Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 8/22/2019 at 2:25 PM, dem beats said:

That sounds very heavy.  I've been >250 since I was about 14 so imaging that weight pushing that much is crazy.

I struggle with dumbell seated, and only overhead or military pressed until recently.  What kind of form do you have for your pressing?  Arnold or no rotation at all etc..?

No rotation at that weight.  Try to keep the path from the shoulder straight up past the the ear.

On 8/29/2019 at 10:47 AM, dem beats said:

So.... whenever I have ordered these they have delivered as the wrong brakes.  When you click on info it doesn't fit the same for the X-drive.

I'm struggling to find any set for <$800. Crazy shit.

I have ordered from rock auto for my 335xi and they have been the correct ones so I don’t know why they can’t get your car correct. ECS tuning has a sale going on right now. 

Convinced my mother to order an Explorer ST. It should be coming in next week. It’s stupid that an Explorer can get up to $60k.

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Looking or with the roush?

Recommending a Mustang.  If I had that money, I'd only opt for the GT350.

There were a couple dealers selling some boosted GTs for like $40K though if you want to save some money.  Around 800HP with warranty.

3 minutes ago, S.DeYoung said:

Convinced my mother to order an Explorer ST. It should be coming in next week. It’s stupid that an Explorer can get up to $60k.

My baby momma spent $33K on an Escape in 2011! 

I was surprised when the dealer offered lifetime Powertrain warranty. My mom doesn’t keep vehicles long but she gives them to my dad who drives them into the ground.

RockAuto discount code if anyone happens to be ordering in the next month. No photo description available.

45 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Recommending a Mustang.  If I had that money, I'd only opt for the GT350.

There were a couple dealers selling some boosted GTs for like $40K though if you want to save some money.  Around 800HP with warranty.

I have seen a bunch for $30k.  I won't spend much more than that on a pony car.

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Started removing my H-pipe today.  Broke a couple studs on the PS manifold, so now I have to remove the front suspension and K-member, AND the manifold for repair.  I guess this was a blessing in disguise though as when I was removing the suspension, I found both ball joints excessively worn and a broken spring.  Never felt an issue or made any noises.  Odd.

Suspension coil spring? That's crazy. Why are removing the H pipe?

Have to balance cost of ownership and while I would love a 350 they hold their value now too well to not buy a boosted one that is half price.  That is why I asked if the roush setup was ok.

46 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

My baby momma spent $33K on an Escape in 2011! 

Spent that on an Xterra in 2006 lol

1 hour ago, S.DeYoung said:

I have ordered from rock auto for my 335xi and they have been the correct ones so I don’t know why they can’t get your car correct. ECS tuning has a sale going on right now. 

550xi has different brakes than the 550i I guess.  The brand rock has for my car is the one that has been tried 3 times.

My brother has put them on every car he has owned and no problems.  This is just some stupid part I guess.

15 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

RockAuto discount code if anyone happens to be ordering in the next month. No photo description available.

Woot!

56 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I have seen a bunch for $30k.  I won't spend much more than that on a pony car.

I don't shop them any longer, so I'm not up to date on pricing.

56 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Suspension coil spring? That's crazy. Why are removing the H pipe?

The car needs some help in the sound department.  Nothing crazy, but just wanted it a little louder.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Have to balance cost of ownership and while I would love a 350 they hold their value now too well to not buy a boosted one that is half price.  That is why I asked if the roush setup was ok.

Roush has always made good cars.  They do a lot of design, engineering, and manufacturing for Ford Racing as well, so there is a huge factory relationship between the two.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Roush.  I almost bought a Roush Ecoboost before I picked up my '16.

I must be rebelling?

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I don't shop them any longer, so I'm not up to date on pricing.

Perhaps I could ask a direct question.  Roush setup I assume is good.  Any others that I shouldn't shy away from?  Price aside as that part I can figure out.

....but it is shocking how many boosted ones are near 30k...if I don't fit in the vette I will own one.

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Roush has always made good cars.  They do a lot of design, engineering, and manufacturing for Ford Racing as well, so there is a huge factory relationship between the two.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Roush.  I almost bought a Roush Ecoboost before I picked up my '16.

I guess I should have read ahead :)

I wouldn't buy TP from that guy.  Too much bad news and mystery behind him. No idea how he's still in business.

Those with truck experience, I need some help here.  My truck has quite a bit of room behind the seats.  I have an 18" Ultimax I would like to run in there.  I am worried about cancellation if I fire forward, so I am going to load it off the rear wall.  I've never used this application in a truck before.  Does anyone think it will be an issue?

Anyone ever purchased from HID Nation? Just curious if it's worth the extra money for there bulbs,or is this the same knock off LED bulbs that is on ebay,ect. for half of HID Nation's price.