Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

BTW, tomorrow night early coverage starts at 10 eastern on ESPN (I believe ESPN plus also has it starting at 7:30) is Top Rank Boxing from Kissimmee, FL.

Well I will be there ringside photographing the action for Rocket Sports and Entertainment. Last July I was editing for TR's official photographer, this year I'm shooting for a publication I do a lot for.

J

34 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Well is there a common denominator between those people besides you? Also what do you think your problem is exactly?

J

Good questions.

#1. I've given it a few months.  Personally I have done my best to give them a reason to like me.  At least from my point of view, and by asking them what they would like and/or expect from me.  The significant problem where I am now is that I will get an answer from them about how to to things, then when they do not follow their own rules they change the goalposts with a lot of "yeah, but" type situations. I actually get along best with the people who are not like me personally.  The ones who I have more lifestyles in common with, I have nothing in common when it comes to professional behavior. 

#2. Occam's razor is my major problem at the moment.... so either I don't have enough info, or it is me.

When I saw it might be me, I am also saying that I somehow appeal to those types of people.  They continue to hire me, despite me being HYPER clear at interviews.

As in I said I left a situation like this, don't want it again, got hired, then somehow via a promotion/transfer ended up in a lighter version of the culture I left.

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Good questions.

#1. I've given it a few months.  Personally I have done my best to give them a reason to like me.  At least from my point of view, and by asking them what they would like and/or expect from me.  The significant problem where I am now is that I will get an answer from them about how to to things, then when they do not follow their own rules they change the goalposts with a lot of "yeah, but" type situations. I actually get along best with the people who are not like me personally.  The ones who I have more lifestyles in common with, I have nothing in common when it comes to professional behavior. 

#2. Occam's razor is my major problem at the moment.... so either I don't have enough info, or it is me.

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

When I saw it might be me, I am also saying that I somehow appeal to those types of people.  They continue to hire me, despite me being HYPER clear at interviews.

As in I said I left a situation like this, don't want it again, got hired, then somehow via a promotion/transfer ended up in a lighter version of the culture I left.

So combining these two posts I am left drawing a conclusion that is their perception that you can get along with everyone and mentor those around you to be like you. Being 'HYPER clear at interviews' is a bullshit blanket statement in my option. Saying you fail at working with people like those you described means you might not be cut out for certain types of leadership roles; and honestly I don't believe it.

As for the closing statement of 'a lighter version of the culture I left'......well you got promoted/transferred. That should (by all logic) give you the ability to change shit up in the new location. Make changes wherever you end up after a reasonable assessment period. You see shit you don't like? Change it, but tell them WHY you are changing it. Yes I am well a-fucking-ware that it is not necessary for a supervisor or a boss to explain shit; but a leader does. That being said there is a limit as to how much explanation needs to be given.

I also think you might be reading a bit deeper into this than usual given everything that has happened within the last year. It might just be a case of too much stress and bullshit wearing on ya. Just keep pressing on, and you'll get where you wanna be. Even if you need to change your scenery to do it.

J

I was trying to be quick with my words.

If they offered me leadership I would resolve it.  They are not offering me leadership at this time. When I mentioned better than before I meant different company.  When I started at this company, I loved my first location.  They just offered me a really good opportunity.  I took it and I am finding out now, why such a great position was still open.

The general manager of our whole location used to have this department under her.  Now I am in charge of the department with no peers or subordinates. 

Thank you for the rest of the encouragement though J.  I'll figure it out, I'm just down because the last 4 of 5 positions I've been witness to flat out law violations and none have had any healthy culture.   That simply makes me feel I might be subconsciously attracted to those places or those place to me.

Either the speedway just had an awesome ass fireworks show, or some shit blew up.  The thing is a couple miles from my house and I FELT the explosions and it lit up the sky. 

30 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I was trying to be quick with my words.

If they offered me leadership I would resolve it.  They are not offering me leadership at this time. When I mentioned better than before I meant different company.  When I started at this company, I loved my first location.  They just offered me a really good opportunity.  I took it and I am finding out now, why such a great position was still open.

The general manager of our whole location used to have this department under her.  Now I am in charge of the department with no peers or subordinates. 

Thank you for the rest of the encouragement though J.  I'll figure it out, I'm just down because the last 4 of 5 positions I've been witness to flat out law violations and none have had any healthy culture.   That simply makes me feel I might be subconsciously attracted to those places or those place to me.

