Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I am not trying to convince you that you shouldn't buy what you want, just want to make sure you realize what it all means.  I am contemplating an Enduro or stiff Downhill bike as well....but to add a 5000w+ electric motor to.  Bobbing goes away when you don't pedal.  The power assist will also overcome the chainstays for wheelies and it will build confidence with stability on jumps.  I don't need another bike or project though.  Maybe next year.

2 other comments on this.

27 minutes ago, dem beats said:

What I like about rear suspension is the sensation of it never leaving the ground.  I feel like there is always a traction point and I always have leverage. 

How about this for backwards, I couldn't do a real bunny hop with my old hard bikes in a 29" but I could with a full suspension after my 2nd ride.

Perhaps you should change your focus to wanting to have the rear tire leave the ground.  Ass dragging on jumps SUCKS.  I am about to drop $1500 on shocks to help resolve this on my snowmobile.

29"er may not be the best choice either.  Personally I like the bigger wheels for rolling over stuff, but they are way harder to have fun on.  A good ole 26" or at most a 27.5" wide is what I would choose.  I am going through the same on the BMX.  There are plenty of 22" or 24" wheel BMX bikes that fit me, but I want a 20" wheel.  WAY more fun.

27 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Miss your fucking face bro.

How's life and where you been?

X2!!  What's new?

8 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I have a cyclocross bike that would fit you easy if you want to try one.  It has 26mm smoothies on it though as I use it as a long distance crushed granite cruiser.  It is an old school Trek touring bike that I've updated with modern SRAM stuff.

It would at least be cardio that has less impact than running.

8 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I am not trying to convince you that you shouldn't buy what you want, just want to make sure you realize what it all means.  I am contemplating an Enduro or stiff Downhill bike as well....but to add a 5000w+ electric motor to.  Bobbing goes away when you don't pedal.  The power assist will also overcome the chainstays for wheelies and it will build confidence with stability on jumps.  I don't need another bike or project though.  Maybe next year.

You can add power to an existing frame????

I thought you had to be stuck going with their frames with built in power....

12 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

2 other comments on this.

Perhaps you should change your focus to wanting to have the rear tire leave the ground.  Ass dragging on jumps SUCKS.  I am about to drop $1500 on shocks to help resolve this on my snowmobile.

29"er may not be the best choice either.  Personally I like the bigger wheels for rolling over stuff, but they are way harder to have fun on.  A good ole 26" or at most a 27.5" wide is what I would choose.  I am going through the same on the BMX.  There are plenty of 22" or 24" wheel BMX bikes that fit me, but I want a 20" wheel.  WAY more fun.

Air is scary.

Lol

I really thought I would like a 29" too.

My faves have all been the 27.5+ set ups.

Damn riding mower is already having issues.

I knew I should have gone with the X series and just saved up.  Fucking D130 had some U bolt randomly dangling,  and the transmission is making noise.

You start building out front and rear E hubs for the fat bike?

That kind of traction would be crazy!

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

You can add power to an existing frame????

I thought you had to be stuck going with their frames with built in power....

Ha, no.  I am too cheap for a that.  Bafang even makes torque sensing kits.

18 minutes ago, dem beats said:

You start building out front and rear E hubs for the fat bike?

That kind of traction would be crazy!

I want a steel frame for e mobility.  Generally I prefer steel to carbon anyways, but for sure with that much power.  Aluminum bikes ALL suck

I got nothing else local, but have no facebook to check there...

16 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

For $1600 I'd be interested if the Geo fits you.  It is a plastic bike though and us big guys and plastic aren't ideal.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bik/d/hopkins-2016-stumpjumper-6fattie/6886266179.html

The link is an aluminum stumpjumper.... I don't understand the "plastic" comment.

Lol

I'm so lost in the lingo.

17 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

For $1600 I'd be interested if the Geo fits you.  It is a plastic bike though and us big guys and plastic aren't ideal.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bik/d/hopkins-2016-stumpjumper-6fattie/6886266179.html

The stumpjumper was best in XL or an L with a bit of extra stem.

Worst for pedaling.  Lol

I'll look very slowly and keep my expectations low.  Maybe it would be good to just snipe parts and hunt all over for something.  Give myself a year to get it done?

19 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I got nothing else local, but have no facebook to check there...

I haven't gotten to the looking used local.  I want to sit on an XL enduro/allmountain type bike before I commit to that.

You're 100% right about what I should want,but I also like what I like for whatever reason that I cannot articulate.  I wouldnt keep getting on fatties and XC bikes if I wasn't trying to find one that made me happy.  I would have spent some money by now if I just accepted that I like what I like.

I thought it was carbon. Not much of a specialized fan as they don't fit my body but not opposed to them either.  

Oooooooooh shit.  I know what you can answer for me and make my life better instantly!

Is there an espresso machine that can also just have boiling water on tap?  I have always wanted a boiling water tap....

If that isn't a thing, it is time to finally buy a grinder and maybe espresso machine!  Just grinding my own beans for the French press would be amazing to have that fresh grind every morning!

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Outside of some $4k hand made CF frames ALL of them are made in China.  Mine was made by the same group that makes them for the big names...but they also built their own mold.  I bought that as I couldn't see paying the extra.

I'm shocked to find that out. I would have thought the 'higher end' before CF would be US or Canada; maybe even France.

J

Also, the diet has been better since the hospital. Had a good talk with the endocrinologist. We shall see what all happens, but he agreed I need to keep an eye on sodium content, but I don;'t have to stay under 2000mg a day. More blood work early July.

J

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

Oooooooooh shit.  I know what you can answer for me and make my life better instantly!

Is there an espresso machine that can also just have boiling water on tap?  I have always wanted a boiling water tap....

If that isn't a thing, it is time to finally buy a grinder and maybe espresso machine!  Just grinding my own beans for the French press would be amazing to have that fresh grind every morning!

Bang for the buck in that regard were the quickmills.  I have a quickmill vetrano and we use the boiling water a ton.  There may be more now or maybe I should upgrade and sell you mine.