Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

6 minutes ago, topgun said:

You on health insurance?  Your in the area, thought of getting on the list to check into Mayo?  

Yeah.

For GI stuff, it might be worth the trip down there.

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

That sucks :(

Thanks mang.

As long as I can get to work and perform through it I'll be ok.

Sorry to hear Matt. That's fucking horrendous. Hopefully the Mayo clinic can shed some light on things, and get you going in the right direction.

J

13 hours ago, dem beats said:

Thanks mang.

As long as I can get to work and perform through it I'll be ok.

I'm curious as to what you have tried for pain relief; what has worked and what failed miserably.

J

35 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I'm curious as to what you have tried for pain relief; what has worked and what failed miserably.

J

What works? Complex question 

I have to explain what's going on.  For me, this problem is causing incredible pain, pressure and constipation that eventually leads to vomiting and what I assume to be vegus and enteric nerve problems.  As crippling as the pain is, the fear is worse.  When something sets off a wave of pain, there is often a strong wave of absolute panic and fear.  It's enough I'll gag and throw up.  That in turn can fire the rest of my GI tract causing some fun results. 

Despite being told it doesn't help ibuprofen/naproxen help a ton.  Way more than my meloxicam but all 3 need to stop for a while I think.  They probably make the GI system worse.

Opiates work because opiates do work.  Tramadol seems to be the best for me and other with arthritis as it has some depression and energy boosting abilities.  It also slows down your GI system making everything worse later.  I rarely use that as constipation is one of my biggest sources of pain.

In general I spend 90 min doing PT for my joints at night.  I'm spending most of that on my abdomen and hips now.  This allows me to eat and drink a bit and wall the next morning.  I need to start getting up much earlier to do this in the morning instead and only spend 30-60 min at night.

I cannot understate the emotional toll from these "anxiety attacks".  I've felt in danger for my life over an extended moment and been forced to take action against my bodies own will.  This is absolutely that same intensity for long periods at a time.  As in randomly stress sweating enough to need to change clothes.

Combined with the pain it is full on hand shaking bad.  

If it was "JUST" physical pain and not absolute panic along with puking and shitting myself I wouldn't bitch too much and just go to work, but this is not conducive to my life.

I honestly think it's the food supply that is poisoning us.  So much shit the body was not designed to ingest.

I'm with you though on everything, minus the anxiety.  I learned to control that years ago.  Once you breach that hurtle, it's cake!

Physically, I don't know how I am still able to stand many days. I'm just a freaking mess. 

12 hours ago, dem beats said:

What works? Complex question 

I have to explain what's going on.  For me, this problem is causing incredible pain, pressure and constipation that eventually leads to vomiting and what I assume to be vegus and enteric nerve problems.  As crippling as the pain is, the fear is worse.  When something sets off a wave of pain, there is often a strong wave of absolute panic and fear.  It's enough I'll gag and throw up.  That in turn can fire the rest of my GI tract causing some fun results. 

Despite being told it doesn't help ibuprofen/naproxen help a ton.  Way more than my meloxicam but all 3 need to stop for a while I think.  They probably make the GI system worse.

Opiates work because opiates do work.  Tramadol seems to be the best for me and other with arthritis as it has some depression and energy boosting abilities.  It also slows down your GI system making everything worse later.  I rarely use that as constipation is one of my biggest sources of pain.

In general I spend 90 min doing PT for my joints at night.  I'm spending most of that on my abdomen and hips now.  This allows me to eat and drink a bit and wall the next morning.  I need to start getting up much earlier to do this in the morning instead and only spend 30-60 min at night.

I'm shocked Tramadol does that to you. It's a synthetic opioid devised (in part) to avoid that stoppage.

It just makes me sick as a dog.

J

So I might be making a trip back to Buffalo soon, and not for what I wanted. Do me a favor guys....and fuck I hate asking for this, and this is the only place I've publicly mentioned this personally.....just do me a favor and say a word, raise a glass, do a rail....whatever your pleasure is for my pops tomorrow. Surgery 3 or 4 (I honestly can't remember) since the 21st of June, at some point early this afternoon. Chest tube qon't quit leaking.

Back story, earlier this year pops was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. If you know anything about this, less than 20% make it 5 years or more, and his mass had some age on it. The plus side was it had not yet spread beyond the surrounding lymph nodes. They did radiation and chemo, and it shrunk it considerably; hell they only had one 'hot spot' that they were concerned about. Well needless to say his recovery hasn't been so smooth.

