Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Side note, I have increased my fiber intake 5 fold.  My energy has increased but damn, I'll leave it at that.

Glad the fiber is helping!

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I really dislike my new car.  I just can't get past the color, and the gears, and the 13mpg. . . .   Mileage may be partly operator error though.  Actually really miss driving the 'Bird.

Only vehicle I own (not the wives) that gets better than 13mpg is my atv.  Operator error on the Escalade nets 8.

Sorry you are digging your jam. :(

Looks beautiful!!

Can you do panel restoration too?

J

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Looks beautiful!!

Can you do panel restoration too?

J

To an extent. I clean and remove oxidation and scratches down to 1500 grit. 

Ugh, I hate getting up to be at the gym for 5:30 in the morning.  So not a morning person.  But, with the workout done and out of the way that leaves the rest of the day for my unproductivity to shine through...

On 5/16/2019 at 4:28 AM, Godsmack said:

Hey I'm always looking for ways to sell decals, signs, banners, or photo services. I sold 10 6" decals last week when a kid outside of class was talking about wanting a logo for his jetski. Quick 120 bucks.

J

A good salesman is always chasing a sale.  Always.  Every person you meet is a potential client to sell to.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:53 PM, Tirefryr said:

I really dislike my new car.  I just can't get past the color, and the gears, and the 13mpg. . . .   Mileage may be partly operator error though.  Actually really miss driving the 'Bird.

Whats wrong with the gears?

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Whats wrong with the gears?

4:10s.

Actually the worst part is the clutch.  If you let off the pedal even 1%, it grabs.  It makes for a jerky bitch.

Mike - you da man.  

XuFG0RS.png

I drilled a handwarmer switch hole and 4 mounting holes.  Test fits perfect.  Need to sand it and paint and then she gets installed permanently.

16 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Mike - you da man.  

XuFG0RS.png

I drilled a handwarmer switch hole and 4 mounting holes.  Test fits perfect.  Need to sand it and paint and then she gets installed permanently.

Nice! Glad it worked 

Had to give in and take my truck to the dealership. List price is $1k for a PCM. I was able to use my company discount and get it for $700. The whole deal is going to cost me $1100 to get back running :wacko:

OUCH!

31 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Had to give in and take my truck to the dealership. List price is $1k for a PCM. I was able to use my company discount and get it for $700. The whole deal is going to cost me $1100 to get back running :wacko:

Brutal!

Sorry mang!

So the brake motivs are going to have to be removed. Too dusty and squeak. Any recommendations for replacements? Wouldn't mind doing OEM but they are way expensive. Is powerstop good? I really don't need/want drilled slotted, but that's what they seems to have.

I've used PowerStop many times without issue.  They sell normal rotors too.  I've used them.

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

I've used PowerStop many times without issue.  They sell normal rotors too.  I've used them.

Easily the best option, they have multiple different options depending on your budget. I can’t remember the last time I bought another brand of brakes for my daily drivers.

Paint will be dry by tomorrow!

On 5/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, nigel said:

A good salesman is always chasing a sale.  Always.  Every person you meet is a potential client to sell to.

Exactly. There is always a spot for sales. With them or people they know.

J

On 5/17/2019 at 7:17 PM, Tirefryr said:

4:10s.

Too much drag, not enough cruise?

It's never been raced.  Don't know why he wanted low gearing.

11 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

It's never been raced.  Don't know why he wanted low gearing.

Fastest launch on a green light bro.  No way is soccer mom in her minivan beating them on the light change...

Gotta love having gangs...  20 inmate gang fight in one of our units last night.  Put 2 into ambulances.  At least one with a puncture into his chest cavity that was affecting his breathing.

Nothing like being at work for 15.5 hours and hearing the call for assistance come over the radio.

SHit, I thought you were in Canada.  You guys don't have that nonsense.