Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Speaking of 4runners, I need to drive my 05 more.

I though the land cruiser was incredible, especially for the price.  Maybe my memory is wrong.  

As for ford, the explorer sport is nearly perfect.  Sincerely,  if it had a V8.....  the aviator is dope. The navigator is awesome.  Again, if they could go faster they would be perfect.  However I am over one vehicle for it all.

When I heard about the new vette I refused to leave my house and go shopping because I knew what might happen if I even saw one.  And I am quitting my job lol.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:46 PM, j-roadtatts said:

I don’t know how the fuck Toyota makes it on any list. Other than maybe engine longevity with proper maintenance. Which goes for most cars nowadays. The ‘19 forerunner rental I drove had hideous steering. Very vague and ridiculously large turning radius. Interior was laid out poorly as well. The Audi SUV I had before was way more fun to drive. Shit even enjoyed the last couple Nissan rogue’s I’ve had more.

Not to mention over half the accessories don’t work in any I have ever gotten in that are 10 years old/150 thousand miles. Even my shitty Nissan tops that. 

Love my Tundra. I will say the backup cam seal sucked, as it gave out on me. I didn';t get it in before the warranty was up unfortunately. My dumb ass was CONVINCED I had a 10 year/125k. Nope. 8 year/125k. Ended 2 weeks before I got it in there for that. Dumb as fuck on me.

Minus that, the turning radius sucks on the damn thing. It feels like driving a tank when it comes to being extremely nimble. Factory bilsteins have been great, and she gets up and runs well. Granted I don't expect track car handling, and I know its limitations. I drive it there.

J

On 8/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, j-roadtatts said:

I’d have to go clean shaved if I lived somewhere this humid. Have the uncontrollable urge to shave as soon as I get here. 

After a week you get used to it. Then again I have white trash facial hair genetics.....

On 8/25/2019 at 11:22 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Speaking of cost fluctuations. The hotel I’m in this week is $200 a night. I stayed in the same hotel six weeks ago and was only $100. And Is $400 a night in five weeks, which is the weekend of the first home game. 

Thinking it may be cost effective to buy a condo/small house to flip when all is said and done. 

Honestly, buy it and pay a cleaning service to handle keeping it nice and do it as an air b&b.....I know a few guys here who have little bungalos, and they get 100-350 a night with little problem.

On 8/26/2019 at 12:19 PM, j-roadtatts said:

Well made it till after we had left at least. Fuck. Just spent the last hour falling a part. Im not going to be able to eat today, my heart aches so fucking bad. 

Nothing could of prepared me for this moment. Enjoy every minute with them kids. Yes I’m talking to you Ryan, Aaron, Sean. 

Sorry bro. I don't know that feeling exactly, but I get that lovely feeling every time I drop her back off at mom's after a visit. With any luck she'll be living here next year. It's time for her to live with dad.

J

I am not a fan of the C8.  Perhaps when I see it in person, but, for me, the C7 is the second most beautiful Vette, and the best modern Vette to date.  I get why they had to go mid-engine, but to me, it's now no longer a sports car nor grand tourer. 

12 hours ago, dem beats said:

I'm very worried these might not fit either.  I might have to reach out to the people there.

Those guys are great.  If you call them I am sure you won't be confused at the end of the call.

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I am not a fan of the C8.  Perhaps when I see it in person, but, for me, the C7 is the second most beautiful Vette, and the best modern Vette to date.  I get why they had to go mid-engine, but to me, it's now no longer a sports car nor grand tourer. 

Thought about this

mGFprIB.jpg

JhXvcXp.jpg

But the C8 solves one HUGE problem with the C7. ..at least I hope.

C6 fits fine...I DON'T want one.  C7 I can't even sit in...otherwise I'd probably have one.  C8 will do everything better than either the 6 or 7 for me.  Also a lot more daily useful than an older one.  

A Torino

b0NLmkr.jpg

Or a Galaxie were 2 of my other 3 options.

If I don't fit in the Vette after it arrives, it will be time for a blown Mustang.  Lots of Roush 6th gens for sale.  Figure that makes more sense than a Shelby since I will drive the shit out of it.

If there is a better boosted variation I should start looking at Ryan I am all ears.

10 hours ago, nem said:

The turning radius does suck on the 5th gen. I tell people the 4runner is never the answer because they are lack luster, boring, and run forever. 

