programming is does it quickly, says it was sent and everything is good to go. It makes me think it's doing a check and the check is saying everything is good to go.

Similar issue with the calibration ( I assume these are separate). In one instance I was able to get it to try to really set the calibration. In doing so it shut down the entire system. I believe this to be because the programming is incorrect and thus the PCM can't accept the calibration.

If I could find a way to truly ERASE the PCM and make it think it's blank as blank could be THEN program it, I think I could save buying another PCM.

@Tirefryr, I'm going to see if FordTechMakuloco will be willing to shed light on the situation.

Good luck Mike.  I'm at a loss.

Speaking of,  I was searching for a dash kit yesterday for my car hoping to find something cheaper than $300,  and found a guy two cities over with a complete dash kit and a Jensen HU for $200.  I picked it up today and plugged it in and everything works perfectly.  I'm not a fan of Jensen, but this thing has dual USB, Nav, BT, backup camera, SD, DVD, reads FLAC, 6 channel RCAs, video in, etc. . . .  I figure I'll settle with this for now.  This damn car is so loud I'm not even going to attempt anything other than dropping the Evil mids in the doors, and fabbing up some tweet mounts.  Going to glass the trunk corner for the Gcon and that's it.

21 hours ago, MKader17 said:

So I think I know the issue, but I don't know how to correct it. The truck keeps throwing a code about the non-volatile RAM (NVRAM) that won't clear. I think what has happened is the programming "thinks" it's fine, and it is fine enough to start the engine, run like garbage, and throw a bunch of codes. THe SCT Tuner and the IDS system cannot not convince it to erase and re-write the programming. Each time I try to re-write the programming is does it quickly, says it was sent and everything is good to go. It makes me think it's doing a check and the check is saying everything is good to go.

Similar issue with the calibration ( I assume these are separate). In one instance I was able to get it to try to really set the calibration. In doing so it shut down the entire system. I believe this to be because the programming is incorrect and thus the PCM can't accept the calibration.

If I could find a way to truly ERASE the PCM and make it think it's blank as blank could be THEN program it, I think I could save buying another PCM.

@Tirefryr, I'm going to see if FordTechMakuloco will be willing to shed light on the situation.

It looks like I should be able to get a junkyard PC for $80 bucks and not $800. If this works I'll still probably have to take it somewhere to do the key activation.

SO this Jensen HU might be a bust.  Still ahead money wise though.  Gotta sell some other gear to buy some new stuff.

First rip on Friday.  

iYV8Tvb.jpg

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

First rip on Friday.  

iYV8Tvb.jpg

Damn, some bear claws?!

12" wide ones as well.  Going mudding.

Hell, 8" of fresh snow today where we are riding.  Might be slick :P

Nice 4wheeler, time to rip shit up!

Goddamn Ryan without mods that's 20k down here all day

J

New machine is a beast.  Amusingly it is the fastest quad in our group...which I think mean that others are now going to spend some money.  4wd just isn't necessary.  We went through some NASTY mud and deep water and rider capability made more of a difference than 2 or 4.  4's are just too heavy to get where they need to go.  The monstrous torque at near idle helps too.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:03 PM, ///M5 said:

First rip on Friday.  

iYV8Tvb.jpg

0NxNGm2.jpg

Oops.  Got her dirty.  Was worse a bit later when we found the deep mud, but I didn't take any shots of that.