Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Dad took an ambulance ride last night.  Had what looked like a seizure, but they can't figure out why :(

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Dad took an ambulance ride last night.  Had what looked like a seizure, but they can't figure out why :(

Sorry to hear man. If they have not, have them look at it from a stroke perspective.....I've heard of them having similar appearances at times depending on how the stroke occurred.

J

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Understood. Just wanted to let ya know.

Good luck Aaron.

J

Well as expected, Geico is trying to pull the same bullshit Nationwide did.

They are trying to say my car's value is determined by the market.  Well I promptly sent them 4 examples from AutoTrader with the same transmission, similar condition, similar condition and similar miles, all proves the market shows my car is nearly 2.4% times what they are attempting to tell me it is worth.  I am going to make a massive fucking stink if they try to fuck me like Nationwide.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Crap, sorry Aaron.  Glad you are okay.

Thanks, with all the driving I do (26k/year on the IS, 4-6k/year on RX-8), in the area I have to drive 95% of the time...... the probability is not great.

10 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Sorry to hear man. If they have not, have them look at it from a stroke perspective.....I've heard of them having similar appearances at times depending on how the stroke occurred.

J

They did, thanks for the thought.  Had a full CT scan.  Made them do a bunch of shit!

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Oh no.  How is he doing now?

He is fine, was clear in the ambulance but it looked like a stroke/seizure so we needed to check.

Curious what you all think of this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reverse-1-one-man-brake-bleeder-kit-makes-bleeding-brakes-fun-again/283467585163

ihkRefD.png

I used to have a couple syringes I would do this with.  (mt. bike and snowmobile brake master cylinders don't push enough fluid to do it conventionally).  I can't find my syringes and the ones I need cost about what that does.  That is easier in that it holds enough to do it all in one shot.

....I am changing the brake lines on my atv next week and need to replace my fluid pusher.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

He is fine, was clear in the ambulance but it looked like a stroke/seizure so we needed to check.

So happy he is ok, hopefully they can find out what went on.

LMK if you need a boat beer.

Scary news Sean, hopefully they can get him figured out. 

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Sorry to hear that,Glad everything is ok.

4 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Well as expected, Geico is trying to pull the same bullshit Nationwide did.

They are trying to say my car's value is determined by the market.  Well I promptly sent them 4 examples from AutoTrader with the same transmission, similar condition, similar condition and similar miles, all proves the market shows my car is nearly 2.4% times what they are attempting to tell me it is worth.  I am going to make a massive fucking stink if they try to fuck me like Nationwide.

If they keep going that route, threaten to contact the local media. I'm sure at least one news station would want to cover this. Also, if you haven't yet, are you able to find examples within 500 miles that are keeping with this higher cost? Can they prove where their figures are coming from? Cause I'd love to see them prove that.

Sorry for the ankle grabbing they are giving you man.

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

They did, thanks for the thought.  Had a full CT scan.  Made them do a bunch of shit!

Glad they jumped that route. This is never an easy thing, and if you need to bounce things off someone, you have my number. I've been through the strokes with my grandmother, and seizures with the family of a couple guys I served with. Needless to say I've gotten adapt at finding this info.

J

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Curious what you all think of this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reverse-1-one-man-brake-bleeder-kit-makes-bleeding-brakes-fun-again/283467585163

ihkRefD.png

I used to have a couple syringes I would do this with.  (mt. bike and snowmobile brake master cylinders don't push enough fluid to do it conventionally).  I can't find my syringes and the ones I need cost about what that does.  That is easier in that it holds enough to do it all in one shot.

....I am changing the brake lines on my atv next week and need to replace my fluid pusher.

Looks like it could work pretty damn well. For 24 bucks, I'd give it a shot. God knows I've pissed away 10x that (and more) for something far less useful.

J

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

So happy he is ok, hopefully they can find out what went on.

LMK if you need a boat beer.

I do...but will finally put said boat in the water this weekend!

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I do...but will finally put said boat in the water this weekend!

Enjoy!  Extra hours for me!

I didn't say I was going to use it.  My kids hate it.  :(

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Why do they hate the boat???

J

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Time to hand me the spare key and we start cruising LF for crockpot moms with the b'ys.

Sean, how is your father today?

Well, 3 more good suits.

Now I need to bring in the others, and buy some nice looking travel ready suits.

I really hope the Cole haan come in my size

I'm really excited to try their stuff next time.

5 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Sean, how is your father today?

All 100%, thanks for asking.  No idea what happened, but they are monitoring him now 24/7 to see if they can figure it out.  Current guess is that somehow an imbalance caused his heart rate to drop too far and he passed out.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Well, 3 more good suits.

Now I need to bring in the others, and buy some nice looking travel ready suits.

I really hope the Cole haan come in my size

I'm really excited to try their stuff next time.

Still at the Men's whorehouse?

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Still at the Men's whorehouse?

Nope.  Left them a while back to concentrate on the new gig.

I'm getting really worried that I have a problem though.

These people are doing bad things that are costing me money and hurting the consumer and the business.   How can I keep stumbling into these shitty situations.   I'm really nervous it might be me.

:-(

34 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Nope.  Left them a while back to concentrate on the new gig.

I'm getting really worried that I have a problem though.

These people are doing bad things that are costing me money and hurting the consumer and the business.   How can I keep stumbling into these shitty situations.   I'm really nervous it might be me.

:-(

Well is there a common denominator between those people besides you? Also what do you think your problem is exactly?

J