Well shit....that sounds like a losing hand for all 4 spots. Especially with no leadership, peers, or subordinates.

J

So I was looking at SUV's tonight, and found an 98 Ferrari Laforza for sale locally. Starting bid is 1000. I don't know why, but something is telling me if it's down to 36 hrs and under 1500 it might be fun to have. Especially if it checks out when I go look at it. I think it's just the idea of two things:

- Owning a Ferrari (even if only in name only) has always been a goal

- It has a semi beat interior and paint; making changing it not only a 'need' but making the idea of doing whatever I want easier to do.

J

There is nothing Ferrari about it, including the name.  I suggest you do some HEAVY research first,

3 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

There is nothing Ferrari about it, including the name.  I suggest you do some HEAVY research first,

I am. Already learning about the supercharged 5.0 Ford 302's are in there. What else should I know besides parts being hit an miss?

Why do you say the name is not Ferrari?

J

IT's not a Ferrari.  They (bodies) were designed and/or built by Pininfarina, but Ferrari has nothing to do with the thing whatsoever.  People, over time, have misconstrued this and it gained traction and people call it a Ferrari. 

It's ironic you posted this because I just last week watched a show on oddball European car and this happened to be on there.  I will see if I can find the show. 

3 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

IT's not a Ferrari.  They (bodies) were designed and/or built by Pininfarina, but Ferrari has nothing to do with the thing whatsoever.  People, over time, have misconstrued this and it gained traction and people call it a Ferrari. 

It's ironic you posted this because I just last week watched a show on oddball European car and this happened to be on there.  I will see if I can find the show. 

So then why the Ferrari name and badging?

J

And they never came stock with a blower. 

If you want to throw money away, I will gladly send you a box once a month to put it in and I will prepay the shipping as well.

Just now, Godsmack said:

So then why the Ferrari name and badging?

J

I can slap Ferrari tags, stickers, paint, wheels, whatever on any of my cars.  Doesn't make them a Ferrari.  I'll make it easy for you.  In the morning, call a nearby Ferrari dealer and tell them you'd like to schedule a pre-purchase inspection.  Get back to us on how that goes. 

8 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I can slap Ferrari tags, stickers, paint, wheels, whatever on any of my cars.  Doesn't make them a Ferrari.  I'll make it easy for you.  In the morning, call a nearby Ferrari dealer and tell them you'd like to schedule a pre-purchase inspection.  Get back to us on how that goes. 

fair enough

As you all know my body, probably brain too, is a dumpster fire of scar tissue from autoimmune diseases and such.

I've been doing tons of yoga on my own, occasionally some win Hoff breathing techniques,  and I see this massage therapist who somehow touched my spine through my abdomen whout hurting me.

Point is I am walking around like a newborn deer with a completely new posture after all these years.... I also live in a house designed for a woman who was 5'1.  It worked before... but now my cock is actual countertop height.  Aside from a new place to smash ham wallets, this is terrible.

I am going to need cutting board risers... or make my own outdoor cooking set up and never look back.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

As you all know my body, probably brain too, is a dumpster fire of scar tissue from autoimmune diseases and such.

I've been doing tons of yoga on my own, occasionally some win Hoff breathing techniques,  and I see this massage therapist who somehow touched my spine through my abdomen whout hurting me.

Point is I am walking around like a newborn deer with a completely new posture after all these years.... I also live in a house designed for a woman who was 5'1.  It worked before... but now my cock is actual countertop height.  Aside from a new place to smash ham wallets, this is terrible.

I am going to need cutting board risers... or make my own outdoor cooking set up and never look back.

Ever looked into equine therapy man? Makes ya focus on them and relaxing and nothing else....

J

23 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Ever looked into equine therapy man? Makes ya focus on them and relaxing and nothing else....

J

Equine?  I'm too fat for horses.  :-D 

Unless you're talking horse steroids, good stuff.  Turns a BA farm boy into a beast on the matt when I was wrestling. 

Actually I love horses, I spent a lot of time working with them and on farms.

J, I probably really miss my dog subconsciously. In a lot of ways he was my only constant friend in the last 10 years.  Hard to not have that little comfort anymore I suppose.  I'll get another little buddy when I have money and time.

:D

I just ordered a few cellular accessories from Cellular Outfitters,I love how they just throw stuff in the cart for me before checkout.My $20 order some how became $60 and I guess they decided I needed glittery butterfly stickers and screen protectors.Pretty slick,and of course no customer support phone number just email.

