Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Yesterday was national dog day, today is pluto's birthday. 

2 minutes ago, dem beats said:

@j-roadtatts

Luxury SUV tier list

Porsche > Ford > BMW/lexus > Toyota > whatever else is out there

No love for Mercedes or Volvo? 

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Yesterday was national dog day, today is pluto's birthday. 

Happy birthday puppy! 

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

No love for Mercedes or Volvo? 

I wouldn't say that either are better than the Cadillac offerings if you consider all of the things and I only didn't include Cadillac because its GM and Sean drives one.

His can be the exception. 

: D

I don't make the rules my dude, I just present the facts.

No V8 or no Android Auto removes BMW, Audi, Volvo, Ford & Lexus from options for me.  Range Rover are mechanical shit shows

*I will not run a full size (ie Suburban no, Tahoe ok) which rules out the V8 Fords

Makes it bleak.  Think I spend a bit more money on my rig upgrading it.

Some exciting MLS on if anyone is prone.  US Cup final.  Was 2-0 at half, 65 seconds in it is 2-1.  MN is down but it's a game now.

17 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Some exciting MLS on if anyone is prone.  US Cup final.  Was 2-0 at half, 65 seconds in it is 2-1.  MN is down but it's a game now.

My roomate of the same name and same spelling has season tickets.

I didnt even know we were doing so well.  He didnt tell me!

Mid season tourney. Team is exciting.

How many tickets? Ever sell them?  Good seats?

15 hours ago, dem beats said:

I wouldn't say that either are better than the Cadillac offerings if you consider all of the things and I only didn't include Cadillac because its GM and Sean drives one.

His can be the exception. 

: D

I don't make the rules my dude, I just present the facts.

I don’t know how the fuck Toyota makes it on any list. Other than maybe engine longevity with proper maintenance. Which goes for most cars nowadays. The ‘19 forerunner rental I drove had hideous steering. Very vague and ridiculously large turning radius. Interior was laid out poorly as well. The Audi SUV I had before was way more fun to drive. Shit even enjoyed the last couple Nissan rogue’s I’ve had more.

Not to mention over half the accessories don’t work in any I have ever gotten in that are 10 years old/150 thousand miles. Even my shitty Nissan tops that. 

I guess I missed the beginning of the conversation. What is the reason you were looking to change things up Sean?

Same goes for GM. After watching friends have to go through the lemon law just to get rid of a new car.

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

I don’t know how the fuck Toyota makes it on any list. Other than maybe engine longevity with proper maintenance. Which goes for most cars nowadays. The ‘19 forerunner rental I drove had hideous steering. Very vague and ridiculously large turning radius. Interior was laid out poorly as well. The Audi SUV I had before was way more fun to drive. Shit even enjoyed the last couple Nissan rogue’s I’ve had more.

Not to mention over half the accessories don’t work in any I have ever gotten in that are 10 years old/150 thousand miles. Even my shitty Nissan tops that. 

I am including cost of ownership and being glib about Toyota also being lexus.  I was in a really nice land cruiser too.  It was wonderful inside.

Audi does less for me every year.  They are like a gorgeous chick with no personality, sense of humor, or substance.  Just pretty and well engineered. 

16 hours ago, ///M5 said:

How many tickets? Ever sell them?  Good seats?

I think he has one or 2.  

He is pretty in love with our team so I don't think he misses a game.  He has had them since the old stadium, I I think they are pretty good.  Not sure at all.

Edited by dem beats

9 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I guess I missed the beginning of the conversation. What is the reason you were looking to change things up Sean?

Segue in life.  I've had it for a long time, I hate my wives car, and soon will have an extra garage spot.  As you all know I take FOREVER to make a decision so I am just tightening up my 3 year plan.  Need to know what I will drive daily, what I will drive in addition, and what my wife will.  Then need to know what we use as a family vehicle.

Decided to keep my truck, buy a C8 Corvette, and a newer rig for my wife.  Went into the Chevy dealership today to lock in a few things and check on a transmission for big ugly.  Supposedly warrantied even with the whipple :P

They didn't get back to me though which usually means no.

8 hours ago, dem beats said:

I think he has one or 2.  

He is pretty in love with our team so I don't think he misses a game.  He has had them since the old stadium, I I think they are pretty good.  Not sure at all.

I don't understand Heath's last few starting line ups, but the team is exciting as shit to watch.  Killer at set plays and willing to attack.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:33 AM, S.DeYoung said:

So.... whenever I have ordered these they have delivered as the wrong brakes.  When you click on info it doesn't fit the same for the X-drive.

I'm struggling to find any set for <$800. Crazy shit.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:44 AM, ///M5 said:

Zeckhausen racing is where I usually got mine for the Bm'ers.

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=3_4_3520_3522

Centric rotors are fine.  Used to use EBC pads from there, but now it seems he carries Hawk and Porterfield which I know nothing about.  Personally I would look for a lower dust option...

I'm very worried these might not fit either.  I might have to reach out to the people there.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:44 AM, ///M5 said:

Zeckhausen racing is where I usually got mine for the Bm'ers.

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=3_4_3520_3522

Centric rotors are fine.  Used to use EBC pads from there, but now it seems he carries Hawk and Porterfield which I know nothing about.  Personally I would look for a lower dust option...

I'm very worried these might not fit either.  I might have to reach out to the people there.

I think the best I have found so far is an EBC set for $1200 with 20% off for the labor day sale.

Never fucking mind.... the EBC.

I'm gonna roll the dice on the Rock Auto even though it doesnt specifically show the KOE6026 evolution kit doesn't specifically list my xdrive.

Grrrrr

Edited by dem beats

I think my best bet is o'Reilly's. 

My buddy might get a small discount there for working at a local shop and they seem to be the cheapest anyway. 

On 8/28/2019 at 12:46 PM, j-roadtatts said:

The turning radius does suck on the 5th gen. I tell people the 4runner is never the answer because they are lack luster, boring, and run forever.