Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

It's time to start designing my outdoor kitchen.....

I'm so excited!  Can't decide on getting another egg or similar, making a pizza oven type, or just a large gass/coal grill and flattop.

I dream of a large flattop surface, but I'm not sure if that can be implemented outside in MN

@///M5

the heavy cast egg grate is still perfect after all the a year and wet moments.  Even got some water in the egg once. My egg is under an overhang when not grilling but gets wet and is not covered.  Used the cast for grilling and smoking.  I like it for grilling more than the thin wire.  For smoking, I want a stainless.  Steaks taste better off the cast.  Scientific facts bro.

12 hours ago, ///M5 said:

It isn't in long enough to smoke, just carmelize.  If you don't get a rockin' crust you are missing something.   That being said, cauliflower is more resilient than broccoli to high heat.

Always smells like urine when I cook it.  It is one of the very few smells I really really am turned off of food from.  Ammonia right?  I think ABrown did an episode on it.

Almost 100% of the time.  

You have funny smelling urine

50 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You have funny smelling urine

I eat a lot of kitties.

I've been drinking a lot of german beer.  My ass is ALIVE!

1 minute ago, dem beats said:

Is that a hot or cold leftist tears tumbler??

It's a Kodi from HEB, the best grocery store ever.

Unfortunately  this happened while my wife was at a baby shower.

IMG_20190602_154233297_BURST000_COVER_TO

IMG_20190602_154215601_zpsozanblpr.jpg

IMG_20190602_154223916_zps2s9eloim.jpg

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

It's a Kodi from HEB, the best grocery store ever.

Damn!  I wanted to know how good they tasted!

I've never been to one!

Amazing job BTW.  Really jealous. 

7 hours ago, MKader17 said:

IMG_20190602_154247492_zpsigk2ghgh.jpg

Just want to be as cool as Nem

Nice work. :)

6 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Unfortunately  this happened while my wife was at a baby shower.

IMG_20190602_154233297_BURST000_COVER_TO

IMG_20190602_154215601_zpsozanblpr.jpg

IMG_20190602_154223916_zps2s9eloim.jpg

Clay those and show me another picture.

This is a Ford Escape?

23 hours ago, dem beats said:

What water pill?  Spironolactone?

That is a potassium sparing one, but you might grow tits!  Lol. Oddly enough I know another group of men that used it to make them looks less puffy because they had too many lady hormones!  Be aware that my rant about potassium does not exactly work while on this drug.  One of the reasons people take that drug is to INCREASE potassium.  If you do thats then eat a ton a veg and have the drug pushing out sodium, you're gonna have a bad time.

Be extremely careful of strenuous activities while getting used to any water pill.  Especially hot days.

Drink lots of water.  When I was put on those things I would have to take shots of soy sauce before/durring/after workouts where I was going to sweat a ton.  I really tried to just time it so it would be out of my system before any possible workout interactions and for me spironolactone goes through me relatively fast.  

I'll update with the name soon. 40mg a day for a week; 20mg after. I'm not a fan of taking this crap at all. I also know if I don't take their bs the 'help' I'll receive in preventing this from happening again is minimal.

Hopefully tomorrow they just take me off this shit and put me on just a solid diet.

J

I bet if you upped your vegis and water you would be good.  Maybe cut out packaged salt, and add some iodized salt occasionally instead of straight kosher.  

People are dumbfounded at how much they think I salt my food.  I've almost stopped prepping food with people who don't cook, or don't know me.  On top of what appears to be a healthy amount of salt in cooking, I love salty snacks and am known to take shots of soy sauce.  I almost ALWAYS show up with low sodium. 

Also cut the cigs.  Snuss pouches, cigar, pipe, all better choices.  Vape if you really want to get your hormones and body back into check.  If you can get down to 3mg or 1mg regular juice you're life will change.  Nicotine by itself isnt brutal to your system but coming off something that you have relied on every day will be earth shattering for your health.  I use nicotine BTW.  Recently, it's been close to daily unfortunately. I vaporize or use snuss.  No excuses but I use it to shit more than I use it for enjoyment honestly. 

Wtf, I didn't know you used nicotine.  We haven't quite hung out enough.  No wonder with my fucking travel schedule though

In Germany still.  Have amazingly bad farts this whole trip.   Home a week and then family vacation!

MK, shit dude.  You don't look like a 13 year old anymore :)

As my hair has no grayed and needs to be cut the fuck off all the time I am not talking smack...

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I'll update with the name soon. 40mg a day for a week; 20mg after. I'm not a fan of taking this crap at all. I also know if I don't take their bs the 'help' I'll receive in preventing this from happening again is minimal.

Hopefully tomorrow they just take me off this shit and put me on just a solid diet.

J

Unfortunately most doctors will do little to put you on a solid diet. Unfortunately doctors know very little about nutrition.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Wtf, I didn't know you used nicotine.  We haven't quite hung out enough.  No wonder with my fucking travel schedule though

Hahaha!  The plan was cigars and bourbon on the boat last year!

I've used cigars for a while as a way to relax, but the vape/snus thing just helps me shit.  Gross but medically wonderful for my morning constitutional.  The moment I get that "craving" I just discontinue use until I forget about it.  I get the juice made for me for dirt fucking cheep and the vapes were all gifts, thus preventing me from ever trying to spend my own money and going down that rabbit hole of a hobby.  

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

As my hair has no grayed and needs to be cut the fuck off all the time I am not talking smack...

Beard is getting my grey.  But the top is thinning.

I cannot go bald.  It will be my end.

Welp, now I am the travel soccer coach. 

On 6/5/2019 at 12:39 PM, dem beats said:

I bet if you upped your vegis and water you would be good.  Maybe cut out packaged salt, and add some iodized salt occasionally instead of straight kosher.  

People are dumbfounded at how much they think I salt my food.  I've almost stopped prepping food with people who don't cook, or don't know me.  On top of what appears to be a healthy amount of salt in cooking, I love salty snacks and am known to take shots of soy sauce.  I almost ALWAYS show up with low sodium. 

Also cut the cigs.  Snuss pouches, cigar, pipe, all better choices.  Vape if you really want to get your hormones and body back into check.  If you can get down to 3mg or 1mg regular juice you're life will change.  Nicotine by itself isnt brutal to your system but coming off something that you have relied on every day will be earth shattering for your health.  I use nicotine BTW.  Recently, it's been close to daily unfortunately. I vaporize or use snuss.  No excuses but I use it to shit more than I use it for enjoyment honestly. 

No arguments at all with this. I am increasing the fruits and veggies, more water, less soda, less prepackaged crap (meal prep instead), and I've had a few cigs since I switched to the vape, and haven't vaped in over a month. I'm still trying to stay away from the nicotine. I would enjoy a nice cigar though. Maybe next week.

Also meds are .125 of Levothyroxine, 30 mins or so later 40 mg (now 20 MG a day as of tomorrow am) Furosemide, 20meq potassium, and a multivitamin at night.

J

23 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Unfortunately most doctors will do little to put you on a solid diet. Unfortunately doctors know very little about nutrition.

The Korean born Endocrinologist I saw today didn't seem to know much either. When pressed about the low sodium bit he kind of gave a bs answer.

J

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Welp, now I am the travel soccer coach. 

Happy about that?

J