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

Equine?  I'm too fat for horses.  :-D 

Unless you're talking horse steroids, good stuff.  Turns a BA farm boy into a beast on the matt when I was wrestling. 

Actually I love horses, I spent a lot of time working with them and on farms.

J, I probably really miss my dog subconsciously. In a lot of ways he was my only constant friend in the last 10 years.  Hard to not have that little comfort anymore I suppose.  I'll get another little buddy when I have money and time.

:D

Part of the therapy is grooming, and walking them. Even beyond the ride, there is a bond and therapeutic effects that can be achieved. With you having knowledge of them first hand, then you know what I mean. As for juicing....that's all you bro.

Missing the dog is definitely to be expected. My pup is 9 now, and she's starting to show bits of aging signs. She needs to have her teeth cleaned and while she's asleep for that they need to remove a few growths. Considering how often she seems 'tired', I'm worried about how they are going to turn out. I still make sure she gets as much love and time as I can give her, and little treats all the time. She's literally the reason I am sitting here writing this to you now.

J

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Part of the therapy is grooming, and walking them. Even beyond the ride, there is a bond and therapeutic effects that can be achieved. With you having knowledge of them first hand, then you know what I mean. As for juicing....that's all you bro.

Missing the dog is definitely to be expected. My pup is 9 now, and she's starting to show bits of aging signs. She needs to have her teeth cleaned and while she's asleep for that they need to remove a few growths. Considering how often she seems 'tired', I'm worried about how they are going to turn out. I still make sure she gets as much love and time as I can give her, and little treats all the time. She's literally the reason I am sitting here writing this to you now.

J

I could get HRT tomorrow for sure.  I make about as much testosterone as a woman with agressive PCOS.  LMAO.  It's bad.

Wrestling is a big deal here.  Those farm boys would come in and just squeeze the life out of the city boys.  I knew one kid who juiced over a summer break.  He was an animal, but not really skilled and he wrecked his like on recreational drugs the next summer.

Get as much time with the fuzzy fam as you can.  They make life amazing my man!

3 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I just ordered a few cellular accessories from Cellular Outfitters,I love how they just throw stuff in the cart for me before checkout.My $20 order some how became $60 and I guess they decided I needed glittery butterfly stickers and screen protectors.Pretty slick,and of course no customer support phone number just email.

That's super effed up. 

I rarely order online, but one of my last order not only got me a great deal, they threw in a pile of candy, some free stickers and something else that I forget.

I just seen some wild cars at the store, Ferrari's McLaren's Lambo's Porsche's and alot of other unidentified rides..All exotic and looked like these folks were die hard fans of the Fast and Furious movies..I seen a Ohio tag on one,couldn't even get to a gas pump for gas for the lawnmower.I have no clue what they would be cruising through a rinky dinky town in Tennessee.lol

Well....

I'm staying for a while.  The GM came back to me 3 times to ask how she can get me to say after she tried the whole, "What do you think would resolve it."

"Well I have no alliance to them and if one of my employees did that I would have written them up the first time, sent them home so they don't make money after the second issue with a write up and action plan, and by now they would have been fired.  They have 14 years of experience here so as much as they deserve to have a second chance they should also know better and customers are upset not just staff."

She came back with a solid reframing and I'm allowing myself to try it on for size and see if we can work together to fix her team or cull them from the heard.

Edited by dem beats

20 hours ago, dem beats said:

I could get HRT tomorrow for sure.  I make about as much testosterone as a woman with agressive PCOS.  LMAO.  It's bad.

Wrestling is a big deal here.  Those farm boys would come in and just squeeze the life out of the city boys.  I knew one kid who juiced over a summer break.  He was an animal, but not really skilled and he wrecked his like on recreational drugs the next summer.

Get as much time with the fuzzy fam as you can.  They make life amazing my man!

Mine's low as hell too but in the 'normal' range.....which covers 15-85 year old men....I've asked to be re-tested so I can finally see endocrinology; nope. And people want Government controlled health care? GFTO with that bullshit.

Back home nothing was a big deal besides hunting and redneckery. No wrestling, soccer was a way to pass time, no football either. Nobody juiced...mainly because none of us knew people who had it.

I take as much time with Eva aka The Muppet (and about 150 other nicknames) as I can. She's a great dog.

J