Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Otherwise I have no idea why I linked those...my memory isn't what it used to be.

3 hours ago, dem beats said:

Wow!

I didn't know it was so swampy!  Awesome stuff!

We had fast trails, hill climbs, forest bush whacking, mud pits, river crossings, road approaches, you name it!  I am SUPER happy with my 2wd choice btw.

....which means I just spent nearly as much modifying it as I paid for it. :P

14 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Otherwise I have no idea why I linked those...my memory isn't what it used to be.

You're pretty smart!  The uzi with that big spring was the best ride I've ever had back then.  

Definitely one of my favorite rides!

14 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

We had fast trails, hill climbs, forest bush whacking, mud pits, river crossings, road approaches, you name it!  I am SUPER happy with my 2wd choice btw.

....which means I just spent nearly as much modifying it as I paid for it. :P

That looks fun.  I took you for a big air single track guy based on the mtn biking and bitch danging sleds.

:D

Edited by dem beats

10 minutes ago, dem beats said:

That looks fun.  I took you for a big air single track guy based on the mtn biking and bitch danging sleds.

:D

I got some air. :)  Will get more on the next trips.  Wet spring = mud.  I ride with guys who are setup for mud so I went where they did.  Anything real technical I find fun.  So yeah, single/double track and air is coming.

If you accidentally stumble on a a 650b or 29+ bike in a XL+ with downhill or enduro suspension for cheap, shout.  I want to build an ebike.  Would prefer aluminum (LOL, first time in my life I have ever said that about a bike).

That or a small full suspension for my boys.  Getting sick of scouring the internet and just want the shopping done.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

If you accidentally stumble on a a 650b or 29+ bike in a XL+ with downhill or enduro suspension for cheap, shout.  I want to build an ebike.  Would prefer aluminum (LOL, first time in my life I have ever said that about a bike).

Ebike sounds like what I would be happiest with too.

If I see anything I'll let you know.  In 4-5 years the ebike thing will be amazing.  I'm amped. 

Amazing now if you build your own.  Get ready for watt restrictions from factory bikes.  I want a BEAST

On 6/23/2019 at 3:06 PM, ///M5 said:

Is there a difference?  ie, if you take 8oz of spinach and eat it or put it in the blender with water and then drink it.

I realize no one would do that... I think, lol.

No health difference, just easier to eat calories in liquid form. Of Course people are going to add some tasty calories to a shake.

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I got some air. :)  Will get more on the next trips.  Wet spring = mud.  I ride with guys who are setup for mud so I went where they did.  Anything real technical I find fun.  So yeah, single/double track and air is coming.

Those other bikes didn't look setup for mud.

Lighter bikes are fun to finesse in the mud. I remember friends on their little 2wd Honda Recon working the mud. When you get stuck you could usually pick the back end up and move it to some traction.

42 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Amazing now if you build your own.  Get ready for watt restrictions from factory bikes.  I want a BEAST

Any guides on how to do this?

So I won an Ebay aution for an F250 and the auction just disappeared.  I click on the link to pay from my email and it states invalid item number.

2 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Any guides on how to do this?

Battery pack, controller and either a crank or hub motor.  Trick is to not get shit batteries, but the el cheapo motors seem fine.  Different choices depending on your goal.  Personally I want a superman bike, ie I want it to measure my torque and the harder I push the more boost I want.  Other options could even be no pedals, but an electric motorcycle like bike.  Everything in between is possible.

As for which controller, battery, motor?  I haven't decided yet.  Biggest one possible.  If you want to google one and see installs, start with the Bafang as those make a lot of sense if you aren't doing a hub.

1 minute ago, ///M5 said:

Battery pack, controller and either a crank or hub motor.  Trick is to not get shit batteries, but the el cheapo motors seem fine.  Different choices depending on your goal.  Personally I want a superman bike, ie I want it to measure my torque and the harder I push the more boost I want.  Other options could even be no pedals, but an electric motorcycle like bike.  Everything in between is possible.

As for which controller, battery, motor?  I haven't decided yet.  Biggest one possible.  If you want to google one and see installs, start with the Bafang as those make a lot of sense if you aren't doing a hub.

I didn't know that there was a good pedal option that wasn't factory. 

Like you I want super power at the pedal.  Hub just adds so much extra mass at the wheel.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:45 PM, Tirefryr said:

Sold the Mustang yesterday.  Made a nice chunk.

Haha nice, shame you didn't keep it for the fun.

No fun driving a car you don't like.  It was fast, but, meh. .   I've had fast cars before.

6 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

No fun driving a car you don't like.  It was fast, but, meh. .   I've had fast cars before.

I LOVE speed and power but you ain't joking.

Once I started messing with supersport bikes I just realized that only chasing speed keeps me from being happy.

Edited by dem beats

Acceleration > Speed

...but I am a sucker

I guess I'm just getting old.  I'd rather drive my Town Car daily, and I can build the Tbird the way I want it.  I like big boost on a 4 banger, but this one will be a little different.

I mostly drive mellow too but can't afford a toy atm as I have nowhere to put it.  :(

I wish I had more power daily, but the most important thing for me is the go-cart feeling of control and always composed.

I'm checking out an SC400 abd a 944 tonight.