Tonight he openly admitted he was about done with this shit. He's tired of getting his ass kicked by this. Started crying and such a bit (mind you he is a tough sumbitch, and will do what he is told asap, and they have him somewhat decently medicated). When we spoke Friday after they tried to fix the leak by gluing it (and putting him under) and it didn't take he sounded ok. Tonight he was also coughing up more crap in a minute than I usually hear him cough up in a week of being sick.

Needless to say, if this doesn't work, or it goes poorly I'll be flying back in to visit him. I know nobody is ever ready to truly face the mentality of their own parent's mortality, but fuck....I got 34 years with him (and not all of em were great) and my kid never has been around him enough (mixture of faults there). I just wasn't ready for this possibility, and maybe I'm being a bitch about this....if I am sorry.

J

Sorry to hear that J.

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I'm shocked Tramadol does that to you. It's a synthetic opioid devised (in part) to avoid that stoppage.

It just makes me sick as a dog.

J

Maybe I'm particularly susceptible to that because of vegis nerve damage.  Stops me up baaaaaaaaad

I've heard gagging can help jump start it.  Better buy a big black rubber cock and leave it next to the throne for times when I need a force multiplier. 

:D

18 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Maybe I'm particularly susceptible to that because of vegis nerve damage.  Stops me up baaaaaaaaad

I've heard gagging can help jump start it.  Better buy a big black rubber cock and leave it next to the throne for times when I need a force multiplier. 

:D

LOL well played man

3 hours ago, nem said:

Sorry to hear that J.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Sorry mang. :(

Appreciate that guys. Sitting in class this morning, and even though I just got here I'm ready to go. We'll see what today brings.

J

I am sorry Jordan, that is very tough news.

20 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I honestly think it's the food supply that is poisoning us.  So much shit the body was not designed to ingest.

I'm with you though on everything, minus the anxiety.  I learned to control that years ago.  Once you breach that hurtle, it's cake!

Physically, I don't know how I am still able to stand many days. I'm just a freaking mess. 

Food is for sure a problem.  The anxiety is definitely a new version.  It's literally just 100% unadulterated fear being dumped into my system.  

The pain is brutal, but not as bad as the joint pain.  I just don't like not knowing or being in control of my bowel  movements. 

10 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I am sorry Jordan, that is very tough news.

10 hours ago, dem beats said:

@Godsmack

I'll have a few in his honor.

Thanks Aaron and Matt. I spoke with my step-mom this evening, as he didn't get in until 4. The docs told her that they were able to 'zap' it and a few other small spots and they waited a bit before they put the tube back in and were done, and it didn't seem to start leaking again. From what she said he was allowed a bit of broth at some point today and did well with it. Now he should be able to leave 'soon'. Now just to see what that means.

I really appreciate the well wishes guys. I tend to be a bit more reserved on family stuff. Just like I try not to brag or anything like that, I also try not to post shit for sympathy or attention. Just not my MO now, and I have never wanted it to be.

J

J if you need some cheering up you can swing by and listen to me cry like a girl every time I pee.

What happens when you have a kidney stone stuck in your ureter that the internal laser can break up you ask?

Well they stretch (dilate) your ureter and bladder valve to the max to pull it through. Due to all the damage I have a stent that feels like a spring from my kidney into my bladder for the next week.

So the term pissing razor blades and fire would feel good to me, but when you add squeezing the kidney to that mix because the bladder valve it always open look out! Not to mention the color and discharge.

What sucks the most is I can't work or do anything with the stent in.

Don't feel bad for me because this is only temporary and hopefully makes you guys chuckle a little. :) 

1 hour ago, nem said:

J if you need some cheering up you can swing by and listen to me cry like a girl every time I pee.

What happens when you have a kidney stone stuck in your ureter that the internal laser can break up you ask?

Well they stretch (dilate) your ureter and bladder valve to the max to pull it through. Due to all the damage I have a stent that feels like a spring from my kidney into my bladder for the next week.

So the term pissing razor blades and fire would feel good to me, but when you add squeezing the kidney to that mix because the bladder valve it always open look out! Not to mention the color and discharge.

What sucks the most is I can't work or do anything with the stent in.

Don't feel bad for me because this is only temporary and hopefully makes you guys chuckle a little. :) 

Holy fuck.....just reading that made my junk hurt....hope they get ya better ASAP.

J

Just as an update on pops; still in the ICU after surgery. Still has a breathing tube in and is sedated as he keeps trying to rip it out. He also now has pneumonia. Which honestly isn't a huge shock.

J

14 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Just as an update on pops; still in the ICU after surgery. Still has a breathing tube in and is sedated as he keeps trying to rip it out. He also now has pneumonia. Which honestly isn't a huge shock.

J

Prayers