The boring utilitarian side of it didn’t bother me. And I really wanted to love it but just could not get over the steering. 

I have no doubt they run forever.  The neighbors late 90s truck has 750K on the clock. 

7 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Love my Tundra. I will say the backup cam seal sucked, as it gave out on me. I didn';t get it in before the warranty was up unfortunately. My dumb ass was CONVINCED I had a 10 year/125k. Nope. 8 year/125k. Ended 2 weeks before I got it in there for that. Dumb as fuck on me.

Minus that, the turning radius sucks on the damn thing. It feels like driving a tank when it comes to being extremely nimble. Factory bilsteins have been great, and she gets up and runs well. Granted I don't expect track car handling, and I know its limitations. I drive it there.

J

Honestly the tundra is top of my list of trucks I’d buy, if not going for sheer brute force. That or a f150. Brother just bought a 2013 with the ecoboost. The short test drive I took I enjoyed.

8 hours ago, dem beats said:

I though the land cruiser was incredible, especially for the price.  Maybe my memory is wrong.  

As for ford, the explorer sport is nearly perfect.  Sincerely,  if it had a V8.....  the aviator is dope. The navigator is awesome.  Again, if they could go faster they would be perfect.  However I am over one vehicle for it all.

When I heard about the new vette I refused to leave my house and go shopping because I knew what might happen if I even saw one.  And I am quitting my job lol.

I forget Land Cruiser is even made by Toyota. Especially when I see the older ones. Haha

We test drove Every Ford they could throw at us at the dealership when shopping. I would of taken the explorer.

8 hours ago, Godsmack said:

After a week you get used to it. Then again I have white trash facial hair genetics.....

Honestly, buy it and pay a cleaning service to handle keeping it nice and do it as an air b&b.....I know a few guys here who have little bungalos, and they get 100-350 a night with little problem.

Sorry bro. I don't know that feeling exactly, but I get that lovely feeling every time I drop her back off at mom's after a visit. With any luck she'll be living here next year. It's time for her to live with dad.

J

I’d need a clipper job to the body once a month with my woolly genetics...

Honestly, half the house would be paid for with in-state tuition. If one of us could become a state resident. Optimistically would become her  residence once she is allowed to move out of the dorm. So wouldn’t be throwing the money from her living quarters away.  

I have spoke strongly in the past about how I feel about you spending time with your daughter. Especially in your situation. That would be great if she came to live with you at some point!

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Thought about this

mGFprIB.jpg

JhXvcXp.jpg

Good God man! You must drink pure adrenaline for breakfast. 

Would be hard to pass up owning a big block split window for at least a minute.

10 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

The boring utilitarian side of it didn’t bother me. And I really wanted to love it but just could not get over the steering. 

I have no doubt they run forever.  The neighbors late 90s truck has 750K on the clock. 

I really tell people that at work when I am asked about 4runners. I don't like fade waves we have here.

That split window would be badass!

We have one local that never gets outside.

12 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Those guys are great.  If you call them I am sure you won't be confused at the end of the call.

I got all 4 rotors, front pads, filters for both vehicles (engine and cabin) for less than 2 rotors from them.

Next time I'll go through them.  My specific car has some weird set up that makes me end up spending a FORTUNE because only cheep Chinese part or super delux parts exist.

Booooo

11 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I forget Land Cruiser is even made by Toyota. Especially when I see the older ones. Haha

We test drove Every Ford they could throw at us at the dealership when shopping. I would of taken the explorer.

I forget the land cruiser is a vehicle every time I shop.

It is too good and needs a v8.

12 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Thought about this

mGFprIB.jpg

JhXvcXp.jpg

Sexy!

If I could have anything, it would be something like that or a pantera, but all electric.

If I went fully oldschool body, I would want to build the most absurd E-power set up ever.  A pair of Tesla motors kind of nuts.

:D

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

If there is a better boosted variation I should start looking at Ryan I am all ears.

I wouldn't even bother.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

Started removing my H-pipe today.  Broke a couple studs on the PS manifold, so now I have to remove the front suspension and K-member, AND the manifold for repair.  I guess this was a blessing in disguise though as when I was removing the suspension, I found both ball joints excessively worn and a broken spring.  Never felt an issue or made any noises.  Odd.

On 8/30/2019 at 4:45 PM, Tirefryr said:

I wouldn't even bother.

Looking or with the roush?